rakghoul event last how many days?

displaynamee

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sure we'll see it for atleast a month, who knows perhaps each week will add something new.

All I need to say, I hope it lasts a while. I absolutely love the event that Bioware's Live Events team made for us and I find it a lot of fun. I ran around and am having a blast with all the content. Props to them for making an awesome live event and I hope they do more!

I think it will last a month too so that guilds can organize and farm the worlds bosses for a little bit, it also gives more stuff for us to do before 1.3 comes out (officially ending the trend of rakghoul outbrekas at that point I assume, since the flashpoint story arc is over after 1.2).

Overall, I am glad they did this. I wonder if they will evolve it over the next month for other planets and stuff. Watch closely at maintenance times, who knows what may slip in. o.o

If it lasts a month, they need to remove the freaking plague. It may seem fun now, but it's irritating as heck to me and I am sure it will be to others as time goes on.

That, and that 2k a pop vaccine which seems small now will add up over a month's time.

Not to mention the tremendously negative impact this has on lowbies.

If it lasts a month, they need to remove the freaking plague. It may seem fun now, but it's irritating as heck to me and I am sure it will be to others as time goes on.

That, and that 2k a pop vaccine which seems small now will add up over a month's time.

What negative impact? The worse thing it does is force you to his the respawn button. There's no penalty if you die from the plague (in fact, you get the DNA sample which is a bonus).

What negative impact? The worse thing it does is force you to his the respawn button. There's no penalty if you die from the plague (in fact, you get the DNA sample which is a bonus).

1) It looks ugly.

2) If you want to do WZs, you CANNOT be debuffed or you might lose control of your character at the worst possible time.

3) It's causing everyone to spend their time getting infected rather than actually, you know, playing the game.

3) It's causing everyone to spend their time getting infected rather than actually, you know, playing the game.

stop your belly aching...if people would rather take a break from the questing grind to do the live event,what do you care? i find it rather refreshing to do something different for a change.

Here is a simple, fast, and free way to rid yourself of the plague.

Step 1: Go to a really tall cliff.

Step 2: Jump off cliff stated in step 1.

Step 3: You are now free from the plague and your armor took no damage from falling to your death.

1) It looks ugly.

2) If you want to do WZs, you CANNOT be debuffed or you might lose control of your character at the worst possible time.

1.. it looks ugly? beauty is in the eye of the beholder lol: and who really cares

2. loosing control of your toon in WZ's? theres a solution to that, its called vaccine.

3. causing everyone to spend time getting infected? why worry about what others are doing?

BONUS! when you blow up you get DNA samples which you can sell for 20K!..this should be a lowbies dream come true..you can make a couple hundred grand just getting infected if you choose to do so.

stop your belly aching...if people would rather take a break from the questing grind to do the live event,what do you care? i find it rather refreshing to do something different for a change.

I like the difference, but I DESPISE that its taken away from the entire rest of the game.

For example, sometimes in the midst of questing I will do some warzones. Sometimes, in the midst of warzones, I will go do some crafting. These are nice breaks which don't destroy the other parts of the game. Right now, nobody's doing anything else.

Huh? How is getting infected and taking part in an event "not playing the game"?

Sorry, but people are playing the game, they just aren't doing what you want them to do.

Really? Even if you managed to play 24 hours a day, constantly in an area where people would infect you if you didn't have the stim, you'd only spend 240k. The more likely time of 4 or 5 hours a day means you are only paying 60k... over the course of a month. If you can't manage to make 60k credits a month look trivial, you should stay out of MMOs altogether.

I could possibly agree that the plague maybe shouldn't be infectious while you are on one of the starter planets, but beyond that, nobody should actually have any real trouble.

Huh? How is getting infected and taking part in an event "not playing the game"?

Sorry, but people are playing the game, they just aren't doing what you want them to do.

This is not correct. The game consists of questing, PvPing, PvEing, crafting, etc.... all those things that make up what the game is.

It is the very antithesis of "playing the game" to refrain from taking part in any of these things. As I said before/elsewhere, if something added to the game is just that - an addition - then it's great (potentially). If it takes away from those things, then it hurts the game. I didn't buy this game to stand on fleet - and neither did anyone else. We bought the game to quest, PvP, PvE, etc. This is the core of the game - what makes it what it is. Taking away from that, takes away from the game.

I have to work 14 hours a day, if that job lasts for a month it really does cut into my SWTOR time.

Not to mention this "job" has such a tremendous effect on my being able to raid since I will never get to level 50 at this rate.

/sarcasm off

I made a similar post to you. /clap

also, the vaccine only lasts 6 hours. If you're not playing more than 6 hours a day it should only cost you 60k a month. Deal with it.

Edited by AFKGCWBOT

I have to work 14 hours a day, if that job lasts for a month it really does cut into my SWTOR time.

Not to mention this "job" has such a tremendous effect on my being able to raid since I will never get to level 50 at this rate.

/sarcasm off

I made a similar post to you. /clap

also, the vaccine only lasts 6 hours. If you're not playing more than 6 hours a day it should only cost you 60k a month. Deal with it.

Not remotely the same thing. RL events are a given when it comes to any game and will always limit people's ability to play. In-game mechanics that interfere are another matter altogether.

It's like the difference between complaining about another country's invasion of your homeland, which you can't do much about and so doesn't have a real point to discussing in terms of your happiness, and debating the politics of your own country, which you have a right to be unhappy or happy with.

First, this "add up over a month's time" is only possible if you never never do anything. You probably won't even see the difference since a vaccin last 6h. More then enough for a day don't you think? Lying like this is awful don't you think :rolleyes: . If you need more than 6h for your dailies... not sure what to tell ya.

And actually, this is good for new player.

New player get plague. die and get his 5 blood. Ask in trade about them and sell them for some easy money.

New player don't always get the chance to start with bunch of credit at the very start. I didn't when this game launch.

EDIT:

This is not correct. The game consists of questing, PvPing, PvEing, crafting, etc.... all those things that make up what the game is.

The devs decide what the game is. Not you. They make this game, they make the rules. The amount of people saying that the world was too static (which I agree) was taken into consideration and it seems they came up with this as a way to add more deep to it. The also came up with a solution for those that weren't interest in it and the vaccin is there. Don't like it? nothing force you to participate.

Edited by Revanmug

So you're saying the 50 people afk'ing at the port in spot in the fleet were playing the game tonight? To me it's the closest thing to botting i've seen so far in the game. Get infected, afk for 20 min, come back, respawn, collect 5 DNA, repeat. And with the DNA being tradeable, make 15k each to boot (what they are selling for on my server).

I wish BW designers had the ability to think ahead once in awhile, it would be a refreshing change of pace.

First, this "add up over a month's time" is only possible if you never never do anything. You probably won't even see it the difference since a vaccin last 6h. More then enough for a day don't you think? Lying like this is awful don't you think :rolleyes: . If you need more than 6h for your dailies... not sure what to tell ya.

And actually, this is good for new player.

New player get plague. die and get his 5 blood. Ask in trade about them and sell them for some easy money.

New player don't always get the chance to start with bunch of credit at the very start. I didn't when this game launch.

There are countless flaws in this response.

First, it is precisely if you do do things that the vaccine does not last 6 hours, because when you venture out, you die and need to revaccinate.

Second, players on starting worlds are not able to access the GTN and so they cannot make money off of the plague.

Third, Players on new worlds may be confused by the plague and spend all their money on vaccines, thereby even run into trouble completing their quests from it due to being under-geared.

So you're saying the 50 people afk'ing at the port in spot in the fleet were playing the game tonight? To me it's the closest thing to botting i've seen so far in the game. Get infected, afk for 20 min, come back, respawn, collect 5 DNA, repeat. And with the DNA being tradeable, make 15k each to boot (what they are selling for on my server).

I wish BW designers had the ability to think ahead once in awhile, it would be a refreshing change of pace.

Well said. It's one of those situations where I was trying to reason it through too much, when frankly its so absurd on it's surface to say that this is playing the game that all you need to do is state what they're doing and any honest person cannot help but acknowledge that they're not doing anything.

There are countless flaws in this response.

First, it is precisely if you do do things that the vaccine does not last 6 hours, because when you venture out, you die and need to revaccinate.

Second, players on starting worlds are not able to access the GTN and so they cannot make money off of the plague.

Third, Players on new worlds may be confused by the plague and spend all their money on vaccines, thereby even run into trouble completing their quests from it due to being under-geared.

Look, if you are dying while doing dailies, you got bigger problem than this plague really. And ffs... HELLO?! Someone there? You only have to vaccinate when infected.

Not sure what kind of mystical world you live in but the few area with high amount of plagued people (and so hard to avoid considering they are all glowly and green) is tatooine and the fleet. Tatooine is a vast land of emptyness with quest in random far area where nobody goes except the new daily zone. The fleet well... Not sure how you can die there so, you are safe from monster with a vaccine!

Starting world really? It take 2 hours max to finish starting world and so, shouldn't really be a problem. The new player will get more blood to sell later in the worse case scenario. BAD! EASY MONEY is BAD ya see?

and you last point is stupid. If a person can't read debuff and item and then use simple logic, nothing will help them except themself. The undergeared part is lolworthy is it got nothing to do with the plague.