I can't heal!

Yakito

I am doing a Hard Mode Denova as we speak, full Rakata, Devon, and I CANNOT keep up. This is NOT fun, this is infuriating...

There's no magic rotation, there's nothing I can do to keep the raid up, NOTHING. We keep dying, we can't top the people up. I can't.

Thank you! Thank you very much for destroying my fun. It's not fun. It's not "challenging fun" it's "WHAT THE HELL?!?!?! challenging".

I am doing a Hard Mode Denova as we speak, full Rakata, Devon, and I CANNOT keep up. This is NOT fun, this is infuriating...

There's no magic rotation, there's nothing I can do to keep the raid up, NOTHING. We keep dying, we can't top the people up. I can't.

Thank you! Thank you very much for destroying my fun. It's not fun. It's not "challenging fun" it's "WHAT THE HELL?!?!?! challenging".

I liked very much of the "infuriating..." part, perfect word to describe commandos "fun gameplay" after 1.2 :)

Don't be too hard on yourself. Keeping the raid alive also depends on how geared your raid is (not just yourself).

If the other raiders are undergeared then it's impossible to keep them alive, no matter how equipped or amazing your rotations are. Denova is significently harder than KP/EV also (when comparing the same modes).

There is just a magic borderline for combat medics what you can heal, and after what it is impossible to heal anymore. Only way would be to reduce the damage the raid is getting, or lot of patch heals from the other commandos and sages.

For me this number is around 800-1000 HPS now (after several tests with flashpoints and story mode of the new ops), even over longer timer. Short time spike heal was around 1600, but i was totally out of ammo after it.

A sage (without the AE heal) would be around the same, but could keep up the spike alot longer than a commando.

The story ops barly worked so far (second healer in OPS was a scoundrel). On some bosses a sage would have made this piss easy (like 3rd boss). But scoundrel and commando on it is a pain.

Examples from the parser:

Story Colonel Vorgath: 1101 HPS (433 sec - 476763 Heal) - Fight on the limit with healing

Story Zorn and Toth: 974 HPS (276 sec - 269252 Heal)

Hard LI Doc Lorrick: 951 HPS (274 sec - 260397 Heal) - first kill

Hard LI Doc Lorrick: 911 HPS (226 sec - 205755 Heal) - second kill

Hard LI Sav-Rak: 1090 HPS (212 sec - 231543 Heal) - Limit with healing on first kill

Hard LI Sav-Rak: 885 HPS (196 sec - 173374 Heal) - second kill with force armor from two sages

I would love to present as well the logs from the scoundrel, but he didnt log the fights.

So on fights that last not longer than 2 min a higher DPS can be done. But to get a sustain healing, you cant burn down your ammo this much. So for me the limit is around 1100 HPS it seems.

Edit: something i noticed for sure, i am way to many times in low ammo range. Just because the burst is so hard, that you have to heal or the members die. Even if this means you end in low ammo range. But getting out of this range again cost you alot of time. The sage is more constant in this, just because the regen is always the same, it dont matter when he has to burn. But the commando goes really fast in a ammo hole, and you get out of it way to hard.

Edited by Aritok

I agree completely. I just cant stand logging into my commando now.

yeah its no longer fun to play commando as a healer. gg bioware

Not only it's not fun, it's a torture, it's a pain to try and keep the raid up. There's no flow in my healing... oh no no no. Now I have to heal, wait for a cooldown, heal again with the cheapest possible heals, or heal with the stronger, more expensive ones and then just stare at my ammo regen waiting for it to reach the point where I can heal once again.

So as a healer I feel useless. I feel like I am dragging the team down, like I am an addition no one wants, but has to have. I don't feel strong, I don't feel good. I don't feel like I matter in the raid. I feel like DPS and Tanks are doing hell of a good job and healers are just "there" screaming "WHYYYY?!?! What did I do to deserve this?! ".

And for the record, I have an Infernal title, and some other nice achievements. I don't lack skill, or gear.

Hammer shot hammer shot hammer shot hammer shot hammer shot hammer shot hammer shot hammer shot hammer shot hammer shot hammer shot hammer shot hammer shot hammer shot hammer shot hammer shot hammer shot.

Oh yah this is really fun. :(

Hammer shot hammer shot hammer shot hammer shot hammer shot hammer shot hammer shot hammer shot hammer shot hammer shot hammer shot hammer shot hammer shot hammer shot hammer shot hammer shot hammer shot.

More like:

Hammer shot hammer shot hammer shot ham--oh crap that's me that needs health, BIG HEAL Cast, hammer shot hammer shot hammer shot hammer shot hammer shot hammer shot hammer shot hammer shot hammer shot hammer shot hammer shot hammer shot hammer shot.

its not so much healing anymore.... its more deciding which party member will die in which order due to not having enough ammo to heal the party successfully

This what I do when I pvp now. Guess it's time for Billy to die as Mike over there seems to be killing more people. I can't keep two of them up at the same time so sorry Billy!

Oh crap I am getting targeted! I need to get my heat down fast! I can't shoot myself! NOOOOO!

/dance

/Return to Medcenter

/rinse and repeat