Set bonus lie

SoonerJBD

For anyone considering ripping the armoring/mods out of their raid gear to put it in something less awful looking like I did... You will lose your set bonus. I thought I remembered them saying this wouldn't happen. But apparently it's only for the new gear, not Columni and Rakata. Assume the same is true for PvP gear.

Not the biggest deal in the world since the PvE set bonus kinda stunk anyway, but something to consider.

For anyone considering ripping the armoring/mods out of their raid gear to put it in something less awful looking like I did... You will lose your set bonus. I thought I remembered them saying this wouldn't happen. But apparently it's only for the new gear, not Columni and Rakata. Assume the same is true for PvP gear.

Not the biggest deal in the world since the PvE set bonus kinda stunk anyway, but something to consider.

Are you serious? This was not the impression I got at all.

That sucks.

No this is correct, devs confirmed on several occasions this is the way it would work.

The old gear set bonus is in the shells, so can't be moved to orange gear. With the new tier gear the set bonus is on the armouring mod so can be moved.

Example (using pvp terminology):

I have full BM. As soon as 1.2 hit I could swap the mods from one of my five main armour pieces (let's say the legs) to an orange shell with augment. I lose the set bonus from this piece but still have four so that's ok. When I get my first WH piece (let's say the head) I can swap the mods to an orange shell with augment and keep the set bonus (as BM and WH are the same and work together when mixed).

I find my set bonuses useful so that's how I'm proceeding. Other people I know have already swapped all their BM mods to orange with augments because they didn't like the set bonus much anyway.

/facepalm

Does really nobody read the patch notes? ALL existing gear in game prior to 1.2 has bonuses on the shell, therefore ripping armoring out will make you lose the bonus (didn't stop me, though; cool looks + augment > set bonus, imo :p). The armorings in new gear (specifically, War Hero and Campaign gears, but not Black Hole gear) carry set bonuses on them and can be moved to other pieces.

They stated this at least 3x prior to 1.2 launch in official explanations.

Edited by tufy

It didn't, it was a graphical glitch - if you had the gear equipped and change it out, it appeared as if the set bonus was still active, even though it was not. If you reloaded the character from selection screen, the "bonus" would be gone (and I think zoning worked too). Edited by tufy

They say "we have heard the community" on this (the ability to transfer the set bonus for all gear with a set bonus so we are not stuck with the absurd looking set bonus gear)...

...and then they fail to make this so for the great majority of the community who want this, which are people wearing Tionese and Columni gear.

Not impressed.