In Game Special event - Happening Now

Owsley

tell me exactly how please

You get 5 each time you die from the Rakghoul plague.

:edit:

I also did all the quests apart from the big origins one (11 DNA from the quest & 2 area quests)

Edited by Jestunhi

• Replies 448
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So you waitet out the 30 min like 15-20 times? Ö_Ö

Put it in windowed, alt tab to media / internet, watch some TV, etc.

Don't exactly need to do much other than press a button every now and then to stop going afk and respawning when you die.

Got another 5 since the last post: http://img862.imageshack.us/img862/6170/dnaul.jpg

Edited by Jestunhi

Put it in windowed, alt tab to media / internet, watch some TV, etc.

Don't exactly need to do much other than press a button every now and then to stop going afk and respawning when you die.

Got another 5 since the last post: http://img862.imageshack.us/img862/6170/dnaul.jpg

Its a good idea, wonder if the debuff counts down while bgeing offline, could then infect my 2nd char and play main in meantime. probably wont work though

How does one farm so many samples?

They keep exploding people on the fleet but refuse to tell anyone what this is all about so they themselves can get all infections counted. For everyone they infect they get one DNA sample.

Edited by Mephane

They keep exploding people on the fleet but refuse to tell anyone what this is all about so they themselves can get all infections counted. For everyone they infect they get one DNA sample.

I'm fairly certain this is utter BS.

Firstly I repeatedly tell people what is going on.

And secondly it's a flat rate of 5 per death.

The infecting others is used for a single daily that only rewards you with vaccine (like I want that!!)

I'm also the one telling people how to get vaccine for 2k from vendors while others try to take advantage by selling them for 50-100k

Edited by Jestunhi

It doesn't work like that. You don't get any DNA samples for infecting others. Even the daily for infecting others just provides vaccines for a reward.

The very bottom node in the dunesea is wrong. its supposed to be a negative coord not positive. so its north of that a ways. but other then that GREAT picture! Thank you :D!

O thank god, I thought I was going crazy. Running into an exhaustian zone as fast as you can is not a good idea.

If you are in any stage of the disease and join a PVP WZ it appears to bug the disease. You no longer progress through the stages. If you enter your ship it seems to fix it. Logging out and back in does not fix it.

If you are in any stage of the disease and join a PVP WZ it appears to bug the disease. You no longer progress through the stages. If you enter your ship it seems to fix it. Logging out and back in does not fix it.

My guildie exploded mid-huttball match so it continued working for him.

I think it's fleet pass which actually bugs it (which could come before pvp queuing)

Anyone know if you can get the other Containment Officer gear pieces? I got the Republic Containment Officer Boots as a reward and TORHead seems to have entries for all the other items, but so far I have been unable to track down how to get the full set. :confused:

Imp version is boots too.

I'm guessing either

1. the rewards will change

or

2. the event will progress with the infection spreading and new / replacement missions being enabled

This sounds a lot like how the Ghoul/Halloween outbreak event went down in WoW just before WOTLK release. Crates starting appearing in major cities and spreading a plague then infected NPCs and players started transforming into ghouls. @_@ it was crazy

spot on

Anyone know if you can get the other Containment Officer gear pieces? I got the Republic Containment Officer Boots as a reward and TORHead seems to have entries for all the other items, but so far I have been unable to track down how to get the full set. :confused:

I thought I read somewhere that this event will move to other planets as well, so I believe you get more pieces when the event continues.

its certainly not over after what we've seen today.

It doesn't work like that. You don't get any DNA samples for infecting others. Even the daily for infecting others just provides vaccines for a reward.

Okay, then I have been misinformed about this. Sorry.

Can anyone confirm that the Sand People Shaman after you read the murals, is bugged, and always spawns at level 50? I tried many times, with the same result.

I have soloed the both "area" quest lines on my 35 IA with no problems. What I found while doing the quests with a different char, was however, if you are in a party everything spawns at the level of the highest party member. Maybe you were grouped?

Edited by Mephane