The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Fix the resolve bar and Merc healers.

elefka

One thing I have noticed in regards to most healing classes not necessarily Mercs in specific is the lack of using cure. Once you are resolve capped you can still be rooted especially by marauders and the like lunging to you. A simple cure removes this and along with a few CCs (I believe one mental one belonging to the assassins after the update to cure in 1.2) until you learn what each one looks like throw a cure on yourself or a teammate at the very worst you cured them for upwards of 1k this can be a game saver in some WZs.

Someone never played WoW seriously if he thinks that DR > Resolve.

Just for your information, a lot of CC heavy teams can pack you in longer into CC than anyone can do here thanks to resolve. Some worst case scenarios:

Against a MLS:

As a caster:

DF (5s) -> RoF (8s) -> Sheep (4s) -> Sheep (2s) -> Deatchoil (3s) -> Fear (8s)-> Fear (4s)-> Fear (2s) -> ICS (4s) -> Spellock (1.5 sec)

41.5 seconds in which you can do nothing. Still convinced DRs are so much better?

And if you are melee it gets even better against for example MLD:

Freeze (8s) -> FN (4s) -> CoC (4s) -> DF (5s) -> RoF (8s) -> Sheep (4s) -> Sheep (2s) now DR for roots are already gone so -> Roots (8s) -> Roots (4s) -> Roots (2s) -> Deathcoil (3s) -> Fear (8s) -> Fear (4s) -> Fear (2s) after only 2 seconds DR for roots is gone so they can start then whole rotation again minus Deathcoil but lets just add the first rotation together: 56 seconds and only 2 seconds DR until they can go for another full round on you once your trinket and your CC breaker(s) on CD.

Still convinced DRs are so much better than Resolve? :rolleyes:

The difference is, in wow healers can survive. They are given the tools to actually survive burst. In tor a healer is going to die 100% every time any sort of burst is put onto them *except* when they are guarded. Being balanced around a skill that we get in 1 out of 10 warzones is not fun.

If you gave it to healers to put on their tank of choice things would change, but that won't happen.

The difference is, in wow healers can survive. They are given the tools to actually survive burst. In tor a healer is going to die 100% every time any sort of burst is put onto them *except* when they are guarded. Being balanced around a skill that we get in 1 out of 10 warzones is not fun.

If you gave it to healers to put on their tank of choice things would change, but that won't happen.

You are allowed to ask for a Guard you know... It is a base ability for all ACs that have a tanking tree.

It seems many are extrapolating their inadequacies to make blanket statements like 100% die without guard. Changes abound, healers need to tweak their game-play and pair that with suitable itemization. There is no 100 % dying for healers unless you stand there like a fool and don't know how to utilize toolset, positioning and terrain. I've seen plenty of healers make significant impact in so many warzones. Personally I try to access what I need to do to change the dynamics of the situation and make it difficult for a premade that has very high burst. Seriously you can't expect to do the same thing and expect different results.

Related anecdote .... Earlier today I was guarding a Alderaan node alone cause I did not trust any of the pugs to do it. There was an epic moment when 3 stealthies opened up on my Commando medic at the same time !! I re-actively knew what to do because my ole duo partner ( Shadow ) had instructed best course of action to prolong encounter. I survived the burst and stopped 2 cap attempts by timing my cc breaker & kiting the hell out of them using turret until help arrived. Obviously many things must have gone in my favour for me to survive that but I'm just saying things are not so dire as a healer.

Edited by Stovokor