No Warzone medal Cap???!!?

Blinkdog

I know there it's suppossed to be capped at 8 medals.

But it's not.

8 medals typcally caps me about 2k valor and around 50 comms, 40 for medal 10 for the win.

Getting upwards of 15 medals I am getting 3k+ valor and 100+ comms.

Just FYI before they patch it.

-BD

Idk what planet of BS you're living on son.

Whenever I get 8 medals and I've been active in the playing field I get 97 warzone commendations EACH EFFING TIME.

But you don't get 97 comms if you lose or been inactive in battle. Which means either dps or heal more. And do more objectives. If you just medal farm till 8 and then go afk the system isn't going to pat you on the back.

Also, 8 medals + a win = never below 70 commendations. Why? Because I said so. Go ask around a bit, you'll see.

Idk what planet of BS you're living on son.

Whenever I get 8 medals and I've been active in the playing field I get 97 warzone commendations EACH EFFING TIME.

But you don't get 97 comms if you lose or been inactive in battle. Which means either dps or heal more. And do more objectives. If you just medal farm till 8 and then go afk the system isn't going to pat you on the back.

Also, 8 medals + a win = never below 70 commendations. Why? Because I said so. Go ask around a bit, you'll see.

BS. I got 16 Medals for 3 min Voidstar win and only got 61 comms

BS. I got 16 Medals for 3 min Voidstar win and only got 61 comms

This isn't BS, the one win I had in my 10 warzones I played today (1 of 2 that wasn't 3v8) I actually had this happen to me, though because I lost so much today I assumed it was from winning, not comms. I received 3400 valor or so and 112 comms.

Doubtful it's my imagination, i'll get screenies.

It's not your imagination, I said the same thing to a guildy the other night.

If it's capped at 8 and I am getting 80-90 coms, how come when i m getting many more medals am I getting 100 coms?

Sorry, it's yet another awesom fail by BW.

Edited by Pvpingwithnoobs

I don't think anyone really knows how the medals work right now.

Here's a screenshot of an 18 medal win that only awarded me 63 commendations.

http://postimage.org/image/fug39yklx/

Btw, when the game tells you that you won a 3 minute voidstar, it means it only took you 3 minutes to best the opponents progress (ie, it took them the full timer and didn't pass the first door, and you broke the first door in 3 minutes and the game ended, it's called a 3 minute voidstar win)

Why would you complain? Pre-1.2 we could get 100+ comms and we're not getting any more than than then, do you want the winning rewards nerfed as well as the losing?

they have been. credit rewards for winning are barely 50% of what they were pre 1.2

and commendation rewards are down as well. a win was almost always a guarenteed 90-100 comms. now its 70-100

not sure why bioware "fixed" this, it was not broken. in tandem with an increase to all PvP vendor items prices, it makes even less sense

I don't think anyone really knows how the medals work right now.

Here's a screenshot of an 18 medal win that only awarded me 63 commendations.

http://postimage.org/image/fug39yklx/

Btw, when the game tells you that you won a 3 minute voidstar, it means it only took you 3 minutes to best the opponents progress (ie, it took them the full timer and didn't pass the first door, and you broke the first door in 3 minutes and the game ended, it's called a 3 minute voidstar win)

You probably didn't get the bonus for the fast win because it took you more than 10 min to get victory. Nevermind that the only way to get a faster victory would be to let the other team get to the datacore in say 4 min and for you to better their time.

Edited by HelinCarnate

Based on Bioware:

1. Max 8 medals

2. Bonus for winning

3. Bonus for winning fast

If 3 is really high, it will affect 1, and some warzones are easier to get medals in than others.

Right, they did the bonus medals for winning fast so that people were not screwed out of rewards on a fast win. Otherwise, half the team in a 3 min huttball match that blew away their opponents would get no rewards.

Let's say you defend for 7 minutes and didn't give up a point in Voidstar and blow the door in 30 seconds. You'll get like 60-70 comms even though you can easily have 15+ medals.

However, this is because the game took only half of the time compared to a normal 15 minutes WZ. Since you pretty much can't get more than 100 comm per WZ, at 60-70 per 7.5 minutes is about 120-140 in 15 minutes, so it's still better than dragging the game out. Note that even if you lose the next game in 7.5 minutes, if you have 8 medals that's 40 comms (not easy but not hard) so you'd have 100-110 comms for a 7.5 minute win + 7.5 minute loss compared to max 100 comms for a 15 minute win, so this is still a good deal.

Edited by Astarica

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.