Cost of ripping out mods

Oromis

I just wanted to get a general reaction from yall, what do yall think of the current cost it takes to rip mods out of gear?

I for one find it horribly high and unnecessary. To rip all the mods out of one single BM piece comes to 150k+, and to do that for a whole set is just way too much money for me currently. I want to customize my gear with unique looks and augmented gear but i cant because i cant afford to take the mods out of my current gear. Does anyone else share the same concerns?

I dont even see the point to charging us to rip out mods. Is there some reason they have it in the first place?

Anyways, thoughts?

They should've given one week or something for people to switch around mods for free to the gear they want so they look how they want. For a patch emphasizing on customization, everyone still looks the same (e.g. still wearing their battlemaster/rakata gear). The pricing are ridiculous but then again, it's all just a money sink so people actually go do the dailies.

Definitely very expensive, but it's always been that way. It's annoying and I wish it were less, but at least now, the cost feels somewhat worth it because you re getting to customize your entire appearance alongside having the best gear possible.

Not only is ripping mods out expensive but on my server augmented oranges on the gtn are going for 400k-800k a pop.

I'm slowly raising prices, I must admit. I started at 20k. Tried 50k, could get that. Tried 70k, sold it. No reason really not to keep raising prices until I can't find buyers anymore; that's how an economy works.

That said, I am selling certain more common augmented oranges for much cheaper (30 - 40k range) and will throw a cheap one in here and there so people who can't afford it will at least have a chance to jump on it if they're paying attention enough.

Not only is ripping mods out expensive but on my server augmented oranges on the gtn are going for 400k-800k a pop.

Well thats sounds what I expected, although I would have to ask a much higher price myself. On my server BCAs are 150000 a pop, and I need three to make even one orange lightsaber, let alone a critted one.. Who would buy an orange saber without an augment slot? That money leading up to a crit saber feels like wasted.

Ive yet to make even one saber with an augment slot. But Ive only ever had BCAs for maybe 3 sabers. :S

Edited by Karkais

I am actually going to chime in on the pro side of the cost. Unfortunately, I will cite another Star Wars MMO, which is deceased, where there were NO credit dumps in game. To repair was at the most 5k credits. And that was really it. At one time, armor degraded in combat, and eventually required replacing, so people would grind the credits and then buy new weapons and armor. It was a fantastic economy.

Any ECON 101 Professor will tell you that supply and demand is only part of the equation. There needs to be something to keep costs low, and that becomes the value of credits. In the above scenerio, crafters sat on extremely large stacks of cash, and could then, in turn charge or pay whatever they wanted.

Eventually the community overwhelmed the developers, and the degrading armor and weapons was removed from game. The result, yes, quests give at most 10k credits, but since people were rarely spending ANY credits, prices began to rise quickly.

Someone offered me an extremely rare lightsaber crystal, for 500 million. I considered it for weeks before ultimately passing on the deal.

The credits dumps in this game ARE PAINFUL! But although it is breaking us, and I for one am moving mods around too, it is extremely necessary.

The cost of speeder training, or training in general, the cost of mod removal, etc, all are keeping prices low because it emphasizes the value of the credit.

This is essentially inflation proof. If I sold a BoE Rakata piece for X credits, then in theory, the next step up from Rakata BoE should cost X times 2. Eventually these numbers will get out of hand.

People aren't sitting on hundreds of millions of credits. The have to pay repairs, and swap mods, and dump credits like we do. Therefor, when they place an item on the GTN, regardless of its rarity...the inflation is managable.

To the OP and everyone else, man do I feel your pain. But it does serve the greater good.

If you can get past the cancer of your checkbook.

Cheers.

Thank you for your insight. I understand what you are saying and it makes since for them, this is one of the only games ive played so far where items dont cost millions of credits a piece. That said, i still wish it was cheaper to rip out mods haha.

The crafting stations should let you do it for free if you ask me. Otherwise, whats the point of the crafting stations?

Or at least at a very reduced cost.

Yes i agree with this. I thought that was the point of the crafting stations originally, and then i found they do nothing.

Simple Answer:Credit Sink...

.. pretty much like everything in our ' Legacy ' menu.. ! Its how you keep subs going longer then they normally would.. They spend all their time grinding credits so they can buy crap.. an then get bored a bit slower .. /shrugs some people love it just to be completionists..