All of these reward/afk issues could have been fixed so easily...

Bocherel

Bioware wanted to stop AFKer and leaver in WZ.

Thanks to BW genius system we got the exact opposite, they created issues that WERE NOT even there pre 1.2.

I see some people happy about the reward system, claiming we now have to makes effort to fully be rewarded.

But remember, this was not even the goal of BW, all of this was made in a unique goal : stopping lazy people, leaver and AFKer. Regardless, NOBODY ever complained about loser getting "too much reward" before the patch, it just seem to be the new cool things to do : being a contrarian for no reason.

Whatever, I don't know why BW went this way when it could have been fixed so easily :

- Add a debuff preventing you from going into a WZ for 10mn if you leave.

- Allow players to "vote" to kick an AFK out of the WZ, if that person does not answer the call within 30sec then he is kicked and get the debuff.

Seriously, it works for other game, the community suggested that already, why don't you listen the good advice instead BW ?

That would have been a good addition to the pre-1.2 PvP reward system and easy to implement. But no, BW had to waste the engineering hours to produce some *feature* that nobody called for, and many hates.

Thanks to BW genius system we got the exact opposite, they created issues that WERE NOT even there pre 1.2.

I see some people happy about the reward system, claiming we now have to makes effort to fully be rewarded.

But remember, this was not even the goal of BW, all of this was made in a unique goal : stopping lazy people, leaver and AFKer. Regardless, NOBODY ever complained about loser getting "too much reward" before the patch, it just seem to be the new cool things to do : being a contrarian for no reason.

Whatever, I don't know why BW went this way when it could have been fixed so easily :

- Allow players to "vote" to kick an AFK out of the WZ, if that person does not answer the call within 30sec then he is kicked and get the debuff.

Seriously, it works for other game, the community suggested that already, why don't you listen the good advice instead BW ?

Q.Q cause you can't medal farm win or lose for 3k?

Im glad bioware did this, ever since 1.2 i haven't seen people wondering off like idiots, people are actually doing the war zone objectives!!! look at that.

L2p Thanks.

Im glad bioware did this, ever since 1.2 i haven't seen people wondering off like idiots, people are actually doing the war zone objectives!!! look at that.

L2p Thanks.

totally out of topic, thanks for trying

and no, people are not playing the objective, they are too busy leaving the wz

Exactly, this is a good change, if you want rewards you need to work for them. We already get easy BM gear, least we can do is play few games for each piece.

Also, ever since the patch I actually noticed people trying and doing objectives instead of usual HKs farm fest or afking.

How is that off topic?

how is that on topic?

I am talking about preventing people from being lazy, leaving the WZ or AFK and the new issues the patch created.

I provide two ideas to fix the actual issue and the guy went on talking about QQing for not farming enough medals and all.

100% out of topic.

People will still leave with a deserter debuff if staying means no reward at all.

Right now- staying in a lost game means zero reward.

Why would anyone waste time to both not have fun and get nothing out of it?

how is that on topic?

I am talking about preventing people from being lazy, leaving the WZ or AFK and the new issues the patch created.

I provide two ideas to fix the actual issue and the guy went on talking about QQing for not farming enough medals and all.

100% out of topic.

Don't worry m8 the eSports pros are all over the forums today with "QQ" and "L2P". Most people see this for the mistake it is.

Not one single person. NOT ONE ever said...'gee reward for losing are too high... fix this bw!"

Exactly, this is a good change, if you want rewards you need to work for them. We already get easy BM gear, least we can do is play few games for each piece.

Also, ever since the patch I actually noticed people trying and doing objectives instead of usual HKs farm fest or afking.

I swear, people over there don't have the intelligence or patience to read an entire thread, I should have stick to the two bottom line.

People are leaving WZ en mass, would you tell me how this is a good change? You don't get a chance to play when you start losing because your team just leave.

If we prevent them to leave they will do their best to work for the objective and win the WZ instead.

If they leaving WZs it will take them even longer to get the gear, that's their choice.

Are you dense? When people leave it effectively ruins the match for people who are there working hard.

It doesn't take that much to understand in all honesty. People leaving = losses = more treadmill for good players who get stuck = no fun = lost subs = you sitting in front of the pvp terminal wondering why you can't get a match.

L2p Thanks.

No they don't, they leave when it looks like a loss 1 min after start.

Are you dense? When people leave it effectively ruins the match for people who are there working hard.

It doesn't take that much to understand in all honesty. People leaving = losses = more treadmill for good players who get stuck = no fun = lost subs = you sitting in front of the pvp terminal wondering why you can't get a match.

Yes he is.

People will still leave with a deserter debuff if staying means no reward at all.

Right now- staying in a lost game means zero reward.

Why would anyone waste time to both not have fun and get nothing out of it?

Obviously this system is meant to replace the actual "no reward" system. So I believe this wouldn't be an issue.

L2p Thanks.

1.2 is the BIRTH of Medal farming not the death of it.

Medals cap at EIGHT now and each one is worth FIVE commendations, compared to pre-1.2 where they capped at FOUR and were worth TEN commendations, so by actually playing the objective you'd miss out on many of the medals.

Want to run ball in huttball? Forget about it. You'd miss out on healing, damage and defensive medals.

Want to guard a turret? Forget about it. You'd miss out on healing, damage, and offensive medals.

etc.

I rather cut my loses and just farm medals now so I get some credit rather than no credit.

I tried playing the objectives and got 0 or 30 commendations for losing. I tired healing and got 0 commendations for losing.

These complaints are valid. No one, is as you say, "Q.Q"ing.

I farm my medals then if there is still time left I play the objective. ...and there never is.

Edited by Catholicc

1.2 is the BIRTH of Medal farming not the death of it.

Medals cap at EIGHT now and each one is worth FIVE commendations, compared to pre-1.2 where they capped at FOUR and were worth TEN commendations, so by actually playing the objective you'd miss out on many of the medals.

Want to run ball in huttball? Forget about it. You'd miss out on healing, damage and defensive medals.

Want to guard a turret? Forget about it. You'd miss out on healing, damage, and offensive medals.

etc.

I rather cut my loses and just farm medals now so I get some credit rather than no credit.

I tried playing the objectives and got 0 or 30 commendations for losing. I tired healing and got 0 commendations for losing.

These complaints are valid. No one, is as you say, "Q.Q"ing.

Thank you for spelling it out for this guy. I honestly couldn't be bothered any more. A lot of tools around here, and they'll label you a whiner if you disagree with changes, great community.

Don't worry m8 the eSports pros are all over the forums today with "QQ" and "L2P". Most people see this for the mistake it is.

Not one single person. NOT ONE ever said...'gee reward for losing are too high... fix this bw!"

Yes it's pretty sad when some people spit on others people fun just because they don't encounter the issue.

It will soon become one for them too when they won't be able queue up for WZ because it lacks player or when they will always face another premade over & over which mean much more loss for them.

That being said, I only wrote that in the hope people would focus on the suggested point instead of the actual debate that we can find on others threads.

Yes it's pretty sad when some people spit on others people fun just because they don't encounter the issue.

It will soon become one for them too when they won't be able queue up for WZ because it lacks player or when they will always face another premade over & over which mean much more loss for them.

That being said, I only wrote that in the hope people would focus on the suggested point instead of the actual debate that we can find on others threads.

Yea its a shame that people don't try to understand the bigger picture instead of just saying its good, cause they are winning, even though its clear that their opponents is at a disadvantage etc.

There's actually a vote afk feature in game already.

Really? I will check, thanks for the info because I didn't see it before.

But it has no purpose anyway, people are leaving now, not AFKing :(

Edited by Bocherel

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.