sent attributes.

cIear

So my question is pretty straight forward.

What are the stats that are most beneficial or are better for my sentinel?

I know +strength is main.

+endurance is a given for anyone.

So my questions are, which of these do i need, and whic of these should i not pay attention to as a JK dps.

- crit

- defense

- power

- absorption

theres a few more i think.

if you can tell me what i need or what i dont need then that would help or even point me to an already existing thread that has this info for us sents since i know its probably been asked a billion times.

thx

First of all;

Crit, Surge and Power affect your damage.

Accuracy helps you hit targets (though I do not know the cap here, don't miss with 98% though).

Absorb and Defense are useless for you.

Now it gets a little bit more complicated;

Power raises the dmg of all your attacks. Crit increases the chance for you to crit whereas Surge gives critical hit dmg an increased modifier (base is 50% so with a little bit of Surge you'd do 60% more dmg when you crit for example).

However, both Surge and Crit are heavily affected by DR, meaining they lose value the more you get. While you'd easily get 10% + Surge with only a few points you will need an insane amount of Surge to get from 75% to 80% for example. Same goes for Crit just with lower values.

Ultimately if you don't want to think about it too much... stack crit to 30% chance unbuffed, stack Surge afterwards to 70%, get Acc. up a bit (you will anyhow due to itemization and DR) and then just go all out in power.

Usual disclaimer: I do zero PvP, only PvE.

Until we start seeing some effects of the new Combat Log, it is impossible to know everything 100% certain, but...

You're right about Strength, Endurance is nice but I wouldn't trade power or crit for endurance. What you definitely DON'T want is: Shield, Absorption or Defense. Since we are a dps-only class the best idea is to stick with what you're good at. For increased survivability get used to Rebuke, Saber Ward and Medpacks =)

What we DO enjoy is: Power, Crit and Surge (maybe accuracy? ask a Combat-spec Sentinel). Depending on your level and specification, which ones are best may vary (and honestly I can't tell you for sure).

One thing to note is that all Sentinel classes have something that makes them automatically critical on something. In the focus tree it is Force Sweep, your main dmg. So for focus tree I would take as little crit as possible (again, your main main main damage criticals automatically) and focus on surge to get to 75% (80 maybe) and the rest power.

That was also my thoughts for the other trees but I am Watchman spec'd and since the only thing that criticals is 6 ticks of our burns every 30 seconds or so, I have been looking into getting more crit (to 30% about).

I believe Combat tree's main damaging force (Blade Rush or Blade Slash or something?) also auto crits. (I could be wrong, never played combat) I have heard they like Accuracy whereas I detest it (they like it for increased chance to hit on their offhand attacks). But "special attacks" have 100%+ accuracy so I generally avoid this stat as much as possible.

So, in review, stay away from defensive based stats like defense, shield, absorb. Get a ton of power and surge and some crit as well. It's generally best to spread them around a bit as surge and crit have diminishing returns.

Oh and search the forums for Jedi Sentinel - A Primer...it saved my swtor life =) It used to be stickied and should be again. Last tip: Take everything with a grain of salt (including this). Most suggestions are just suggestions based on experience. If someone tells you something you DEFINITELY MUST DO, they are likely too closed-minded to be shelling out advice. Use your own judgement and if you feel your dps is starting to fall flat, try out something else.

hehe if they gave awards for the longest posts I think I'd be near the top