Question about "Defensive Forms"

Aethyriel

this talent right here;

Builds [1 / 2] Fury when attacked. This effect cannot occur more than once every 1.5 seconds. Additionally improves the effect of your lightsaber forms while they are active:

Shii-Cho Form: Further increases damage reduction by [1 / 2]%.

Juyo Form: Reduces internal and elemental damage taken by [2 / 4]%.

Ataru Form: Increases your movement speed by [7.5 / 15]%.

Does the first part mean you only get 1-2 fury when you get attacked in melee or does any dmg provide you with fury. In PVE situations there is enough unavoidable dmg to build fury on but I'm not sure if it works. Could anyone clarify this for me?

If I recall correctly, you are able to put two points in that. The first number is with one point and the second is what the value would be with two points. I also think that it is any damage taken (melee, ranged, tech, etc) that will build rage. Edited by AllThatJhazz

If I recall correctly, you are able to put two points in that. The first number is with one point and the second is what the value would be with two points. I also think that it is any damage taken (melee, ranged, tech, etc) that will build rage.

yeah i know it is either one or two depending on points spent, it builds fury though, not rage.

Thing is basically - either take this and have a slight dps increase (if it in fact does build fury when damaged and not just directly attacked) + the ae dmg reduction from Defensive Roll or go into rage for 4% extra force crit (not that awesome with anni spec as it only affects bleeds if at all and you already have a very high crit chance due to juyo form) + 15% crit for the rage dumper VS.

Though I think any form of dmg reduction for melee will be needed on new HC/NM content (not even seen story mode yet, first raid this ID tomorrow).

yeah i know it is either one or two depending on points spent, it builds fury though, not rage.

Thing is basically - either take this and have a slight dps increase (if it in fact does build fury when damaged and not just directly attacked) + the ae dmg reduction from Defensive Roll or go into rage for 4% extra force crit (not that awesome with anni spec as it only affects bleeds if at all and you already have a very high crit chance due to juyo form) + 15% crit for the rage dumper VS.

Though I think any form of dmg reduction for melee will be needed on new HC/NM content (not even seen story mode yet, first raid this ID tomorrow).

I can answer your question definitively. Yes, it DOES build that Fury whenever you take ANY damage. If someone lays a DoT on me and I manage to get away, my fury will still be ticking up as I run due to the DoT. Same thing with AoE.

I can answer your question definitively. Yes, it DOES build that Fury whenever you take ANY damage. If someone lays a DoT on me and I manage to get away, my fury will still be ticking up as I run due to the DoT. Same thing with AoE.

Thank you very much.