Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

For the love of god change tracer missle animation

Gojigrant

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am agreeing that Fusion and Tracer animation should be switched ONLY if the current Fusion Animation removes the targeting reticle as it is a dead give away.

would take out the natural sense of switching fusion missile for tracer missile

Animation damn suck, i tired standing with pose and spam spam spam.. change build to pyro, now i'm happy... Not really happy, in 1-1 pvp merc still suck.

Replace animation with Fusion missiles and everobody gonna happy.

Edited by Mamm

AGREED.

I think this spell animation should be changed, particularly since it's a large portion of the Merc's rotation.

Short list of why:

- FUNCTION - (of course it's a game) buuut, it makes way more sense to make that specific animation on a 2 min CD (or similiar) due to the function of it's firing method. *rocket mounted on back, seems more likely to take time to reload*

- APPEARANCE - IT IS a frequently spammed spell and it is certainly not very cool to constantly be bending over to be "combat potent".

- LEGITIMATE NUISANCE - A large majority have already agreed it's not a deal breaker while playing the class, but certainly would be nice to have changed. A survey or vote could further legitimize the "need" to re-develop or alter the animation.

My question to Bioware: As a moderate player, typically not involved with the request process for this type of thing. How could I best make the development team aware enough to warrant consideration? If simply a submission ticket, is there a method that could involve a public "vote" so as to track Dev attention better?

Thanks

• 4 months later...

They took the OP tree (Arsenal) and made their animation faster, while also taking the weakers class (Pyro) and made their animation slower... SO, basically, Arsenal looks better and does more damage now and Pyro looks like their taking a dump and does even less damage over time...

BIOWARE ****ed up here... Looks like all the people who were recommending the change were the OP Arsenal guys??? I used to play a pyro until 1.2 forced me to suspend my acct and I can tell u they never asked my advice.

I have a guildy who has crashed over 100 times since he got in EGA on Wednesday. Would I like there to be an animation change? Sure, but there are far more important things I'd like them to fix first.

I was suffering this until I rig ht clicked on the .exe and selected properties, compatibility, and chose run as xp service pack 3

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.