Kinetic Ward worth it for pvp?

Azesino

Isnt shield the best offhand for a 31-0-10 spec in pvp?

its debatable, some like a focus for more damage, some like shield for more survivability. I use I shield personally, im never gonna be a dps monster on my tank, but with a healer, I can go an entire round without dying, which goes a long way in protecting cap points in voidstar and such.

You cant go wrong either way

as far as kinetiic ward, it helps against snipers, and other melee that do some kinetic damage swings. It does nothing against force and tech powers. Still pisses off the snipers though

Edited by rothchilds

its debatable, some like a focus for more damage, some like shield for more survivability. I use I shield personally, im never gonna be a dps monster on my tank, but with a healer, I can go an entire round without dying, which goes a long way in protecting cap points in voidstar and such.

You cant go wrong either way

as far as kinetiic ward, it helps against snipers, and other melee that do some kinetic damage swings. It does nothing against force and tech powers. Still pisses off the snipers though

This.

Isnt shield the best offhand for a 31-0-10 spec in pvp?

I think most play this build without a shield, mainly as a tough DPS class, not worrieng too much about shielding others. And even though I use currently a shield, I didn't wasted a point for kinetic ward (Have no issue getting the 10k protection in one life medal and the 50k are also not a problem).

Edited by Drudenfusz

I think most play this build without a shield, mainly as a tough DPS class, not worrieng too much about shielding others. And even though I use currently a shield, I didn't wasted a point for kinetic ward (Have no issue getting the 10k protection in one life medal and the 50k are also not a problem).

Why would you use a shield without kinetic ward? That seems like a waste of a slot. Your protection score has nothing to do with having a shield or not, as damage taken from guarding is mitigated by your guard targets' defensive stats, not yours. If you have a shield, take kinetic ward. If you have a focus, don't take kinetic ward.

Personally I run a 50-50ish DPS/Tank split on gear, as I tend to play more defensively than most KC shadows (I specialize in defending points and protecting my healers/dps). However I also run occasional operations so I definitely need kinetic ward.

I use it in my pvp only kinetic shadow and love it!

Its cheap, cooldown is a non-factor and is another feature that adds to your survivability when paired with a shield. Can be set up before breaking stealth as to not interrupt your rotations :)

my main (juggy) only has a 12 sec saber ward that is on a 3min cooldown - not the most useful :/