The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Vanguard Skill tree

R_Ames

Hey so i have a lvl 11 vanguard so far im likeing it and have a few points in the tactis tree. i played a few wz's yesterday and i have to say i was impressed. iam just wondering is tactics the best for most dmg and pvp? any help would be great thanks

Hey so i have a lvl 11 vanguard so far im likeing it and have a few points in the tactis tree. i played a few wz's yesterday and i have to say i was impressed. iam just wondering is tactics the best for most dmg and pvp? any help would be great thanks

Don't overlook the power of Shield Spec. A lot of people see it tagged with "Defense" & Tank and immediately think it wouldn't be good for PvP or leveling.

You gain the survival of Ion Cell & a Shield while beefing up your High Impact Bolt & Stockstrike damage which are your 2 primary abilities.

You get a second gap closer once you reach level 30 by picking up Storm which is a VERY powerful utility in PvP.

While leveling I found that using a DPS Hybrid version of the Shield Spec tree was amazing for PvE leveling and for PvP.

Here's how I specced while leveling. I would go up the tree just like this until your 32 then branch into the tactics tree moving forward.

I would ask anyone considering to level a vanguard to take a close look at the talents I've chosen to see the survival / damage potential that SWTOR offers us. :)

P.S. I used this build while leveling and often got highest damage done. (More time alive is more time killing enemies.)

ya looking at it i said well i dont want to be a tank i want to be dps i will try out the shield spec but i have a question should i put my first few points in focused impact it seems like it would help

ya looking at it i said well i dont want to be a tank i want to be dps i will try out the shield spec but i have a question should i put my first few points in focused impact it seems like it would help

You could, but that would mean you have to wait 3 more levels to unlock all of the other great talents and more importantly Storm.

ya looking at it i said well i dont want to be a tank i want to be dps i will try out the shield spec
There is a trade off. If you run with Plasma Cell or High Energy Cell, your dps will be higher. If you use Ion Cell, you get a LOT more protection (including 60% bonus to armor) and you can use guard, but your dps will be quite a bit less. You will die a lot less (and less quickly) with Ion Cell.

If you are using Ion Cell, the assault tree becomes less useful (since it relies primarily on Plasma Cell). You can use the shield tree and a lot of the tactics tree with Ion Cell.

For DPS, Assault with Plasma Cell is very good for damage since you can proc free High Impact Bolts regularly by using Shockstrike and Ion Pulse.

Edited by sjmc

wow thank you guys awesome tips ill take them all into consideration i figure if i stay alive longer i can keep on killing so sounds like ill go with the shield tree and use ion cell ill try that out and see how it is still wondering about other stats tho should i use defense rating since ill be using the shield spec?