What's the best use of Railshot?

AlkalineKitten

For Powertech, there's a talent on Tier 2 which makes Rocket Punch a guaranteed proc of Ion Gas Cylinder. That coupled with talents that increase the duration of the DoT of the Cylinder means you can pretty much always use it whenever it's off CD.

I'm unsure about how useful it is for Mercenaries, but judging b the amount of attacks they do with skills such as Unload, I'm guessing whichever Gas Cylinder they use procs quite often.

Edited by DarthCarrot

Rail shot is one the the most damaging abilities A PT have in his arsenal, you want to use it everytime it is up and as soon as you can.

Things may change and requires a specific rotation depending on your spec. Pyrotech tree makes large use of Rail shot as itss CD may be refreshed by Flame Burst/Rocket punch usage.

Edited by atreyuz

You will use it every time it is available. At first you have to wait until combustible gas cylinder procs or until you stun them with electro dart. As you level every spec (except bodyguard) gets a way to debuff an enemy that makes them permanently vulnerable to rail shot.

They are at lvl 20 for most specs (tracer missile, incendiary missile, retractable blade and supercharged ion gas) and lvl 12 for pyrotech powertechs (due to bursting flames 100% proc chance).

Shieldtechs do technically get it a little earlier if you simply sync up uses of rocket punch and railshot however once you get supercharged gas you end up with rocket punch having a 9s cooldown and placing a 9s DoT on the target.

If you're doing Advanced Prototype your most effective way of proccing Rail Shot is to use your Retractable Blade, as it has a bleed effect. Also, it's most efficient to only use it when you have the crit buff because of it's lengthy cooldown and high cost.

For Pyro set your flame burst to do DOT(combustible gas cylinder) and then rail shot while they are on fire. You can then tweak it to ignore up to 30% armor while on fire doing a lot of DPS. That is just for Pyro though. I have not tried the other trees. Edited by Torothin