Cybertech - No Love

Zallon

So after searching through the patch notes and these forums and doing in game research, Cybertechs can not RE schematics for Mods or Armormods.

We can RE For Earpieces as in the past, but they become useless as the Daily gear is superior.

Vehicle can be one, except the cost of the Mats out weigh the cost of the construction, so why build it when I can sell the mats for more?

If you want a player drivin economy you have to have versitile crafting professions. This would relieve the need for the Credit Sinks you put in through Legacy.

Will a future patch give some love to the Cybertech? I have all the Columni Ear pieces and the only ones that will sell are the mastercraft which were slightly better with the augment, but 1.2 you split stats on the augments a Lvl 50 Augment +28 STR is now +18 End and +12 STR not a big advantage there.

I too am very tempted to ditch cybertech in favor of biochem, especially being a powertech with no real self-healing abilities. It would be very beneficial to not have to buy blue medpacks all the time. The grenades did get a little buff, but I'm not sure an extra 5k (two grenades usually, in an ops boss) dmg outweighs the healing factor.

It really doesn't take much time to build a skill to 400, so I suppose I could always keep the actual grenades and then switch back to cyber if it ever got better.

The only question I wonder now is if we will be able to RE the new mods in the Campaign gear and learn them, and be able to craft them. I doubt it though.

I enjoy cybertech, making the guild all its ship requirements but i do agree with you about the materials needed for crafting vehicles. Its very very heavy and your right, can make more selling materials alone than the vehicle.

on my cybertech i am currently getting purple and blue schematics from RE all the time. i dont know where you think you cant RE from.

This, reverse engineering mods and armorings works like it should be for me.. I dont understand whats the problem.

However, I have a separate problem of not getting any crits from underworld metal missions, I wonder if theres a problem with RNG or something..

are you talking about the RE of the schematics learned from trainer or high lvl mods from columi gear and stuff like that ?

from the trained one i can get blue purple with np, but from the mods/armor 23+ tha come from columi, pvp gear and so on i cant get a new schematic at all from RE

Edited by Rsanduril

About to drop it myself.

All I am is a glorified ship part maker for the guild but nobody does space missions anymore so that has dried up.

Was thinking maybe the droid parts would be good, but the market isn't large enough to make any real credits from.

Then that leaves me with the mounts, the plain, ordinary mounts. Why people would want to buy these instead of saving for something else that looks better is beyond me.

on my cybertech i am currently getting purple and blue schematics from RE all the time. i dont know where you think you cant RE from.

what kind of mods are you RE cause i swear i have RE dozens of lvl58 mods and only got green mats and i got thousands of them.

Yeah... where's the Cybertech love? I tried to RE a few 25 armorings and mods with no luck... I'd try a Rakata earpiece but those are 120 dailies a pop... What exactly do we get out of 1.2? Making current trainer attained armoring and mods seem pointless since they're given out as rewards in dailies. I think we should have gotten a piece of the augment pie... Edited by UCKFred

Has anyone put a mount up for sale on the GTN yet?

I submitted a bug report because although i have one listed in my auctions it can not be found either by clicking 'mount' or typing the name in the search field.

No mounts show at all for sale.

I submitted a bug report because although i have one listed in my auctions it can not be found either by clicking 'mount' or typing the name in the search field.

The search function on the GTN is bugged right now. If a whole category shows up with nothing, just delete a 0 from the maximum credit range and your mount will show up for sale.

I have to agree, i picked cybertech because i thought it was good for armoring and mods.

What do you know, when i hit 50 i had all my purple lvl 50 armorings and mods made and then i realize i can get the exact same ones from doing dailies...

Grenades, fun for trash mobs, but useless in ops.

Considering going synth for rakatta belt and bracers since i dont need to wait for a schematic drop like with cybertech ear pieces.

Mounts, cheap for all your low lvls, u doubt they will sell high tho on the market with all the quests now for speeders.

Nahh, i'm switching today to synth.

Are we sure that RE mods from PVP gear and Rakata ear piece from dailies will give us chance to get recipe? I scroll over it doesn't give me a %. I am hesitate to do this...anyone else?

Also, I am not sure how you guys do it. But, I really can't make money unless I sell the columni master crafted ear piece or sell mats...anyone else thoughts?

I have to admit, CT in high levels is practically wortless, save the ship mods. However, in leveling up, I have made quite a mint selling mid-low level armorings and mods, earpieces, etcc. Yes, I took the time to RE many things to be one of the best on my server with a choice of practically anything.

To tur a level 34 earpiece into 20k isn't all that hard, and the mat costis about 1k at MOST. As far as selling speeders...haven't even tried.

I read a post up above about people questing for speeders. CAn you please link, as I do collect speeders and pets in any game (mounts) and I have not yet heard of this. I missed the multimillion dollar ones for sale on the fleets, which really angers me. I feel like I lost a piece of collectibality to my account. I was gonna buy them before the patch and figured, nah, they'll be there....sure enough....nope....

Anyway, CT is a great moneymaker while ppl are leveling, not so much as ppl hit 50. Now, lets keep in mind, once you hit 50, you dont change out mods for higher level stuff, so that alone should be a tell that your not going to make much off high end stuff....just not enough demand...buy once, never needed again, whereas leveling, every 5 or so levels you need to replace all modifications. That's where the money is in CT....ppl leveling, and of course ship mods (which can get crowded quick).

I've re'd too many things to drop it now...it would be easier for me to just create an entire new character, not to mention when i take a cpl day break, the GTN literally has 1 page of armor or mods vs when I play it has about 5 pages (yes I have to list some with other toons). This was the reason I picked it up in the first place, because there were none available on the GTN. Anyway, I never looked back. *Note: I have seen a MAJOR dropoff of augments being sold....from 6 pages to half a page. I have ran a TON of slicing missions and no dice on AUG schems....even on purple "slicing" missions.

Good Luck all,

Mike

Cybertech definitely got abandoned. I can't even make any credits off Ship Upgrades, Earpieces, or Mounts right now because most people don't understand that the GTN is a screwed up, buggy mess, and they can't see what I have for sale. I've been doing all kinds of things with my Synth and Armormech characters, with Augments and crafting Augmented gear, but my Cybertech character is sort of worthless.

I made a post like this before the patch about cybertech getting no love and people just told me to stop QQing because cybertech makes sooooo much money. They completely didn't understand that I was talking about its usefulness end game, and on my sever, it doesn't really make anything because no one wants the mods or armorings, the mounts are kinda ugly, ship parts are cheap, the earpieces are not as good as what you can get from dailies...etc.

I was hoping that cybertech would get the ability to craft augments since they are a mod and that the other classes would make the augmented gear for them. However, they somehow got both the augments and the gear and we were left with nothing. I really can't find any use for my profession any more, its very frustrating.

This, reverse engineering mods and armorings works like it should be for me.. I dont understand whats the problem.

However, I have a separate problem of not getting any crits from underworld metal missions, I wonder if theres a problem with RNG or something..

No problem with critical successes on metal, fabric and gift missions, trust me.

I managed to obtain an Inheritance Construction piece on one of them, and I wasn't expecting that.

You have to specify prototype in the search field. They are there.

what kind of mods are you RE cause i swear i have RE dozens of lvl58 mods and only got green mats and i got thousands of them.

When you hover your mouse over a mod, theres tooltip saying x% chance to learn a schematic..

That said, Ive had 20% chance and it took 15 tries to get one once..

Edited by Karkais

In my experience, you can make a lot of credits from making level 15-43 earpieces. The reverse engineering did pay off.

I think that's where the income comes from; people levelling and upgrading. And there seems to be a steady demand, perhaps even a bit more now that people have returned with old characters following the patch.