Gear > Skill, Discuss.

Daecollo

I don't know how recruit gear affects it, but prior to 1.2 I walked into WZs as a fresh 50 and gave up on PvP. When I hit level50, my PvP fun was replaced by hours of grueling frustration trying to compete against people who I could barely hurt or survive against due to gear differences.

If recruit gear could help, I'd like some info on that please.

Recruit gear is totally unsuitable for healers, you need to PvE to obtain Columi/Rakata/Black Hole which will give you a tremendous boost over recruit, something like 500 aim + 400 end which clearly overcompensate the 10% healing and 12% damage reduction you'll have from Recruit.

If you don't want to PvE, I'm all with you...

Edited by JMCH

Gear decides who wins and loses now in WZs, people who exploited Ilum will win everytime because the gear differense between people is up to 60% now.

i hit 50 in feb and got my full BM last week (2 months of pvp)... i was in the 1-49 bracket during the "ilum exploit" period...

i see no reason why you couldn't have gotten your BM gear as well during that time so you could compete...

Was disappointed in recruit gear. This is a zerg fest now, and BM geared lads will win. Its a worse ROFLSTOMP than before, and people were praising 1.2 before arrival because this roflstomp would be removed, way to go BW, way to go.

On a serious note, hire some real PvP players to either participate in PvP design or provide you with serious feedback. Your own work is horrible at best.

I don't know how recruit gear affects it, but prior to 1.2 I walked into WZs as a fresh 50 and gave up on PvP. When I hit level50, my PvP fun was replaced by hours of grueling frustration trying to compete against people who I could barely hurt or survive against due to gear differences.

If recruit gear could help, I'd like some info on that please.

http://dulfy.net/2012/03/22/pvp-gearing-in-1-2/

expertise is the main determining factor now...

300k for a full suit of recruit gear gives you 900 expertise...

it's not the best, but it's a stepping stone, only 250 expertise less than BM...

and in 1.2, BM gear is easier than ever to get now...

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=3946162#post3946162

buy recruit gear.

The gear gap between fresh 50s and max characters are really not that big anymore.

Wow, sounds like someone who hasn't played a pvp warzone in a while. BM gear got updated. They still have 18k+ hp to your 12K+ hp, how is a ~50% HP difference not that big? That's not even touching on the damage and stat difference. Have you compared the stats of BM gear to Rakata? A lot of those pieces are still very close stat wise.

it's not the best, but it's a stepping stone, only 250 expertise less than BM...

The problem is BM gear is giving you extra few percentage but a huge increase in main stat and health. The gap is completly and utterly insane actually, bigger than the gap was between Cent ---> BM used to be in the old system due to how hard people are hitting now (my GRD alt is sitting on 5k less HP than my Jugg. Recruit Vs ful BM...)

Things will not balance out properly until everyone is BM and then its the marginal gap between BM & WH we saw between BM & Champ previously.

Edited by AKfourtyseven

i hit 50 in feb and got my full BM last week (2 months of pvp)... i was in the 1-49 bracket during the "ilum exploit" period...

i see no reason why you couldn't have gotten your BM gear as well during that time so you could compete...

I see one main reason : we are not bound to have 1 and only 1 char.

I've a rank 66 juggernaut, but my merc was just rank 55 the day 1.2 has been deployed, so she doesn't have BM gear and as it is now she's not going to ever have more than the blasters, at most considering expertise is a joke on healers now.

I have other, non-50, chars, too, and the issue is exactly the same for them, except I didn't play them in warzones to see if the dps fest is there too, too low a reward for it to be worth.

Edited by JMCH

Like someone els pointed out: while expertise is ''close'' main stats are FAR off = roflstomp.

Shouldn't take too long to get BM gear, given you are on an equal faction server which I guess 50% or more isnt. And since Losses doesnt yield a lot of WZ commendations its kinda crap.

The poor will stay poor.

Was disappointed in recruit gear. This is a zerg fest now, and BM geared lads will win. Its a worse ROFLSTOMP than before, and people were praising 1.2 before arrival because this roflstomp would be removed, way to go BW, way to go.

On a serious note, hire some real PvP players to either participate in PvP design or provide you with serious feedback. Your own work is horrible at best.

I can agree with you that the way to get BM and WH gear is completely retarded it's a big grind fest and whoever has the most time to play gets the gear first.

Although i do not agree, that Recruit gear is a joke. It's Recruit gear and you can buy it for a minor amount of credits. How would you feel if someone with equal skill in recruit gear could own you when you are in full BM, thats a part of MMOs the possibility to completely outclass someone.

Rated Warzones would solve this imbalance problem. You would fight VS. people on your rating which means they are also around your gear lvl. There is still the possibility for bad players to end up with full BM on low ratings or for a skilled recruit geared one to be on higher ratings but those will be the exceptions.

The problem is BM gear is giving you extra few percentage but a huge increase in main stat and health. The gap is completly and utterly insane actually, bigger than the gap was between Cent ---> BM used to be in the old system due to how hard people are hitting now (my GRD alt is sitting on 5k less HP than my Jugg. Recruit Vs ful BM...)

Things will not balance out properly until everyone is BM and then its the marginal gap between BM & WH we saw between BM & Champ previously.

i'm a sniper... i know all about gear differences... we are affected huge by this when we hit 50... i'm not going to deny it sucks cuz it does but i got through it...

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=335860

right now, it's not impossible to get BM gear... it's even easier without the RNG...

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=411231

simple fix

remove all existing pvp gear from game.

load everyone into WZ with equivalent gear.

Let skill reign supreme

Teamwork wins matches

smiles everywhere

provide epeen through anecdotal data. wins, losses, KB's, kills, healing, objectives etc.

Although i do not agree, that Recruit gear is a joke. It's Recruit gear and you can buy it for a minor amount of credits. How would you feel if someone with equal skill in recruit gear could own you when you are in full BM, thats a part of MMOs the possibility to completely outclass someone.

1.1.5, you had relatively better in less than 1 week pvp missions.

14 bags from the dailies.

6 bags from the weeklies.

2 to 3 bags from WZ comms rewards (at 100 comms a run winning and losing, accounting for the medpacs used, I think it's reasonable to consider we could then obtain 1600~2400 a week).

Total is 23 bags, with 15 Centurion commendations and 7 Champion commendations each, or 345/161.

161 Champion commendations was almost enough to get the 3 main armor pieces.

345 Centurion commendations was enough for the remaining pieces.

At the time, the expertise gap was similar between Centurion and BM as it is now between Recruit and BM, Centurion stats were similar to Recruit, too.

All in all, it was WAY easier pre-patch because there was an intermediate set you could buy at least some parts before being able to even try to have BM.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.