Anyone else?

xmercxrayx

I personally find this policy to be unfair! My wife and I both have high level 40 Rep players on a very low population server (directly related to the server queueing upon game release). About a month ago, we started over on one of the top 5 population servers to increase our social interaction and so that I did not have to wait more than an hour for a PVP game.

We now have multiple level 30 Imp characters on this new server but were awaiting the character transfer process before returning to our higher level Alts on the other server and now this decision is going to cost us 30 free days of play?

Why isn't this reward based upon overall playtime or total levels across all characters. I generally defend most of BW's decisions, but this one is simply UNFAIR.

A SPECIAL GIFT FOR OUR LEVEL 50 PLAYERS – 30 DAYS OF PLAY TIME ON US!

As a thanks for being one of our most valued players, every active account with a Level 50 character as of April 12th, 2012 at 12:00PM CDT / 5:00PM GMT, will receive thirty (30) days of game time** in appreciation for your support and loyalty.

In order to receive your thirty (30) days of game time, you must meet the following requirements by April 12th, 2012, at 12:00PM CDT / 5:00PM GMT:

•You must have purchased the game and redeemed an official Game Product Registration Code at the Code Redemption Center.

•You must have signed up for a recurring subscription using a valid payment method OR redeemed a Game Time Code.

•You must have at least one level 50 character.

•Your account must not be banned.

I agree with you. I find it pretty darned unfair to folks that have been playing (and paying) for the game loyally. The rewards should NOT be tied to levels. I find it a bit surprising actually with BioWare's emphasis on alts, stories, etc. Although I have two level 50 characters, I feel strongly that this offer should be extended to ALL paying customers.

Bad move by BioWare and they really need to reconsider this decision.

One edit: I did read the announcement and am okay with it. Also good that they are giving a grace period to reach legacy 6. Perhaps in retrospect, not a bad move.

Edited by Florial

BW said ... we want to give a free month to accounts with lvl 50 char.

What da hell is YOUR problem?

It's THEIR game, they are free to give free time to ANYONE they want. It's not FAIR or UNFAIR ... It's just what it is.

I bet you gave your wife/husband/kids money ... Would you like if your neighbors came to you and demand the same amount from you? What grounds would you have to refuse them? because a girl lvled to be your wife? Well, that's not fair ... not everyone can BE your wife ... so you HAVE to support your neighbors and their kids as well ...

Even better idea ... Your government gave hundreds of billions of YOUR (tax payer) money to banks ... that are TOO BIG TO FAIL ... Why don't you write on government's forums asking to give YOU money ... or do you consider yourself small enough to fail?

Anyways, it's their game and they are free to give anything they want to anyone.

It's a bad precedent for Bioware to set. It is essentially rewarding one syle of play over another. There are many valid reasons why a subscriber cannot meet the criteria for the free 30 days, even though they have had an active subsciption since release.

A subscription is a subscription. Why is one player's money worth more to BW than another's? The cliched term of "its my $15, I can play the way I choose" is one of the draws of open ended MMORPGs. This is negated if the provider rewards certian chosen playstyles over others.

BW said ... we want to give a free month to accounts with lvl 50 char.

What da hell is YOUR problem?

It's THEIR game, they are free to give free time to ANYONE they want. It's not FAIR or UNFAIR ... It's just what it is.

I bet you gave your wife/husband/kids money ... Would you like if your neighbors came to you and demand the same amount from you? What grounds would you have to refuse them? because a girl lvled to be your wife? Well, that's not fair ... not everyone can BE your wife ... so you HAVE to support your neighbors and their kids as well ...

Even better idea ... Your government gave hundreds of billions of YOUR (tax payer) money to banks ... that are TOO BIG TO FAIL ... Why don't you write on government's forums asking to give YOU money ... or do you consider yourself small enough to fail?

Anyways, it's their game and they are free to give anything they want to anyone.

Please name another MMO...or situation in life...where loyalty is rewarded by who's the highest level and not subscription time.

Edited by Skoobie