12 Medals, 2 scores, 5 kills on carrier = 40 comms?

RyanEclipse

Radical. Now not only do I get punished for the low republic population and lack of teamwork, but I also get bashed on a decent round on my end *thumbs up*

PS: All of you guys who don't think you should be rewarded even marginally for losing; your point is moot considered I can't choose my 8 teammates.

/rant

Radical. Now not only do I get punished for the low republic population and lack of teamwork, but I also get bashed on a decent round on my end *thumbs up*

PS: All of you guys who don't think you should be rewarded even marginally for losing; your point is moot considered I can't choose my 8 teammates.

/rant

Yeah, the new changes stink. I can have five times the healing as anyone else and still walk away with a fraction of what I did pre-1.2. Feh. I'm really about done here.

comms are now calculated based on your entire teams contributions. so basically, if you dont get a lot of comms it's because your team didn't play well, didn't work together, and didn't concentrate on objectives. encourage your entire team to work together and for everyone to work hard and even if you lose you'll get more comms.

i don't know why this suprises anyone. it's been like this on PTS since 1.2 was put there. perhaps more people should play a few hours a week on test. as well, start working with the people you're pvping with rather than no one typing a word for 15 minutes. it does wonders.

comms are now calculated based on your entire teams contributions. so basically, if you dont get a lot of comms it's because your team didn't play well, didn't work together, and didn't concentrate on objectives. encourage your entire team to work together and for everyone to work hard and even if you lose you'll get more comms.

In a group of 8 randomly assigned people who will be together for only 15 minutes in a fast paced environment, this is practically impossible if they are not good or at least competent players to begin with (and a lot of people aren't).

i don't know why this suprises anyone. it's been like this on PTS since 1.2 was put there. perhaps more people should play a few hours a week on test. as well, start working with the people you're pvping with rather than no one typing a word for 15 minutes. it does wonders.

This is a grand idea assuming that the other randoms you PVP with aren't mouth-breathing inbreeds with a mental disability, who even have literary comprehension great enough to analyze what you are conveying in chat.

Edited by RyanEclipse

In a group of 8 randomly assigned people who will be together for only 15 minutes in a fast paced environment, this is practically impossible if they are not good or at least competent players to begin with (and a lot of people aren't).

then perhaps you should give helpful pointed before the start of a match.tell them everyone gets more rewards if everyone concentrates on objectives rather than deathmatches in the middle of nowhere. instead of complaining. soon enough they'll fix rated warzones and enable full ops grouping for queueing.

the funny thing is, most of my leveling of my lvl 30 Op healer on Test was done via pvp, and quite honestly it wasn't that big a deal to people there. come live, eeeeeveryone cries. weird.:rolleyes:

freaking 2 hours and nothing

how can i get battlemaster if it will take me this long

what?

if you're getting no rewards at all, then you are not doing anything in warzones. 3 medals. that's all you need to get basic rewards. it's not hard. at all.

ETA: sorry, i mean if you're playing full matches. it's perfectly possible to get put into a game late enough where you can try your hardest and still not get 3 medals. i agree that this kind of situation needs some serious looking into by bioware.

Edited by lectotrans

then perhaps you should give helpful pointed before the start of a match.tell them everyone gets more rewards if everyone concentrates on objectives rather than deathmatches in the middle of nowhere. instead of complaining. soon enough they'll fix rated warzones and enable full ops grouping for queueing.

the funny thing is, most of my leveling of my lvl 30 Op healer on Test was done via pvp, and quite honestly it wasn't that big a deal to people there. come live, eeeeeveryone cries. weird.:rolleyes:

In what universe do you strat as a team before the match starts and people actually do what they say they are going to do? I only ask because I want to travel to this alternate dimensions and pvp with these people who seem to have some mental clarity.

In what universe do you strat as a team before the match starts and people actually do what they say they are going to do? I only ask because I want to travel to this alternate dimensions and pvp with these people who seem to have some mental clarity.

apparently it's called Public Test server. weird eh?

communicate. keep communicating all day long. after a few days of pvping with the same people, magically they start communicating back! amazing! the trick is, don't be a dick about it. even if they're really pissin you off. keep calm give good advice, and people will come to follow it.

Maybe, just maybe, in year 2012, the biggest gaming company in the world would actually have a character copy or a template tool. There is no way in *********** hell that after leveling 5 different toons to 50, in the beta, and actually witnessing first hand, their inability to do anything appropriately, that I would ever re-level another toon for testing purposes.

Maybe, just maybe, in year 2012, the biggest gaming company in the world would actually have a character copy or a template tool. There is no way in *********** hell that after leveling 5 different toons to 50, in the beta, and actually witnessing first hand, their inability to do anything appropriately, that I would ever re-level another toon for testing purposes.

then don't complain when new patches features come up. i leveled tons of characters in beta as well. none of this was suprising. it just sounds like you really dislike the game. from this and other posts i've seen of yours throughout the forums. why stay?

i like the game, i can see where they want to take it, and i like the direction it's going. some things i don't agree with, some things i wish they'd hurry along(like high level character copy for test) i'm patient though, so i can wait for it to get where it's going.

Alderaan: 4 node caps, top damage for Republic, top protection for the game. 40 coms.

Huttball: 2 scores, 1 killing blow on a carrier, top protection for the game. 20 coms.

Voidstar: Again, top protection, 3rd damage for game and top for Republic, and 2 bomb diffuses. 0 coms.

All of this a level 39 Shadow tank. PvP isn't worth it. 1k credits or less per, and I've satisfied myself with the idea that Republic loses all the time on my server. But I could grind it out eventually if I was patient and I even stayed in badly stacked matches. Now it's just not worth PvPing for XP, fun, or gear styles I liked. I just wanted gear for companions and some spare $ and XP with some casual PvP fun. All of that is gone now.

I wont unsub for this sort of thing, but it's so incredibly annoying I wont even touch it anymore even on low alts. PvP went from casual friendly to hard-core only. This is a horrible change when hard-core PvP can be solved with your unfinished ranked warzones.

what?

if you're getting no rewards at all, then you are not doing anything in warzones. 3 medals. that's all you need to get basic rewards. it's not hard. at all.

ETA: sorry, i mean if you're playing full matches. it's perfectly possible to get put into a game late enough where you can try your hardest and still not get 3 medals. i agree that this kind of situation needs some serious looking into by bioware.

While i agree with your stances on some of your posts in this thread, consider this: the reward for winning//losing right now is more what i would expect for a RANKED premade game of 8 people queing together, NOT for UNRANKED of mainly pugs from random que. The reward ratios are more what i would expect from ranked matches, infact i think they would be appropriate there, but the crap rewards for losing even if you personally did very well right now are going to drive many people away from pvp in this game, and make new people lose interest very fast in it. People wont like pvping against geared people when they cant make any progress twords getting some gear to make it better because they lose all the time. Atleast before you got some commendations twords it, now its hardly worth considering rewards at all when you lose, mainly just a waste of time.

i'm not saying rewards shouldn't be looked at for an increase. all i'm saying is, it's a team oriented part of the game, like operations. expecting different rewards based purely on personal effort really doesn't mesh with the team aspect. we, as players, should be filling the pvp forum more with team building threads rather than complaint after complaint after complaint. we should be making threads on playing certain specs in certain classes, the best strategies for winning the different pvp maps, how to combat other classes.

complaint threads should be limited to customer service and suggestion box forums. otherwise do any of us really have any right to wonder why so many people are so terrible at pvp in this game? especially when so few are willing to be helpful during pvp?

just something to think about.:)

i liked the comms rewards prior to 1.2 cuz people could progress even if they were losing... 100-80 wasn't so bad compared to 90-40 now...

now after saying that, here is some perspective...

1 win = 90 comms

1 loss = 0 comms (less than 3 medals) to 40 comms (more than 3 medals)

1 daily (3 wins) = 99 ranked comms + 99 wz comms

1 daily (30 kills) = 99 ranked comms + 99 wz comms (can someone confirm?)

1 weekly (9 wins) = ? (let's just say it's the same as above, could be more, i don't know)

1 weekly (150 kills) = ? (let's just say it's the same as above, could be more, i don't know)

let's just say you win 50% of your matches, but you can complete both dailies... ie 10 games played, won 5... the 5 you lost, you and/or your team sucked so bad, you got nothing...

198 ranked + 198 wz = dailies x 7 days = ~1400 ranked + ~1400 wz

90comms x 5 wins/day = 450 wz comms/day x 7 days = 3150 wz

198 ranked + 198 wz = weeklies

=================================================

total = 1600 ranked + 4750 wz comms / week (or 1583 converted ranked)

if you are BM (like me):

after 1 week, i would have ~3180 ranked comms... that's enough to buy a WH chest or else wait 1 more day and i could afford my main hand weapon (the most expensive thing to get)

if you are below BM:

after 1 week, you can afford BOTH your mainhand and offhand weapons (1550 each - the most expensive things to get)

lol that's not so bad is it! after that it's all downhill cuz everything else is cheaper...

pre 1.2, it took me about 2 months to get my full BM gear with RNG... so it looks like it may take approx the same amount of time post 1.2 even if you were only winning 50% of your games...

that's not even taking into account that if rateds are released soon, it'll be even cheaper to get WH gear, as the cost is 1/5 less ranked comms to buy a piece of equipment if you have the proper rating...

my 1 day of 1.2 experience (30 min) then went to work:

went 3/3 solo queueing warzones (we won the games quickly), finished my daily, 369 wz comms + 99 ranked earned :D

Edited by wessik

lets say you get 40 comms per match (which is actually on the high side for losses), and you play one full match per 30 minutes (playing + queuing)

it's 84k coms to get WH armor

that's 2100 matches at 40 coms/match.

that's 63k minutes, or more than 43 full 24-hour days of play time. or that's more than a year of playing 4 hours a night 5 days a week (playing 20 hours a week for a full year). that's only time spent doing nothing but pvping. add time if you want to, say, craft or go to the bathroom.

by that time, there will be multiple new, better sets so you won't be even in gear even after all that time.

and that's with a fairly high number of coms won from the losses.

and that's without having to get your BM gear first, which is a whole 'nother grind.

yes, you get some from dailies, and you win win from time to time when you get with a premade and against pugs...but come on....

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.