Ok so I'm kinda lost with the whole 1.2, geologist, lightsaber crystal thing.

Cartooon

Not leveling my character very quickly, I seemed to have missed the high level stuff that happened before 1.2.

Whats confused me most is the disappearance of the geologists in 1.2.

I understand it was quite difficult/impossible to acquire some of the rare lightsaber colours (Like purp, mag, white etc.), planet hopping, bossing killing and so forth.

Then (As far as I know, correct me if I'm wrong) the geologists suddenly had these on offer for credits instead? And now in 1.2, the geologists have vanished 0_0.

I'm a little lost has to what the reasons behind all that were. Difficult to acquire crystals suddenly on offer for money, which kinda sucks imo. Then the vendor just as suddenly disappears.

So confused right now, can someone explain all that to me?

Not leveling my character very quickly, I seemed to have missed the high level stuff that happened before 1.2.

Whats confused me most is the disappearance of the geologists in 1.2.

I understand it was quite difficult/impossible to acquire some of the rare lightsaber colours (Like purp, mag, white etc.), planet hopping, bossing killing and so forth.

Then (As far as I know, correct me if I'm wrong) the geologists suddenly had these on offer for credits instead? And now in 1.2, the geologists have vanished 0_0.

I'm a little lost has to what the reasons behind all that were. Difficult to acquire crystals suddenly on offer for money, which kinda sucks imo. Then the vendor just as suddenly disappears.

So confused right now, can someone explain all that to me?

here are the reasons, some of those crystals are now going to be made by the respective crafters instead, these were a way to dump credits from the system prior to 1.2 coming out so that not all of the features available in the legacy window were immediately purchased.

2nd, the white crystal was briefly added as a last hurrah/tease in the game as a dev had stated that the white crystal was going perma bye bye for a while. Not saying it won't make a comeback but don't expect to see them for at least 6months to a year.

It was in the patch note for 1.1.5 that the geologists would be disappearing in 1.2.

What I'm trying to understand is why were they added in the first place? Why were hard to gain crystals suddenly on offer to be easily bought and then this feature removed again. Just seems weird to me is all.

here are the reasons, some of those crystals are now going to be made by the respective crafters instead, these were a way to dump credits from the system prior to 1.2 coming out so that not all of the features available in the legacy window were immediately purchased.

2nd, the white crystal was briefly added as a last hurrah/tease in the game as a dev had stated that the white crystal was going perma bye bye for a while. Not saying it won't make a comeback but don't expect to see them for at least 6months to a year.

Ahhh I see, so the crystals were on offer to drain some money and the white crystal was a sort of bonus item for those who had the money at the time.

That kinda stinks though doesnt it. Doesnt it trivialise those who got the magenta crystal legitimately being as you could have just bought it.

The white crystal makes sense I guess, those who have the money, get the reward. Thats fair enough.

Ahhh I see, so the crystals were on offer to drain some money and the white crystal was a sort of bonus item for those who had the money at the time.

That kinda stinks though doesnt it. Doesnt it trivialise those who got the magenta crystal legitimately being as you could have just bought it.

The white crystal makes sense I guess, those who have the money, get the reward. Thats fair enough.

you couldn't buy the magenta crystal, you could buy the pattern for it which previously only dropped from world bosses.