merc gearing in 1.2

captainidiot

so, i have a full rakata arsenal merc and am wondering if i am gearing wrong or something. i removed almost all of the original enhancements which had 0 surge on them and put in the ones from my columi set. that plus two crit crafted columi eliminators implants put me up to 75% surge and around 33-34% crit unbuffed. 1.2 hit and i lost 3% crit so i had to rip out the remaining power/surge enhancements and put in the crit/surge ones (from the columi set, havent been able to get the ones that drop in operations) just to get back to about where i was. im wondering if i should switch the old enhancements which came in the rakata back or something? with combat logging and all ive found i top out at around 1200dps. tech bonus damage is currently 762 with 35% crit unbuffed. if im doing something wrong please point it out. Edited by captainidiot

bump, anyone.... anyone at all?

Can you post your parse? How much accuracy do you have? You should be doing around 1400-1500 dps with full Rakata. And just ripping those mods out shouldn't make a difference. I'm assuming you are maximizing your dps by using unload everytime it's up.

But ya, hard to see what's wrong without parses. Or additional info.

so, i have a full rakata arsenal merc and am wondering if i am gearing wrong or something. i removed almost all of the original enhancements which had 0 surge on them and put in the ones from my columi set. that plus two crit crafted columi eliminators implants put me up to 75% surge and around 33-34% crit unbuffed. 1.2 hit and i lost 3% crit so i had to rip out the remaining power/surge enhancements and put in the crit/surge ones (from the columi set, havent been able to get the ones that drop in operations) just to get back to about where i was. im wondering if i should switch the old enhancements which came in the rakata back or something? with combat logging and all ive found i top out at around 1200dps. tech bonus damage is currently 762 with 35% crit unbuffed. if im doing something wrong please point it out.

wouldnt putting your columi pieces in rakata gear make it columi gear?

*confused*