How much of the impact is itemization?

paul_preib

My first day of 1.2 was about as expected-- I was still functional but definitely lacked a significant punch with my heal-emphasized hybrid spec (21/2/18). Never used consumption because of the spec so that change did nothing but did definitely feel the expertise and force-bending changes.

That said, I am wondering what the difference will be with proper itemization again. I think right now a huge factor is the fact that I shed about 13% surge (75 to 62 percent)dropping the original BM mods back in to get the expertise adjustment. Likewise lost a bit of small amount of power and some crit as well.

I am wondering for example, if the near guaranteed crit of the 60% on the 1.5 second heal will not feel like quite as terrible an option compared to the lost big heal when it goes back to the low 2k's over the 1700 it roughly crits now. Likewise having to cast fewer heals for the same HPS as right now's low oomph high alacrity stat budget should help with regards to resource management that took a hit as well.

I know either way it is a nerf of a fairly significant value, damage is up and healing is down in a near universal fashion, but I am wondering if proper itemization will help temper it to be a bit more liveable then some folks feel it is right now.

I have actually strongly considered picking up 2-3 pairs of BM operative gloves just to rip the enhancements out before actually starting on my war-hero grind just to get some of that itemization back, I know just the one day of playing it pre-1.2 with the default enhancements was near night and day, so I've a feeling once people get their power/crit/surge back over alacrity some of the issues will mellow out (can't say go away entirely).

I think right now a huge factor is the fact that I shed about 13% surge (75 to 62 percent)dropping the original BM mods back in to get the expertise adjustment. Likewise lost a bit of small amount of power and some crit as well.

Well, I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but you didn't need to remod the BM gear to get the expertise change. It only needed the original mods if the mods were changing at all (and then only to get the updated mods), and the overwhelming majority of the mod changes were reverted before 1.2 hit live anyway.

Well, I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but you didn't need to remod the BM gear to get the expertise change. It only needed the original mods if the mods were changing at all (and then only to get the updated mods), and the overwhelming majority of the mod changes were reverted before 1.2 hit live anyway.

If you optimized your set to do away with that which was default in favor of better options (ripping power/surge enhancements out of champ operative gloves) then you had to restore your originals. Yes if they had the same stats (i.e. boots and pants say that had the same enhancement) they were supposed to work if you didn't put the right ones specifically in (though folks have had scattershot results with this).

That having been said, it is not new itemization so much as being stuck back to the default itemization, which trades in all those stats you'd actually want in favor of far too much alacrity.

Though my original plan was rendered moot as after looking through the vendors there is not a single BM piece with any combination of power/surge, crit/surge, crit/power-- every single one has either alacrity, accuracy, or defense on it.

If you optimized your set to do away with that which was default in favor of better options (ripping power/surge enhancements out of champ operative gloves) then you had to restore your originals. Yes if they had the same stats (i.e. boots and pants say that had the same enhancement) they were supposed to work if you didn't put the right ones specifically in (though folks have had scattershot results with this).

That having been said, it is not new itemization so much as being stuck back to the default itemization, which trades in all those stats you'd actually want in favor of far too much alacrity.

Though my original plan was rendered moot as after looking through the vendors there is not a single BM piece with any combination of power/surge, crit/surge, crit/power-- every single one has either alacrity, accuracy, or defense on it.

Ya, that's what I mean. They didn't change the itemization at all, they just put expertise on all the mods now. BM has always been loads and loads of crit and alacrity, it's terrible.

Edited by Daellia

Ya, that's what I mean. They didn't change the itemization at all, they just put expertise on all the mods now. BM has always been loads and loads of crit and alacrity, it's terrible.

I guess I should have rephrased, my intent was more to compare having our own well-suited custom enhancements, some combination of crit/surge/and power as opposed to using the initial default ones.

Now that enhancement have expertise one is somewhat compelled to utilize the default ones, thus shaving a pretty hefty amount off of one's itemizatin. Getting orange gear with augment slots offsets this, but I think many people are waiting on war-hero mods to extract before going through this process.

I guess I should have rephrased, my intent was more to compare having our own well-suited custom enhancements, some combination of crit/surge/and power as opposed to using the initial default ones.

Now that enhancement have expertise one is somewhat compelled to utilize the default ones, thus shaving a pretty hefty amount off of one's itemizatin. Getting orange gear with augment slots offsets this, but I think many people are waiting on war-hero mods to extract before going through this process.

Ah, yes, makes more sense. And yes, putting expertise on all 3 moduless instead of just the armoring does rather kill your choices. Bioware seems to have a habit of shooting themselves in the foot on this customizable gear strategy. Every time they make it more usable, or closer to the original intent, they change something else that removes part of the customizability again.