PVP Medal Minimum... Terrible.

Volcan

Currently there is a chance if your team is beat fast enough it does not give some players the option of getting the minimum amount of medals required for rewards, resulting in "0"s across the board.

Luckly this has not happened to me yet but I have been in multiple matches where Iv seen players who honestly tried to contribute to the match left with with NOTHING. This is just wrong.

This thing is supposed to be an AFK controller and it is penalizing players who are doing their best and falling short. Sure they sucked in the match but they deserve to get their earned credit for the little they contributed. Not be penalized and waste 15 minutes of game time.

This must be changed. It is a slap to the face for players. And don't give me that crap about they suck so they deserve nothing. This game is a business and it should appeal to all players, crappy and pro.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Id like to add this quote which brings up something I missed and I feel is very key to this discussion:

"Originally Posted by dronepilot

I have to laugh at some of these comments, so, 'ok', if I get put into a WZ 60 seconds or so or couple of mins before the end of the game, I can what ? earn enough medals in that time to get the reward ?! I 'don't' think so, !

If I get in half way through, I have enough time to get those minimum medals.. but not right at the end of a match.. it happened twice to me last night, waiting in a cue for nothing really !"

Edited by Volcan

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If you get steamrolled, u get nothing.

This is called incentive. Don't get steamrolled.

OH because those players are choosing to get steamrolled... I guess if they want it more it will come true...

If you get steamrolled, u get nothing.

This is called incentive. Don't get steamrolled.

Oh we try. But when you're a healer in a 4v8 with several imps dancing outside your spawn spot... Makes me wish I could shoot my own players so I have something to heal.

Actually its not just from being steamrolled. I did a civil war match yesterday where I guarded the west turret for almost the entire match. The opposing team never came to attack that turret. I ended up with 1 medal because right at the start of the match I shot someone. I got nothing for guarding the turret. No defense points, no medals, nothing. SO even though I was actively doing something for the entire warzone ( guarding a turret we held) I received no valor, no comms, no xp, no creds. The new system is just another bioware failure.

its not just an "afk controller". its more about giving people incetive to play to WIN!!! before, in pugs anyway, not everyone was playing to win. they were playing for scoreboard stats or playing not to ever die or off in nomans land trying to 1v1 or playing mindless death match.

with changes, can already see the dif in pugs. much more competative, even vs premades, because more people are playing to win.

Currently there is a chance if your team is beat fast enough it does not give some players the option of getting the minimum amount of medals required for rewards, resulting in "0"s across the board.

Luckly this has not happened to me yet but I have been in multiple matches where Iv seen players who honestly tried to contribute to the match left with with NOTHING. This is just wrong.

This thing is supposed to be an AFK controller and it is penalizing players who are doing their best and falling short. Sure they sucked in the match but they deserve to get their earned credit for the little they contributed. Not be penalized and waste 15 minutes of game time.

This must be changed. It is a slap to the face for players. And don't give me that crap about they suck so they deserve nothing. This game is a business and it should appeal to all players, crappy and pro.

I love this change. Realize you provided no help to your team, adjust what you do, get rewarded when you are of importance to your team. We (people that are good at PVP) shouldnt have to carry you people through. I am glad there is less care-bearing of new PVPers.

Even though you get to buy better gear than I had at 50 for pvp, using only credits.

Even though you dont have to be rank 60 to wear Battlemaster gear now.

Even though you dont have to go through the RNG of getting a BM token.

Even though a single piece of BM armor no longer costs 8,000 WZ comms (3,000 for 1,000 merc comms, 1,000 more wz comms to get the BM token for 1,000merc/wz comms), just 800-1500. What a change!

You by far, have it easier now in PVP, quit crying.

Oh we try. But when you're a healer in a 4v8 with several imps dancing outside your spawn spot... Makes me wish I could shoot my own players so I have something to heal.

So you want rewards for that circus of a match?

Don't pretend rewards are supposed to be balanced around 4v8.

Edited by Ahhmyface

Actually its not just from being steamrolled. I did a civil war match yesterday where I guarded the west turret for almost the entire match. The opposing team never came to attack that turret. I ended up with 1 medal because right at the start of the match I shot someone. I got nothing for guarding the turret. No defense points, no medals, nothing.
Not possible. You get a medal for just initially capping it (heck, I got one just for standing next to the guy capping it).

Actually its not just from being steamrolled. I did a civil war match yesterday where I guarded the west turret for almost the entire match. The opposing team never came to attack that turret. I ended up with 1 medal because right at the start of the match I shot someone. I got nothing for guarding the turret. No defense points, no medals, nothing. SO even though I was actively doing something for the entire warzone ( guarding a turret we held) I received no valor, no comms, no xp, no creds. The new system is just another bioware failure.

You don't get defense point, at all? :confused:

stop lying you get defensive points if you set there the whole match would have got 3 easy.

I love this change. Realize you provided no help to your team, adjust what you do, get rewarded when you are of importance to your team. We (people that are good at PVP) shouldnt have to carry you people through. I am glad there is less care-bearing of new PVPers.

Even though you get to buy better gear than I had at 50 for pvp, using only credits.

Even though a single piece of BM armor no longer costs 8,000 WZ comms (3,000 for 1,000 merc comms, 1,000 more wz comms to get the BM token for 1,000merc/wz comms), just 800-1500. What a change!

this is nonsense. I can get 12 medals and not actually try and help my team win. It changed none of this. It just screws the people who arent as elite as the others. I can also still grab my 3 medals then afk for 12 minutes so again how does that stop the afk'ing. thats right it dont. Just admit it that bioware hs no F'n clue to what they are doing in PVP. Sure they made 1 helluva a single player campaign, but have failed miserable to pvp content

Edited by Ssfbistimg

I love how this game has been out for about 5 months and we got ppl like this talking like they are gods gift.

This is a game that ppl pay $15 a month for, I am not saying that they should be given everything but if they enter the WZ and are attacking and killing ppl THEY ARE CONTRIBUTING!

Now with this train of thought above you may get your wish, u will be able to stroke your epeen all by yourself which I imagine is not that uncommon of a thing for you! ;)

this is nonsense. I can get 12 medals and not actually try and help my team win. It changed none of this. It just screws the people who Guard a Door or Turret the whole game that no one attacks. I can also still grab my 3 medals then afk for 12 minutes so again how does that stop the afk'ing. thats right it dont. Just admit it that bioware hs no F'n clue to what they are doing in PVP. Sure they made 1 helluva a single player campaign, but have failed miserable to pvp content

Explain to me how you could possibly get 12 medals and not contribute to the win in any way.

I am one of the best scoundrel scrappers on my server and I dont mind carrying people... I dont want to see people who try get nothing. They should at least get credit for their one medal... 10 comms or whatever.

Explain to me how you could possibly get 12 medals and not contribute to the win in any way.

easy i never once try and cap or try and stop a cap. i just sit there and attack imps and heal myself. if i get ball thrown to me i sit on it or just throw it away

Edited by Ssfbistimg

I have to laugh at some of these comments, so, 'ok', if I get put into a WZ 60 seconds or so or couple of mins before the end of the game, I can what ? earn enough medals in that time to get the reward ?! I 'don't' think so, !

If I get in half way through, I have enough time to get those minimum medals.. but not right at the end of a match.. it happened twice to me last night, waiting in a cue for nothing really !

If I get in half way through, I have enough time to get those minimum medals.. but not right at the end of a match.. it happened twice to me last night, waiting in a cue for nothing really !

This is probably one of the largest issues with the system.

my favorite is when u sit 12 minutes in a queue it finally pops you load run to door have to wait to get out then game ends. so you then get thrown back in queue just to get thrown into another match where you are losing and only have 5 people. that happened to me twice yesterday

You need to have some crazy skills to get 12 medals without accidentally helping your team. That is, you have to know every possible way to NOT help your team while still getting medals and that requires a complete mastery of the game's mechanics, or you'd end up helping your team due to sheer accident at some point.

As others have pointed out, this is a complete lie. I was in a WZ with my wife, Civil War to be exact. We took snow at the start of the match (I capped it, she just stood there), then I ran off to fight people at other turrets. By the end of the game, she had 0 damage done, 0 healing done, 0 kills, 0 deaths, and 6 medals. One medal for taking the turret, and 5 for objective points from standing at the turret we took. The only way you could end up with 1 medal is if you were not near the turret when it was taken, and then spent time "defending" it by standing more than 50m away from the turret (50m is an estimate, I have no idea of the actual radius for contribution points.)

It IS an incentive – an incentive not to play.

^ EXACTLY THAT! No one is playing WZs anymore because it's simply not worth it. Queue times are a mess and this change doesn't address the real issue that there are 100 servers too many. If you want to fix pvp give people a reason to play it. You think someone will requeue for a WZ if they got nothing for 30 minutes of play? No... they simply won't.