Merc, Arsenals. Just wanna know...

Philastra

If you can't see the fact that we got buffed for sustainable PVE dps and got a burst damage buff for pvp then you are one of those tracer spammers that runs away when interrupted rather than using his myriad of other abilities to win.

Tracer missile in it's nerfed state is still the ability that does the highest percentage of your damage in pve. They nerfed by 10% the skill that you spam and buffed by 10% one you use every 15 sec. Basic math will tell you that sustained dps went down in pve.

Tracer missile in it's nerfed state is still the ability that does the highest percentage of your damage in pve. They nerfed by 10% the skill that you spam and buffed by 10% one you use every 15 sec. Basic math will tell you that sustained dps went down in pve.

Tracer missile ends up being 35% of your damage

Unload ends up being 35% of your damage

Heatseeker ends up being 15-20% of your damage.

So while 35% of your damage got nerfed by a small amount.

another 35% of your damage becomes more reliable

and 15-20% got buffed.

So yeah 10% nerf to 35% of your damage compared to a buff to 50-55% of your damage is a BUFF.

Simple math for you sir.

With actual tested numbers to back it up.

3) NO WAY should you be using Power Shot, you must be kidding me. Both abilities got a 10% nerf in damage. Tracer Missle hits for Elemental damage or whatever its called, so armor and sheifl and defenses and stuff do not affect the damage. Power Shot is white damage and hits like a Nerf gun (childrens toy reference), and it can be dodged, blocked etc. just like Unload can because they are both white, weapon damage. USE TRACER MISSLE

While I agree power shot should not be used unless you have to, I have to correct a few things.

Tracer is a tech attack and kinetic damage (mitigated by armor).

Power shot is a special ranged attack and weapon damage (I believe it's kinetic, but all weapon damage is energy or kinetic and both are mitigated by armor). Yet it's weapon damage, so it's stats are hurt by the offhand accuracy and damage stats.

The key here is tech vs. ranged and then the whole weapon damage thing. Tech always hits. On the other hand, many classes have defenses vs. ranged. Then add in the lowered accuracy to the offhand, and you will see a ton of either misses or deflects to one of the shots from power shot.

Add in the fact power shot does not buff railshot and it's a far inferior attack to tracer missile. It should really only be used when tracer is interrupted.

I love the people who don't take the time to actually think about the changes rofl.

First lets go over a few things.

Tracer missile nerf was 10% - that's almost nothing - my tracer hits almost as hard now as it did pre-patch in both pve and pvp.

Heatseekers - 10% damage buff - on an ability that hits this hard, that's huge - I have seen 6.5k crits in pvp and 10k crits from it in raids.

Unload - our single highest damaging and most heat efficient ability - we just got a more reliable proc rate on the ability that makes it do 30% more damage - HUGE buff.

Rail shot - no change.

So - you take a MINOR damage loss on tracer missile, but a HUGE buff to unload and heatseeker and you cry like the world is going to end.

If you can't see the fact that we got buffed for sustainable PVE dps and got a burst damage buff for pvp then you are one of those tracer spammers that runs away when interrupted rather than using his myriad of other abilities to win.

those buffs and nerfs dont really mean anything with the change to expertise. yes HSM got buffed by 10% but i went from 4k max crits (once in a blue moon, usually 3.5k) to 5.6k crits. my tracer crits went down from 2-2.5k to 1.4-1.8k. does that sounds like 10% on either side? the only two explanations are that expertise is playing a bigger role in the math or TN/HSM got nerfed/buffed more than stated in the patch notes. considering that defense reduction was lowered with expertise but TM still has a more than 10% damage reduction im not quite sure what to think at this point