A real explanation and apolagy.

Shadowday_

We wouldnt be posting if we could play.. yet here you are posting as well.

Pot. Kettle. Black.

Yes, me being disgusted by the whining is totally the same as wanting my butt wiped because something went wrong with a game.

You have totally called me out there.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Ahhh..... wut?

There is a world of difference between SWtor and WOW/WAR(which was only 5yrs ago and was an UTTER TRAVESTY of a release)

If you were there for both releases you would realise how much better BW have been doing.

So as far as I can tell there has been a massive improvement in standards.... and you Sir are talking out of your Sphinctre :)

Cheers

Haha, a world of difference between SWtor and WoW. Classic.

They provided an explanation, an apology, and compensation. So you got both things you wanted, plus something you didn't even ask for.

You can insert your apology to the devs and the community here: _____________________

Just ... :eek: LOL :D

Winner!

The childish behavior demonstrated on these forums is pathetic. Please just step back and grow up!

You should be ashamed of yourselves. I am sure your mom would be very disappointed and possibly ground you from the computer if she read your rage.....over a video game!

Perspective does one good.

and you don't see the irony in that statement?

i didnt read that massive wall of text but honestly why the hell do we not get any communication from bioware 'in general'. do we have a community manager? why dotn they tell us stuff, communicating info to ppl imo is very important. Half of the threads and rage and hate on these forums wouldnt exist if bioware stood up and actually dished out some facts on specific issues.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=407392

Explanation:

During last night's maintenance, some areas of the game were reverted to pre-Game Update 1.2 status. Some areas were 'missing' and characters that were in those areas would be unavailable. We took the live servers offline at approx 9:30AM CDT (Austin time).

Apology:

We sincerely apologize for the unexpected downtime today. We’ll update you with more details later.

So...there ya go.

Edited by amantheil

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=407392

Explanation:

Apology:

So...there ya go.

That's not good enough. They need to call me personally, and hire a private stripper to keep me occupied until the servers are up. I am incapable of finding something else to do on my own, and as I've never had a job, cannot possibly understand why things aren't always perfect all the time.

i didnt read that massive wall of text but honestly why the hell do we not get any communication from bioware 'in general'. do we have a community manager? why dotn they tell us stuff, communicating info to ppl imo is very important. Half of the threads and rage and hate on these forums wouldnt exist if bioware stood up and actually dished out some facts on specific issues.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=3909226#edit3909226

Or are you expecting Bioware give you a personal phone call?

That's not good enough. They need to call me personally, and hire a private stripper to keep me occupied until the servers are up. I am incapable of finding something else to do on my own, and as I've never had a job, cannot possibly understand why things aren't always perfect all the time.

Yay, I want it too. Oh wait...

It appears no one actually playing the game has a clue on maintenance and

deployment of a MMO game. So in view of your lack of understanding please just

relax and enjoy your time away from the keyboard, get some fresh air, walk

the dogs, READ. Venting your seemingly endless rage is futile and a waste of

energy. Believe me when I say you ARE getting more than your $15.00 worth

of play time in any 30 day period and should just be thankful for it and not

go laying out the pitiful rage threads I see on here.

I am an adult and I know many of you are adults as well, so act like it. If you

wish to quit playing over the minor problems within the game, so be it, QUIT!! You won't

be missed by Bioware and more important, you won't be missed by the general

SWTOR population. Here's to adults with patience and understanding, I salute YOU.

The rest of you? Take a long walk off a short pier.

DON'T YOU PEOPLE GET IT?! SOMEWHERE IN AN OFFICE BUILDING, THERE HAVE BEEN HUMAN ******* BEINGS SITTING IN DARK ROOMS TYPING OUT SEQUENCES OF LETTERS AND NUMBERS IN SOME INCOMPREHENSIBLE LANGUAGE THAT APPEAR TO US AS ANIMATED FIGURES AND MYTHICAL CREATURES AROUND THE ENTIRE ******* WORLD! THAT'S ******* CRAZY! THERE IS NO PART OF THE HUMAN MIND THAT SHOULD ALLOW A PERSON TO CONSIDER THE FACT THAT VIDEO GAMES ARE EVEN ******* POSSIBLE AND NOT **** THEIR GOD DAMNED PANTS!

THE MIRACLE OF VIDEO GAMES YOU HAVE EXPERIENCED IS SO GOD DAMN IMPRESSIVE YOUR MIND HAS LITERALLY SHUT DOWN ALL HIGHER-LEVEL COGNITIVE FUNCTION TO PROTECT ITSELF FROM HURTING IN AN ATTEMPT TO CONTEMPLATE THIS. YOU ARE NOW ONLY LEFT WITH PRIMITIVE DESIRE AND MINIMAL COMMUNICATIVE FACULTIES, WHICH ALLOW YOU TO COME HERE AND CURSE THE COMPUTER GODS YOU HAVE SO EASILY TAKEN FOR GRANTED. FOR SHAME.

Now if you'll excuse me, I have to go yell at some people on the Southwest Airlines forum complaining their plane was delayed 10 minutes before safely flying across the world.

No point if BW made a statement or not. If BW told us ever technical detail of what happened and why, players would still rage and decry "The information is not enough detail, the details weren't written so the average joe could understand or some such nonsense."

BW apologized and compensated players for time (which I've only seen once before in a dozen mmo's over 12 years of gaming).

The horse is dead so we can stop beating it. Server uptime is a few hours away if all goes well and longer if it doesn't.

Edited by Arolamir

your my hero...well put!!! lol

kudos dude

It appears no one actually playing the game has a clue on maintenance and

deployment of a MMO game. So in view of your lack of understanding please just

relax and enjoy your time away from the keyboard, get some fresh air, walk

the dogs, READ. Venting your seemingly endless rage is futile and a waste of

energy. Believe me when I say you ARE getting more than your $15.00 worth

of play time in any 30 day period and should just be thankful for it and not

go laying out the pitiful rage threads I see on here.

I am an adult and I know many of you are adults as well, so act like it. If you

wish to quit playing over the minor problems within the game, so be it, QUIT!! You won't

be missed by Bioware and more important, you won't be missed by the general

SWTOR population. Here's to adults with patience and understanding, I salute YOU.

The rest of you? Take a long walk off a short pier.

well put. you said it better than i could. so while i wait, i will watch some netflix.

There is no need for an apology or explanation for their actions. They chose to give and explanation because they wanted to keep the people in the loop. The 30 days are for people that have 50s. It doesn't matter when you joined. The free pet is for people that have an active subscription. EA/BW have the right do take down the servers or withhold content at any time, without notice. You should read the EULA, you agreed to it.

^ This, however most people just click the Accept and then think everything is peachy. and when something that they don't agree with happens its "Its the providers Fault" well be that as it may if everyone took the time to read the EULA then it would solve so much of this ranting, and Hey look you have until 6pm CST - 00:00 GMT to actually read it for once. Good for you all, as information is power and Ignorance is not an excuse in any court of law

Edited by Alexia-Moi-Voss

Maybe it's my age(35), I don't know...but this is the first game I've played on PC since 2000, and the frist MMO since Everquest on the PS1. Yet I expected there to be occasional down time occasionally when I subscribed to this game. It would seem that people claiming to have been playing MMO's for years would have as much information on such down time as I, someone not familiar with these games, have. It also seems to be a universal fact of life that in any game, whether on PC, console or hand held device, that receives patches that said patches tend to cause new problems......problems which themselves end up requiring additional patches to fix. Do I enjoy this fact of life? No, not really....however, it is what it is. You can either learn to live with it and accept it or allow yourself to get all worked up over it. I suggest going with the first option, you'll live a lot longer without the additional stress in your life.

I'm sure I'm not alone here in having plenty of memories of games from the pre-internet era when there was no such thing as a patch. It didn't mean you never bought a game that didn't work properly....what it did mean is that if it didn't work properly, oh well, that's what you were stuck with....a game that played poorly or, sometimes, was simply unplayable all together.

Another thing I'd like to point out is that, as many have already said, things happen that will inconveniene you...not just in games like this, but in life in general. Take a few breaths and roll with it, don't allow yourself to get all wroked up and stressd out over it.....again, you'll live a lot longer.

It seems to me that many folks pitching a fit over this on these forums would be well served to take these next few hours to go complain to their English teachers for completely failing them. I'm sure you've been given no time, monetary or other reimbursements for their total failure to teach you how to spell the simplest of words, to properly write a sentence or even to convey a thought to where it makes sense to the people reading what you've posted.

At the end of the day we're all getting a free day of service for a third of a day lost, an apology and a free pet.....I'm not sure what more anyone wants. An explanation? I beleive we've gotten that, otherwise we'd not be discussing whether the problem should exist in the first place or not. Storms will occasionally knock out power or other utilities, such as internet and cable.....do these same people complaining here call up their utility providers demanding compensation and apologies? I hope not, because when I call in to let them know their services are down, I wait forever on hold just to speak to a normal customer service representative to inform them of the problem; and I know that if you do have cause to go beyond that person you will spend a whole lot more time waiting to talk to a supervisor.

Anyways, there's plenty of things to occupy yourselves with until the servers come back up.....get out there and do them! Take a walk, go for a bike ride, if you have a dog - go play with it in the yard, clean something around the house(dishes, your room, vacuum, etc.), mow the lawn(what I plan to do), make yourself a good home made dinner, read a book....or whatever you may have available to do. There's a whole world out there, take the next few hours to enjoy it....

Maybe it's my age(35), I don't know...but this is the first game I've played on PC since 2000, and the frist MMO since Everquest on the PS1. Yet I expected there to be occasional down time occasionally when I subscribed to this game. It would seem that people claiming to have been playing MMO's for years would have as much information on such down time as I, someone not familiar with these games, have. It also seems to be a universal fact of life that in any game, whether on PC, console or hand held device, that receives patches that said patches tend to cause new problems......problems which themselves end up requiring additional patches to fix. Do I enjoy this fact of life? No, not really....however, it is what it is. You can either learn to live with it and accept it or allow yourself to get all worked up over it. I suggest going with the first option, you'll live a lot longer without the additional stress in your life.

I'm sure I'm not alone here in having plenty of memories of games from the pre-internet era when there was no such thing as a patch. It didn't mean you never bought a game that didn't work properly....what it did mean is that if it didn't work properly, oh well, that's what you were stuck with....a game that played poorly or, sometimes, was simply unplayable all together.

Another thing I'd like to point out is that, as many have already said, things happen that will inconveniene you...not just in games like this, but in life in general. Take a few breaths and roll with it, don't allow yourself to get all wroked up and stressd out over it.....again, you'll live a lot longer.

It seems to me that many folks pitching a fit over this on these forums would be well served to take these next few hours to go complain to their English teachers for completely failing them. I'm sure you've been given no time, monetary or other reimbursements for their total failure to teach you how to spell the simplest of words, to properly write a sentence or even to convey a thought to where it makes sense to the people reading what you've posted.

At the end of the day we're all getting a free day of service for a third of a day lost, an apology and a free pet.....I'm not sure what more anyone wants. An explanation? I beleive we've gotten that, otherwise we'd not be discussing whether the problem should exist in the first place or not. Storms will occasionally knock out power or other utilities, such as internet and cable.....do these same people complaining here call up their utility providers demanding compensation and apologies? I hope not, because when I call in to let them know their services are down, I wait forever on hold just to speak to a normal customer service representative to inform them of the problem; and I know that if you do have cause to go beyond that person you will spend a whole lot more time waiting to talk to a supervisor.

Anyways, there's plenty of things to occupy yourselves with until the servers come back up.....get out there and do them! Take a walk, go for a bike ride, if you have a dog - go play with it in the yard, clean something around the house(dishes, your room, vacuum, etc.), mow the lawn(what I plan to do), make yourself a good home made dinner, read a book....or whatever you may have available to do. There's a whole world out there, take the next few hours to enjoy it....

You sir get +1 internets for your cogent and concise wall of awesome text.

I love this game. I play and pay. I never seen so many unhappy people in a forum in my life. Just go away and unsub jeesh. Save yourself the agony and me from having to read it. God forbid they listen to you and ruin this great game. We dont need you we dont want you. We like the game just fine. We will pay. Others go away. Nothing to see here. Move along.