The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Why the huge companion nerf??

djmurloc

Before 1.2 -- Talos had 14.8k health equiped with lot of columi and other epics. He's quite geared.

After 1.2 -- Talos has 13400 hps.

Before 1.2 - Xalek -- (Shields still bugged) -- Wearing all Tier 1/2 tank gear - 18k+

After 1.2 - 16600.

Interesting note -- +100 presence from being human

+ 60 presence from legacy bonus for max affection with all companions

so... 160 presence bonus later I'm getting even less bonus to them?? How does this make sense? The dps companions, this won't make much difference but, for tanking companions.. you've just made them a lot worse...

I noticed this on my companion (Akaavi Spar) too. One of my guildmates told me to take off her implants and earpiece, and then re-equip them, so I did . . . and her HP went back to normal! :confused:

Dunno what this issue is there, but if you haven't tried that out then maybe it will help. ^^

I have been doing the Daily's on Belsavis for weeks. Until 1.2 rescuing the deranged Jedi by killing the Jedi Boss guarding the cells was rather easy. Now it is not possible for me to Solo with my healing companion. The fight took a long time before 1.2. But now, my healing companion seems to be texting or some such during the fight.

I have been doing the Daily's on Belsavis for weeks. Until 1.2 rescuing the deranged Jedi by killing the Jedi Boss guarding the cells was rather easy. Now it is not possible for me to Solo with my healing companion. The fight took a long time before 1.2. But now, my healing companion seems to be texting or some such during the fight.

Weird. I had no problem.

I noticed this on my companion (Akaavi Spar) too. One of my guildmates told me to take off her implants and earpiece, and then re-equip them, so I did . . . and her HP went back to normal! :confused:

Dunno what this issue is there, but if you haven't tried that out then maybe it will help. ^^

Weird. I did the unequip gear and re-equip -- usually unsummon and resummon fixes any missing stats as well.

They increased his level. He used to be a mid 40's champ (imp side anyway), now a lvl 50 champ. Still didn't have any major differences soloing him on a merc and an assassin. The other two heroics were also changed to H2+, which makes them infinitely easier to solo as well.

Anyway, back on topic. My Xalek is normal (slightly higher actually), and I didn't even bother to dequip/equip (though I did zone a few times before anyone said anything and I checked). And my healers hit me for an appreciable bit more than they used to as well.

All in all, general companion differences have been in the positive direction, on my end at least.