The Sentinel and you!

Pekish

Sentinel is a very intriguing class it piss off a lot of people but at the same time it feel useless it God mod in pre-made and "Butter" in PUG... you top the DPS count in warzone but your team lose.

Sentinels are not all the same.

a) Sentinel that love to 1vs1 and if possible 1vs2

b) Sentinel that are proud to top DPS count at the end of warzone

c) Sentinel that help to win the warzone

Even if in an UNBALANCED warzone you can do the 3 things at the same time this is NEVER the case if the warzone is somehow balanced

A lot of whine about our class come from a+b in what it's obviously a "LOL" warzone where enemy is a joke.

Add this to the fact that we are the class most "healer" dependent (we shine with an healer we sucks without) that make us NEED to group in advance.

We are not your typical class that enter warzone "solo", all the half decent Sentinel in my server very very rarely play solo (some refuse to join warzone wihtout an healer) but usually they play in tandem with an healer (no need a full group if u are casual just bring your pocket healer)

The pocket healer 80% of the time makes you accomplish A+B but usually he isn't enough to accomplish C (casually all the sentinel showing off their DPS don't notice they always have a "DEFEAT" as title of screenshot)

I want to go one step further and ask people what is the build you suggest for A (and which stat you think is best to MAX other then Expertise) and what is the build you think will accomplish B more often and what is the build to actually WIN a warzone © are they different?

And not only there is a typical build for SOLO? which built you think is best for PREMADE?

Personally I only care about "C" and I have a very uncommon build going on not only i focus on C but i like to join SOLO that doesn't obviously allow me to just focus on DPS sucessfully, if i really want to win.

I would like everybody specify his playstyle something like

SOLO_C (that's my case)

or

PREMADE_A+C

or

TANDEM(withHEALER)_A+B

i would like to see how many different playstyle people really embrace with our beautifull yet complicated class.

Edited by Pekish

for

A: i would say for most situations watchman spec will always be better in 1v2 settings. In 1v1 Combat or Watchman sentinels will generally beat all others using slightly different tools/speeds but victory is generally assured except i find vs other sentinels (i find watchman has edge over combat in 1v1 between the two assuming same player skill)

B: Probably Focus spec, but in all honesty all 3 spec's should be perfectly capable of topping charts, i have done so with all 3. My highest recorded total damage done to date has been in combat spec in a very good premade, however i have no doubt i could do the same in watchman.

C: Combat spec has the most tools for objective/team play, with the improved movement speed and immobilises being clear advantage in huttball, and likewise helps greatly in rushing to next doors in voidstar etc.

EDIT: i generally play premade C, and i swap between both watchman and combat currently. Advantages as stated with combat is the speed and immobilises, but watchman i find better for being 'that guy holding the other door' in voidstar, or 'solo holding a turret' in alderaan, its very effective in these situations where 1v1's or 1v2's are very common.

Edited by Ainianu

SOLO_C

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#501rcroMZGMroMZrr0rz.1

14/14/13

I tend to stuck Strengh > Defence > Absorbtion > Power (in this order)

1) My goal with this build it to build centering quick to "group buff" while beeing defensive (rebuke, yes i use risposte and quite often)

2) Having 2 gap closer (and reduce leap time)

3) 1 extra slower-CC (cauterize)

4) Stance Dance between Ataru (speed increase 15%) and Juyo (extra resistence/self heal)

Edit:

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#501rMroMZGMRRM0MZGr0zz.1

13/17/11

one extra tool

Edited by Pekish

Personally for me I love the combat and I like to jump right in it. And I am not the best pvp player but I am getting better. I'm not going to say that sometimes I don't get a little frustrated against some of the other classes but I am starting to see some improvement in my play. I am only level 29 and at level 30 I get force camo and I am excited to see what that will do for me. I am just trying to keep a positive attitude about it.

Obviously if I should have to stick to 1 tree for the "SOLO_C" i would definitely go all the way into COMBAT

but i find that having a second gap closer can be a "game changing" in many warzone

and the extra centering from the watchment tree help the group more then how i could do "alone" with my single target damage half backed CC from going deeper into Combat.

Edited by Pekish

I will both solo and team up with guild but my #1 goal is to win the warzone and if I can get some 1v1, 1v2, and even a 1v3 I'm a happy camper. I do enjoy the solo kills mostly, especially against multiple targets cause I know they are raging on their end, hehe.

SOLO_C

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#501rcroMZGMroMZrr0rz.1

14/14/13

I tend to stuck Strengh > Defence > Absorbtion > Power (in this order)

1) My goal with this build it to build centering quick to "group buff" while beeing defensive (rebuke, yes i use risposte and quite often)

2) Having 2 gap closer (and reduce leap time)

3) 1 extra slower-CC (cauterize)

4) Stance Dance between Ataru (speed increase 15%) and Juyo (extra resistence/self heal)

This is a joke right? I am going to assume its not a joke however and explain in event you simply do not understand the mechanics involved.

With the amount of accuracy on most pvp gear your defence will be completely worthless unless you have it stacked to well over 20% defense chance. (not to mention half the dps classes primarily use force/tech attacks which completely bypass defence anyway)

Also absorption is a stat that functions alongside shield item, and REQUIRES a shield item in offhand. So your Absorption is doing absolutely nothing EVER.

Will not go into the spec in detail but i do question the value of a support role that only adds a tiny bit of additional support that a pure spec to 31 cannot do... Whilst sacrificing all dps.

it's not a joke i use that built and so far it's working great perhaps in premade it wouldn't be necessary to sacrify DPS but in SOLO (That obviously you have no idea how the SOLO playstyle work since u stated that you play premade) it's the most effective

I wasn't aware that absorption work only on shield i though SHIELD did work only on shield that means i could be even more effective if i remove those 3 absorption augmentation thing i had with defence/strengh/power

Obviously i dont cap DPS unless we are against another PUG but I do helped winning vs premade that were too worry about their own medals then the game itself

it's not a joke i use that built and so far it's working great perhaps in premade it wouldn't be necessary to sacrify DPS but in SOLO (That obviously you have no idea how the SOLO playstyle work since u stated that you play premade) it's the most effective

I wasn't aware that absorption work only on shield i though SHIELD did work only on shield that means i could be even more effective if i remove those 3 absorption augmentation thing i had with defence/strengh/power

Obviously i dont cap DPS unless we are against another PUG but I do helped winning vs premade that were too worry about their own medals then the game itself

I have played plenty solo actually, and have a very good understanding of how to queue solo and how to play with headless chicken randoms :) (as i stated i 'generally' play with premade because i simply enjoy playing as a team more than playing with randoms who may or may not have a clue how team play works)

IMO in a random team where you dont know what your going to get it is even more imperative to not sacrifice your own DPS to help your team, some people simple dont get better no matter how much your helping them. It would be better to kill the enemies yourself so that you KNOW they are dead... click objectives yourself so that you KNOW its clicked... etc, spamming your utility things in the hopes that some random is going to do what you want him to do is very wishful thinking and very hit or miss. Thats why i call them 'randoms'

I totally disagree and think the opposite in a team where everybody think for himself the fact that you sacrify yourself for the team may make the real difference

if you are another mindless dps in a "everybody for himself" type of game and nobody sacrify for the victory you win only if ur enemy is way inferior

so i think the way you play solo is just dps your target for medals that is exactly what this build is not about

Plus i could bet that my DPS in no more then or 10% less instead of doing 400K i may do 350K but on the other hand i help everybody i may stop or slow a ball carrier that push me away as i can leap twice back (and the second time i should be on resolve)

I hate the mentality that you represent that is the tipical blind DPS mentality crounching teorical number when PVP is all about situational awarness and ability to react to a always different enviroment where the more utility you bring on the table the higher are your chance to effectivly work for the victory

is because all sentinel tend to think as you do that we have 10000 screenshoot of 900K with DEFEAT on top

Edited by Pekish

Well at least you was able to read part of my post, if you had read all of it however you would have noticed the part where i said click objectives yourself... so you know they are done, doing this enables you to win, even if your team is a bunch of randoms incapable of such action. :p

Doing a lot of damage helps win a game... regardless of which WZ you are in, but i play mainly for objectives and play for wins. I must have missed the part where i stated all i do is spam damage on people and ignore objectives.