Win a Life-Sized Figure of Darth Malgus

AlysonBridge

• Replies 598
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To be honest, as much as I do like many things in this game, Darth Malgus isn't one of them.

Compared to let's say Darth Vader he doesn't even get close in coolness. In fact when I think about it there aren't really any antagonists in this game so far that I actually think are cool like that.

But yeah, the prize aside, I do find it a bit rough to have a contest for the US only when you have a forum that is for both US and EU customers and to put it on Facebook that is also for players around the world. It does seem to indicate a certain lack of finesse towards a global community I would say.

It would be 15% base federal and another 5% for state. If you actually make money, plan on a higher tax rate than just 20%. Taxes could go as high as $2k.

Shipping, really is the least of your concerns for winning.

Though the website sited that the value of the item would be placed at $1, wonder what the taxes on that might be...$0.20???

I guess people don't read the entire thread and just hit "Post Reply" whenever they're sufficiently upset with what they've read so far. Look back about 2 pages and you'll see I posted a quote from the sponsor's own web page that states that they will cover the shipping costs.

Maybe you should read as well. Look at the bottom of the contest page. They state near the top "This contest is only open to U.S. residents. Additionally, the chosen winner must be a registered user of StarWarsTheOldRepublic.com' before the close of this contest and is responsible for any taxes that may be assessed on the shipping cost or value of the prize."

Notice the "or value" You take a chance to either pay taxes on the shipping or you pay the taxes on the value ($6000 estimated by them). I can see them charging the taxes on the value and they will cover the less then $100.00 (based on values posted here on taxes for shipping) for shipping.

I guess people don't read the entire thread and just hit "Post Reply" whenever they're sufficiently upset with what they've read so far. Look back about 2 pages and you'll see I posted a quote from the sponsor's own web page that states that they will cover the shipping costs.

Then why do they have you check a box when you go to sign up stating:

I agree to pay shipping charges for my prize, and the shipping terms & conditions below, unless otherwise specified in the contest description.

And then below in small print it says:

All winners agree to pay shipping on any prizes granted by Sideshow Collectibles during any contest or giveaway.

Shipping is probably a couple hundred bucks... But I could use the money from the statue so I'll enter the contest. Probably can get $3k-4k or so for it.

It cost me $400 US to have my Gentle Giant life size Yoda crated up and shipped to me from California....for this monstrosity you looking at around 700-1000. There not in card board boxes and droped off by fed-ex, if it were you'd get to assemble the 1000 broken peices it would come in. It'll be in a padded, wrapped wooden crate filled with tons of padding, foam, bubble wrap and packing peanuts and weigh well over 250lbs.

Query: You were being reasonable? On a community forum?

Statement: Assassination protocols initiated.

I took today off from work, playing hookey(sp?) and I don't really have anything better to do since I was planning on playing. My favorite day of the year, any Fri 13th, is backfiring on me today. This whole nerd rage thing has been keeping me in lolz all day.;)

It cost me $400 US to have my Gentle Giant life size Yoda crated up and shipped to me from California....for this monstrosity you looking at around 700-1000. There not in card board boxes and droped off by fed-ex, if it were you'd get to assemble the 1000 broken peices it would come in. It'll be in a padded, wrapped wooden crate filled with tons of padding, foam, bubble wrap and packing peanuts and weigh well over 250lbs.

Yoda ...

A life sized Yoda ...

You bought a Life Sized Yoda??

Why Yoda?

Starting today and continuing until May 11th, 2012, individuals who have registered accounts with http://www.StarWarsTheOldRepublic.com will be able to enter for a chance to win a life-sized figure of Darth Malgus, valued at nearly $6,000. To enter, make your way to the Sideshow Collectible’s contest page, and fill out their general contest form with your name, address, phone number and email. Remember to use the same email address that you used to register your Star Wars: The Old Republic account! If you do not yet have an account on http://www.StarWarsTheOldRepublic.com, you can create one by clicking the “Sign Up” button at the upper-right corner of the browser window and following the simple steps that follow.

Read More

might scare unwanted visitors..

Then why do they have you check a box when you go to sign up stating:

I agree to pay shipping charges for my prize, and the shipping terms & conditions below, unless otherwise specified in the contest description.

And then below in small print it says:

All winners agree to pay shipping on any prizes granted by Sideshow Collectibles during any contest or giveaway.

Contest description states you will pay either taxes for shipping or the value. So you will only pay on what I just pointed out. You will not pay for the shipping as that is not in the contest description.

I mean no offence to anyone living outside the U.S but the game and the movies were made here after all! If you were a true die hard star wars fan you would move here!

Part of the movies were made outside US, I live a couple of hours away from were the outside scenes of Hoth were filmed! Haven't seen you around here, but several actors and members from the film crew have been here, and some real hardcore fans too! ;) And what about the Tattoine scenes?? You been there?:rolleyes:

Also, the shipping page on their website that some people are referencing has not been updated since 2008. Inflation says hello!

Those aren't even their special rates, that was just a table to try to give you an idea of what you could expect.

Furthermore, that table only gives a base rate as shipping becomes more expensive the further it has to go, and it's coming from California, zip code 91320 on their website. Enjoy!

Still, it's a lot for a statue.. besides why the hell would one want to PAY for PRIZE one has won? it is a prize for love of god, you shouldn't have to pay for a prize you've won...

In the U.S. if you win a prize worth more than $600 you have to pay taxes on it no matter what it is, you win a new car you need to pay 30% of the cash value of it. Do people not pay attention anymore?

Part of the movies were made outside US, I live a couple of hours away from were the outside scenes of Hoth were filmed! Haven't seen you around here, but several actors and members from the film crew have been here, and some real hardcore fans too! ;) And what about the Tattoine scenes?? You been there?:rolleyes:

ok i may be mistaken on a few scenes. but do you guys have a skywalker ranch? does bioware and lucasarts have an HQ there or even better what about george lucas; does he have a home in europe? ALL COULD BE TRUE OR FALSE!