The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

BioWare screwed PvPers...

CLuTcHMaChiiNe

okay so i dont know if its like this for 10-49 pvp but 50 pvp sucks now! you dont get the valor or coms from the medals you have earned. lets not refute the fact that they nerfed the com take in and credit take ins. once you reach 50 pvp is the dominate thing to do after you finish up your dailies...so why is BioWare ruining pvp for all of us fans of it. BioWare i beg you to fix this.

pvp would be better in 1.2 if the players quitting warzones were replaced with better geared players

It might work if each time a player drops out, all the players that stay in despite losing should get a pity medal.

In a losing warzone the losing team will at the very least get 3

Mia plays in a premade group. 1.2 is great for highly skilled premade groups. You can roll through casual pugs all day and accumulate coms quickly and easily, to be converted to ranked wz coms, and ranked wz gear. Easy peasy.

That will work for about a week. Then the casuals will realize that playing wzs and getting a tiny fraction of what the premades get as reward is for suckers. It's not worth their time. It's stupid. You can't win without gear, and you can't gear up b/c you can't win.

Then it's over. Mia will stand around waiting for a q that only rarely pops. She'll move on to another game, and will wonder why SWTOR pvp fell apart.

Mia plays in a premade group. 1.2 is great for highly skilled premade groups. You can roll through casual pugs all day and accumulate coms quickly and easily, to be converted to ranked wz coms, and ranked wz gear. Easy peasy.

That will work for about a week. Then the casuals will realize that playing wzs and getting a tiny fraction of what the premades get as reward is for suckers. It's not worth their time. It's stupid. You can't win without gear, and you can't gear up b/c you can't win.

Then it's over. Mia will stand around waiting for a q that only rarely pops. She'll move on to another game, and will wonder why SWTOR pvp fell apart.

wrong. i play 100% pugs because i would rather deal with sometimes getting steamrolled than deal with having to listen to spoiled brats having fits in vent nonstop.

anyway, last night our pugs beat premades over and over again. lost some too but cant win every match. as i said before, with everyone playing and TRYING to win, pvp is better for everyone, especially pugs. biggest problem with pugs before was, not everyone was playing to win.

cant win without gear? you can buy entry pvp gear now. BM gear is easy to get and no valor req.

wrong. i play 100% pugs because i would rather deal with sometimes getting steamrolled than deal with having to listen to spoiled brats having fits in vent nonstop.

anyway, last night our pugs beat premades over and over again. lost some too but cant win every match. as i said before, with everyone playing and TRYING to win, pvp is better for everyone, especially pugs. biggest problem with pugs before was, not everyone was playing to win.

cant win without gear? you can buy entry pvp gear now. BM gear is easy to get and no valor req.

thats part of the problem. that BM doesnt need Valor, and its only WZ coms now. i dont understand why they BW didnt transfer our Merc coms and BM coms back to WZ coms for us. if they did that i could buy full BM gear right now.

Well said.

Anybody interested in winning a warzone (and not just deathmatching in the middle of the map) is very happy with the changes.

Yeah Mia whatever you say, I believe that you are not in a premade most of the time like I believe pigs will fly. Either that or you have all of the gear you need.

PvP is not Warzones. It's Open World.. *sigh* :mad: Any real PvP player knows that.

Contested Zones would work except they're empty. Bioware needs a way to take all the level fifties that just sit around fleet and put them back in the world. We need the questing out of flashpoints on fleet, and in the world maps so we can run into eachother and fight.

I'm a fan of same faction PvP. Re-using old worlds so 50's have a reason to go back to old planets, and also replubic/empire mission overlap.

Edited by Ekezial

while i do dislike the lacking amount of commodations post 1.2 gives per warzone i fully understand why it is this way now. i enjoyed getting extra comm's for receiving medals as much as everyone else did but that time has passed.

with the new purchase system it would be far too easy to get the 1k warzone comms to purchase the BM chest peice as well as the rest of the set since pre 1.2 getting 1k comms was far too easy.

we get less now to increase our time leveling up our pvp sets instead of getting them quickly and then getting bored of pvp.

sometimes i pug sometimes i do premades and either way it's still fun as long as you and your team play well and actually do the objectives and not just worry about medals.

remember that when someone gives you a mvp vote you get more comms and valor so vote for people at the end of the game and if you do well at least 1 person should give you a vote.

pvp is better in 1.2. not so great for the lazy dopes who dont try to win in WZs. but great for people who do try to win.

Even if you don't win it isn't that terrible as long as you don't just lay down and get completely steamrolled. A close loss can still give enough comms and credits to make the time spent worthwhile.

It is a little tight though, I'm sure it will be looked at if not adjusted at the very least.

Edited by Celebrus

PvP is not Warzones. It's Open World.. *sigh* :mad: Any real PvP players knows that.

Contested Zones would work except they're empty. Bioware needs a way to take all the level fifties that just sit around fleet and put them back in the world. We need the questing out of flashpoints on fleet, and in the world maps so we can run into eachother and fight.

Totally brah.

Any real pvper knows that 3 max level, pvp geared characters, ganking people in their 20s on tatooine is true pvp.

Def man. Def.

Totally brah.

Any real pvper knows that 3 max level, pvp geared characters, ganking people in their 20s on tatooine is true pvp.

Def man. Def.

This is a fact :D

PS: If you want to run warzones with your elite PvP skillz.. you can do that on a PvE server.. let PvP Servers.. PVP!

Edited by Ekezial

Well said.

Anybody interested in winning a warzone (and not just deathmatching in the middle of the map) is very happy with the changes.

Couldn't agree more.

What was so disheartening about Warzones before the patch was when most of your own team gave up and had a picnic.

Made no EFFORT to try and feint, strategise and come up with on the spur plans to actually do anything about it (capturing turrets, passing the ball and planting bombs).

Now there is much more incentive.

On a side issue, I've noticed that a lot of people who claim that PvP/Warzones are ruined never say if they enjoy them, win or lose! Guess there are some that obsess over minutiae, statistics and gear and there are those who just love to play regardless of whether they win or lose.

Bioware fixed PvP for the most part. Complaining about comms and stuff? Well, now that EVERYTHING, PvP gear wise, is easier to get than before so why make it even easier with the same comm rewards. Instead of taking weeks to get full BM, you can now get full BM in less than a couple days if you really tried. War Hero gear is also very easy to get if you have the valor to wear it.

Totally brah.

Def man. Def.

so let me try to understand this...three level 50s gonna chill and kill level 20s? that seems like a douche move.