Official Word on transfering set bonuses?

Perryisjedihalp

I've been looking around on the forums and I've noticed that there are still multiple theories/speculations/rumors regarding the way set bonuses are transferred from PVE/PVP gear to moddable gear.

Is there anyway that we could possibly get some sort of definitive answer, preferably a blue post? Do the set bonuses only transfer with the new gear? Do some of them transfer and some of them not? Is it bugged, is it intentional, 'sup Bioware?

Here's the unofficial word:

Hello everyone - The development team had previously decided to allow all set bonuses from all tiers of raid, hardmode, and PVP gear to be removed and freely transferred to any orange gear that the players would like, giving them the most liberal ability to customize their appearance. However, we then decided that it would be funny AS HELL to troll the community and make only the TOP TIER set bonuses transferrable. Thanks for your money, hope this clear things up a bit!

Hello everyone - The development team had previously decided to allow all set bonuses from all tiers of raid, hardmode, and PVP gear to be removed and freely transferred to any orange gear that the players would like, giving them the most liberal ability to customize their appearance. However, we then decided that it would be funny AS HELL to troll the community and make only the TOP TIER set bonuses transferrable. Thanks for your money, hope this clear things up a bit!

That's what I hear, but I've also been getting different reports of 'yeah my shock gets increased by 5m when I slot these armor mods, woooo, brb lightninglightninglightninglightninglightninglightninglightninglightninglightninglightninglightninglightninglightninglightninglightninglightninglightninglightninglightninglightninglightninglightninglightninglightninglightninglightninglightninglightninglightninglightning'

that was a sorc btw.

I don't think I will ever read anything more funny. My sides hurt.

Is there anyway that we could possibly get some sort of definitive answer, preferably a blue post? Do the set bonuses only transfer with the new gear? Do some of them transfer and some of them not? Is it bugged, is it intentional, 'sup Bioware?

Posted by DavidHunt on 03.21.2012 , 02:52 AM

Link http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=3531734#edit3531734

Currently, Armorings of level 61 or above (new in 1.2) have the set bonus on the armoring.

Items of level 58 or below (existed before 1.2) have the set bonus on the item, not the armoring.

So yeah, the set bonus are only attached to armoring of the new high end gear.

PS: This was mentioned in the Dev Tracker Summary: March 20th, 2012 – March 26th, 2012 too

Edited by lunartic

You know what else is funny? Modifiable belts with armor slots.

all #23+ armoring are bound to the piece of gear they came in (armoring from a Head item must go back into a Head item), that is to say, there is no armoring piece currently in a piece of gear out there that is of Columi/Exotech/Champion quality or above that you can pull out and put it in your belt...which means the armoring modifications you can get on illum/belsavis vendors for daily coms are the highest level armor mod you can have in a modifiable belt atm...

I got trolled as **** doing this when I bought my Exalted legacy belt and spent about 100k in extraction costs messing with different pieces of gear trying to get an armoring piece that would work.

Edited by chillinvillain

You know what else is funny? Modifiable belts with armor slots.

all #23+ armoring are bound to the piece of gear they came in (armoring from a Head item must go back into a Head item), that is to say, there is no armoring piece currently in a piece of gear out there that is of Columi/Exotech/Champion quality or above that you can pull out and put it in your belt...which means the armoring modifications you can get on illum/belsavis vendors for daily coms are the highest level armor mod you can have in a modifiable belt atm...

I got trolled as **** doing this when I bought my Exalted legacy belt and spent about 100k in extraction costs messing with different pieces of gear trying to get an armoring piece that would work.

If you remove the armoring from some high end items, it will bind to that slot (so it can only be transferred from chest to chest).

Again, same thread/link as my post above yours

Again, same thread/link as my post above yours

here's the thing, and you can track this (even through that very post I believe), they make the blow up announcement about transferring set bonus which goes "SWTORiral" then much later clarify (in no major way) which sets bonus' they are talking about. And the armoring thing is 1 line nestled in there.

Totally agree with you on the first part, i was disappointed myself. Gave me the impression that "ALL" armoring will include the set bonus and later backed up and said only the newer armoring will include the bonus. =( But to be fair, they did state early that the armoring are only transferable to similar slots (ie: chest to chest). But yeah wish they included moving set bonuses for all existing pre-1.2 sets too.

Totally agree with you on the first part, i was disappointed myself. Gave me the impression that "ALL" armoring will include the set bonus and later backed up and said only the newer armoring will include the bonus. =( But to be fair, they did state early that the armoring are only transferable to similar slots (ie: chest to chest). But yeah wish they included moving set bonuses for all existing pre-1.2 sets too.

the whole slot bound armoring begs the question to me though: why the hell not either a) make set's belts modifiable or b) why the hell include a modifiable belt in the top end legacy set?

just so so strange.

Yup I moved peices from an unmodified columni head peice to a orange with augment not only did the set bonus not move across but when you link it in chat it always shows the augment slot as empty even though it's occupied. And it cost about 100k moving peices out of the columni which needs to be lowered .. I spent nearly 500k so far just moving mods around lol stupid money. I thought ops repairs was bad !! Yet another crafting thing casually forgotten about.