Carnage vs Anni in pvp, suggestions?

Luceus

And for ranked WZ's, against good healers, Annih DoT's will be removed. I know, because I have a 50 SI Sorc, and I constantly spam cleanse on my teammates as part of my healing rotation... and it's the first thing I spam when attacked by Melee.

This si what I'm using as a carnage spec. http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#100bcZhGMRRrbdGzZG.1

im new to pvp so im in everything recruit minus ear and two implants that are BM. my normal rotation is charge, battering assult, gore, massacre, and ravage. sometimes i'll use force choke and then canc it right before so first part of ravage hits. all depends tho.

Hm? Carnage get predation bonus at 1.2

Yes that's why I concluded you were talking about the situation post-1.2. This is a bit different to what went before IMHO, as dps are clearly in a stronger position re healers and tanks than they were (except ops/scoundrels perhaps)

As for any dps can solo healers, you must be playing against a very bad healers. Other situation is when there're 2 healers and, let's say, tank guarding one you assisting. With Carnage you won't be able to kill healer and your interrupts (single 8/sec disruption) is not enough to not let him heal. With annihilation you completely lock it down having second healer to heal just him and tank.

Again, if we are talking post-1.2, there was a strange effect on Thursday after the patch where dps was spiking very high and everyone was much more squishy than before. That now seems to have corrected itself but I don't pretend to understand what went on. That's why I said healers seemed to be in big trouble at the time.

I play against some bad healers, which I could solo before 1.2, and some amazing ones who could survive three competent dps focussing them. My point was that Carnage maras are effective at locking down and killing healers. It makes sense to me that Annihilation maras might be slightly better at this with their extra interrupts. But Carnage are still viable in this role.

Edited by Orielensis

And for ranked WZ's, against good healers, Annih DoT's will be removed. I know, because I have a 50 SI Sorc, and I constantly spam cleanse on my teammates as part of my healing rotation... and it's the first thing I spam when attacked by Melee.

Cleanse is your most Force-efficient heal against Anni Marauders, far and away, provided you have great timing/luck. No doubt about it.

I'm not overly concerned about RWZs making Anni Marauders useless, because forcing you to use up to 33% of your GCDs on cleanses rather than heals is highly useful in and of itself.

If the threat of the damage DOTs could apply is causing major changes to a healer's game in a way that benefits my team (in the form of more cleanses and fewer heals cast), I'm totally fine with not topping a damage chart.

If the threat of the DOTs isn't high enough to spam cleanse, then individual high-value targets are taking piles more damage.

Either way, I win. Woo for metagame!