How are you liking the new Tracer Missile Animation?

Galbatorrix

By now, most of us have spammed it a few times and I was wondering if you like the change? Also, were you for or against the change before?

Personally, I like it. I was for it before, because the animations for Tracer and Fusion always seemed reversed to me anyway and the new animation just looked much better when spammed. I also like that they kept the old animation as well, because I did like it. I just didn't think it looked good when spammed.

You thoughts after actually trying it out?

Boring. The new animation and target of target has killed arsenal for me; the play style and lack of variation in abilities and animations means I am not even going to respec to arsenal for pve anymore. Edited by Diddley

I won't be using Arsenal again anymore either due to the animation switch. I loved the old animation and I posted rather passionately against the change here on the forums, warning against catering to a vocal minority biased towards negativity. The only reason people ever posted anything on the forums was to complain about something, while the people who were happy with the way things were, were too busy enjoying the game.

I won't be using Arsenal again anymore either due to the animation switch. I loved the old animation and I posted rather passionately against the change here on the forums, warning against catering to a vocal minority biased towards negativity. The only reason people ever posted anything on the forums was to complain about something, while the people who were happy with the way things were, were too busy enjoying the game.

Though I agree somewhat with what you're saying, I enjoyed the old animation for TM. But I also enjoyed the animation for Fusion Missile, so now i just see them a bit differently. It just seems more logical that my BH would put the TM on his wrist as he uses it a lot, while the fusion missile be on the back to be used only when needed. I was never even aware that there was a "public outcry" of some sort over the animation before, but now that I'm playing with the change, I do like it.

And I can always just throw a fusion missile into rotation if I'm feeling a bit nostalgic...

I was against the change for the sake of change to unnecessary things with so many real issues that need to be worked on, but I agree after looking at the animations they did seem like they were reversed. I miss the old animation because when it crit, it felt like a "OH SWEET JESUS" massive explosion, but the new animation is much smarter for a filler move. Heatseeker and unload should be the impressive animations, and heatseeker definitely is.

tl;dr im ok with it but was against it

I always thought it was weird that the two animations were the way they were. Using fusion missile, your arm came up and drew a laser bead on a target while a little holo-aiming reticle appeared. That spells aim and precision, or 'tracing' the target to me. Using tracer missile, otoh, had the BH bending over while his jetpack visibly belched fire and heated up a missile. Heat = fusion. The logic of reassigning the animations seems sound.