No warning about wz commendation price jack up? Thanks Bioware... not!

rjkishida

I don't have all the numbers in front of me right now, but there has been a huge increase in the cost of weapons and armor that could be bought with warzone commendations. For players shooting for Battlemaster gear I guess that makes sense (1500 commendations for the Battlemaster weapon? really? Am I supposed to live for PVP now?).

But some of the costs seem pretty extreme for level 14/24/34 weapons and level 20 armor. 900 warzone commendations for a level 14 weapon?

With most under 20s lose because they don't have enough abilities and are not familiar enough with how PVP works. Of course there are alts and people who are with their guildies, I'm talking about the PUG people.

With the rewards for loss about 0, this means that most new players will see from 15 to 40 commendations per match (more for winners of course). Let's assume (yes a bad thing but it makes the math easier) the person can get 8 medals per match even though they lose (really good luck with that though). 900/40 = 22.5 (rounding up to 23) matches needed to get a level 14 weapon (or indeed any of the PVP 14/24/34/38/42/46 weapons).

I don't mind seeing level 40 and up people grind for their stuff. I mean they have to do something right? But does anyone else see this as pretty stupid for a low level item? Only one? There are entire sets of level 20 stuff that are pretty decent. It would probably take living in PVP from level 10 to 50 to afford to pay for the level 20 set.

Would it be a terrible thing to lower the cost of the lower level stuff? Or does Bioware want PVP to be a sideshow that no one does?

Actually they are trying to kill pvp in this game so they can focus only on pve.

No joke.Thats have to be the reason.Even the epic fail pvp devs at Cryptic have

not done the huge mistakes the devs here have done.And now they are killing

pvp even more with the latest patch.

It is clear they know nothing on good gameplay or how to keep pvp community happy.

One of the reason Rift lost HUGE numbers in the player base was over the fail pvp

balance thing they did a few months in after launch.And now swtor is doing the same.

For the second time. The PvP hell grind in swtor will do no good.

Edited by Lord_Karsk

all i have to say is this 340 helmet this is a level 20 one and new price for it 540 yea and if you lose on warzone you will love it it can take 1 day before you get 1 head by the time you get your helmet you be going to sleep or to work theres no way you can get 540 points from 0 on this new system in time wow and i hate the game whit all my balls is lest grinding then this thes how bad this is and like you guys up there say i wont be suprise if what they doing is to kill the pvp they them self say it they never had pvp they all nerds at bioware love to fight boss fights the do that same **** over and over again and think thes fun

Please ignore this post. Your post is readable, that is what matters.

thank you and i say it like this then No reward if you lose gear price increase and went i say increase i mean they took it to all new level

old helmet 340 new helmet same level 544 yea and i feal sorry for thos players who have no coms and they have to grind it cuz god it will take you all day to get 1 or 2 pieces if you can get 2 cuz if your team lose over and over and over you will be punish for nothing and will get nothing coms wise some time you get 30coms thes it othere times 0:eek:

Yes it scales rather poorly imo.

What i even find to be more funny is the speeder cost. They lower training 100k but jack up the speeders to an insane amount, Example: before 1.2 training was like 320k or something around that number and the xeno praxo was 99k, Now training is 220k the speeder is 300k, and the scythe was 55k pre 1.2 now its 200k +... What was the point of even changing this?

The new prices do not make any sense at all. The gear was already overpriced for what it offered, now it's completely useless. Coupled with the credit reward reduction and the harsh reduction in rewards for the losing side of a WZ this patch is hurting PvP a lot.

haven't noticed the mentioned price jack of the actual gear coz I am a little above the lvl 20 stuff being worthwhile (lvl 27 on the alt that is now gun be my main alt if that makes any sense). What I DID notice is that WZmedpacks and WZadrenals have now DOUBLED!!!!! in price to 20 tokens per.

This is absoulute FKN BULL SHIZZNIT!!!! WZ coms are now the main currency you use to buy gear, meaning every single one is important. the main way you got gear before was the bags from the weeklies/dailies, meaning you could spare some to keep yourself supplied with expendables.

Now they have removed said bags, nerfed the rate you gain comms, somewhat nerfed the rate you can use the medpacks (can't use another one until you get out of combat, meaning in alderaan in a slugfest for mid you might nvr get to use a second one unless you die) but still for some reason thought DOUBLING their price was fkn reasonable??!!! SOMEONE SLAP THESE GUYS!!!

Also, just to add insult to injury, no mention of this was in the patch notes??! that is totally unaceptable!! IF THE CHANGE IS MADE FKN TELL US YOUR GUN DO IT YOU FKN FKTARDS!!!!! I rly don't think its too much to ask that every single little change you make and how and by how much you changed it is documneted is too much to ask.

The price changes on the lower end gear, were pretty much uncalled for. A lot of new players PvP'd to get those level 20 implants and moddable armor pieces, and sometimes their first new weapon model. The prices should have been tiered, just like warzones should have been tiered, like was suggested during the beta. Warzones should have had 3 tiers minimum. Level 10-33, as they had no equipment with an expertise bonus available, and many of the more powerful abilities aren't available yet. Level 34-49, should have their own tier, they have access to weapons/gear with expertise, can actually make use of the warzone adrenals that boost expertise, should be familiar with the PvP arenas, and have access to their higher level abilities. And then the level 50's have their own playground. Unfortunately, many servers don't have enough players PvPing to do this. And with the changes I am seeing now, it's going to turn off more players from PvPing than drawing them in. For that matter, many servers, don't have enough players left on them, to even try to get some PvP in.

What i even find to be more funny is the speeder cost. They lower training 100k but jack up the speeders to an insane amount, Example: before 1.2 training was like 320k or something around that number and the xeno praxo was 99k, Now training is 220k the speeder is 300k, and the scythe was 55k pre 1.2 now its 200k +... What was the point of even changing this?

Cost of your first speeder remains the same, speeders there after are most costly as they're just for show boating, you got the practicality from your first mount, the new mounts don't do anything more. Call it luxary tax.

Stop losing.

900 comms is 9-10 wins instead of 23 losses.

Is THAT all it takes?!?!!? Wow, what a revelation!!! You are so right, I will not lose any more games from here on out, why didn't I think of that!!!

And because I am 1 person, and there are 7 others on the team, I am sure that my single contribution and positive thinking of not losing any more will carry the day!!

Oh but wait, what if there is a player on the OTHER team that also is stopping losing?? Oh crap, what happens then? Does it then go by who prays the hardest?? If G*d is for us, who could be against us??

What an original and well thought out reply.... stop losing.