**** bioware

squeak

its really nice how they give you 30 free days off game playing for buying the game but its a pain in the butt that u have to put in ur card info to play so u can play but even tho that u get none off the things everyone else gets Thanks bioware.

when i was playing wow even the first month i was giving everything they gave everyone else its just amazing how much stuff is in fine print with this game its not even funny even with my account info already to go to subscribe to the game. But whatever i guess iv got 1 more day i may just be pulling it off and quiting.

its really nice how they give you 30 free days off game playing for buying the game but its a pain in the butt that u have to put in ur card info to play so u can play but even tho that u get none off the things everyone else gets Thanks bioware.

SPecifics about the things you are missing, or this will just be labelled a miserable attempt at a QQ thread in the wrong discussion forum.

As for the "Active subscription required to play the game" element that you are complaining about, the ToS, the blurb on the Origin web site (if you buy one of the electronic versions), or the box (if you buy a physical copy) means exactly that, and it is pretty clear - install, register, activate your sub, and the first 30 days is free. It is not the MMO industry's fault that you do not read the agreements or contracts you enter into.

not sure what you mean. you have everything i have minus what i got for PRE ordering the game (and you can still aquire the yellow color crystal from the pvp vendor), and minus what those recieved for the CE version (which you didnt get in wow either unless you bought one of the 4 collectors editions they produced)

if your referring to what we recieved as far as another 30days of free service. its a loyalty reward for those of us that have been playing faithfully for so long.

you havent exactly explained anything about what you are NOT getting in the game over others.

and no. you either had to put in a time card or your CC to wow to get the first 30 days.

Edited by Paitryn

not sure what you mean. you have everything i have minus what i got for PRE ordering the game (and you can still aquire the yellow color crystal from the pvp vendor), and minus what those recieved for the CE version (which you didnt get in wow either unless you bought one of the 4 collectors editions they produced)

if your referring to what we recieved as far as another 30days of free service. its a loyalty reward for those of us that have been playing faithfully for so long.

you havent exactly explained anything about what you are NOT getting in the game over others.

and no. you either had to put in a time card or your CC to wow to get the first 30 days.

Odd, i've been playing since day one of EA and i didnt get free time....

If he is referring to the 30 free days I'd have to agree. I have several 40's that I've only been doing wz's on saving up for gear and ranking up valor. Yet due to this careful nature I'm being denied this gift.

All because I didn't just rush ahead to 50....I can't recall the last time I have been this irritated.

Thats the standard MMO practice. Same for when i bought WOW, SWG, COH, EVE online being an exception.

that and F2P games.

That's because the guys and gals at EVE have been doing it for nearly 9 years now. They know the ins and outs, and they leave it up to the customer to re-sub at the end of their 30 free days.

EVE is one of those rare MMOs where they tend to get things right. They know exactly what their servers can handle. They make damn certain of their patches before they release them, and they very rarely nerf anything. Mostly they will buff ships instead to balance gameplay.

This IS BioWare's FIRST MMO, so they have fallen into the "nerf trap", as I like to call it, that so many others have fallen into before. It's a shame, really. They'll come around eventually, but this is Star Wars. If they don't come around soon, even the most fanatical Star Wars nuts will be jumping ship. Oh, and EVE IS F2P if you can make enough ISK ingame to Plex. It's how I keep my account there active. :D

Edited by Captain_Zone

SPecifics about the things you are missing, or this will just be labelled a miserable attempt at a QQ thread in the wrong discussion forum.

As for the "Active subscription required to play the game" element that you are complaining about, the ToS, the blurb on the Origin web site (if you buy one of the electronic versions), or the box (if you buy a physical copy) means exactly that, and it is pretty clear - install, register, activate your sub, and the first 30 days is free. It is not the MMO industry's fault that you do not read the agreements or contracts you enter into.

it's already a miserable attempt at QQ....

I am currently on holiday, log in to check my hotmail, see that SWTOR giving me 30 days free gametime.

I am thankful for this, and this game is great fun to play. My son plays the game, I would not allow him to play EVE Online, as EVE is just a ruthless non-caring game where players are quite frankly BEEP BEEP holes and wind up merchants.

I rarely visit the forums, but I just had to leave a message of support for SWTOR. The game is fun, the people in the game seem a lot more chilled than in EVE Online.

I see other people moaning on these forums about the 1.2 patch, why, give it a chance, I can not play the game until I am back from my holiday, but I know this, I am on SWTOR for the long haul, as it is not just about PVP and what items one has as to why I play SWTOR.

I guess my only moan, if it is a moan, is when I made a reusable 104 endurance stim, that I can not put them to market unless the user has Biochem 300 or something like that,haha, which was a bit of an annoyance. But other than that, so what, there are so many other things to do, like helping friends level up, like the flashpoints, building a guild with old SWG friends, etc, etc.

Advice is CHILL.

Ta

FatEdd.

PS, Brazil is great :p.

Hello everyone!

We do appreciate feedback, both positive and negative. However, we also ask that this feedback be constructive. This post goes into more detail about what we're looking for in feedback and how to make sure your feedback is constructive and helpful.

With that in mind, we're closing this thread now. If you would like to discuss the 30-day subscription-free period, please post your thoughts in the thread linked below:

Should have given 30 days to everyone subbed since release

Thank you for understanding and helping us make sure that the forums are as constructive and helpful as possible!