The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Should have given 30 days to everyone subbed since release

Loxone

You just don't get it do you? This isn't about $15 dollars. It's about the fact that some customers are being singled out and rewarded as 'most valued' customers on a purely arbitrary measure. One, incidently, that has no relation to how much support (for which read subscription) they have actually given Bioware.

^ This, exactly this.

All The Best

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I've noticed that unlike other MMOs I've played in the past SWTOR has a high number of players who, like myself, are adults with minimal game time. We have jobs, spouses, mortgages, children, etc... and simply don't have the opportunity to play as much as we'd like, as much as we would if we were single or kids living at home. This doesn't mean we care less, or are less invested in the characters we play or the time we do spend in game. If I didn't need to work a full time job or have a house to clean I'd sure as hell have at least two level 50s. (If this was WoW I would have them for sure... even with the job, etc.. LOL. Sorry, totally beside the point there...) But I have been taking my time since the pre-launch. Exploring, questing, immersing myself in the storylines and appreciating the depth that Bioware is famous for. Yes, I do realize $15 isn't that big of a deal, but it's not the amount of money; it's the implication that I am somehow of lesser value because I don't have a level 50 and I don't care about end game content even a tiny bit, not yet anyway. I'm stopping to smell the roses, and after years of Baldur's Gate and Dragon Age that's what I expect from Bioware. Some damn fine roses to smell... not generic MMO BS. I'm not cancelling my sub, and in general am not one to complain - I figure bugs will get fixed, issues addressed, Rome wasn't built in a day, etc.... But I don't like to feel second-classed by a company I'm being loyal to.

Loyalty to the franchaise and being a valued customer to BW by purchasing their product - oh wait, according to BW they're not.

If someone has so much RL as to not have lvl 50 in 4 months then he / she hardly even plays the game anyway. Why buy it then?

It's most definitely aimed at the rated WZ crew. They realize that a lot of 50's re-subbed on the promise of rated WZs. This is their "hey - we didn't mean to trick you; so here is your money back" band-aid.

Your probably right, but it's such a blinkered action and it's just amazing they didn't seem to realise how much of a middle finger to half their playerbase this would be.

So you only have to do each part of Ilum once?

class story ends on Ilum at level 50. What you do from there is your problem. For all I care you can sit in whatever gear you got so far and retire that avatar.. but it WILL be a level 50.

No repeat daily grinds?

not pertaining to having an actual level 50. Dailies start AFTER.

Just do it all once, just like every other stage of my class quests.

Just once for any character. It will open the dailies, but not the other way around.

No, thought not.

It's a grind, disguised enough to fool some people.

HOW you get to level 50 is your problem. Not the point of this thread

All The Best

try again, please. better yet.. speak when you actually know what about.

Edited by Styxx

I'm sorry but being level 50 does add value for bioware as their customer in this game.

Why?

Because at level 50 you can provide feedback about their endgame.

Let me give some examples.

My guildmate that has a lvl 50 asin, operative, and juggernaut

Can talk the devs ear off about what it's like to play those classes concerning: operations, hard modes, post 50 pvp, daily missions, clipping issues with level 50 gear, the rate at which you get pve and pvp gear, repair bills for gear over rating 124, etc.

People with level 50 characters are capable of giving the devs one of the most valuable resources they need to make the game better and that's endgame feedback.

Until giving endgame feedback at level 45 is possible, a person with a level 50 character with an active will be more valuable to the longevity of the game than someone with just an active subscription.

It's kinda weird that they give out this free month. They literally throwing away 10 million Dollars. I wonder if that was the brightest idea. The loyal customers are those who stick to your game even in bad times, not those who have reached a certain level.

They should stop their marketing approaches like silly videos about how to create a character or appearance at comic cons etc. A good product doesn't need marketing it lives through word of mouth.

Rather use this 10 million $ to employ some more people to fix bugs, implement in new races or other new content.

Your analogy doesn't work. They are basing it on her age. If they based it on account age, there wouldn't be an issue.

Replace age...with level.

So, what is the problem?

My mother has obtained level 63, I am only level 33.

Why is it fair for her to get a discount, but not me? I eat at a certain restaurant since it opened. She only started going there a few months ago. I should be the more valuable customer.

But she gets a discount...and I do not.

Clearly businesses only value senior citizens and not the rest of us.

You just don't get it do you? This isn't about $15 dollars. It's about the fact that some customers are being singled out and rewarded as 'most valued' customers on a purely arbitrary measure. One, incidently, that has no relation to how much support (for which read subscription) they have actually given Bioware.

It was a gift. Having a level 50 was the requirement (this time). Could they have made different requirements? Sure, but then people would still complain. They can't give it to everyone because that would be stupid. So this is what they came up with.

Just because you didn't get it (this time), does not mean you're not valued. It just means you didn't meet the requirements (this time). Just be patient they will do it again for another reason. :)

It's kinda weird that they give out this free month. They literally throwing away 10 million Dollars. I wonder if that was the brightest idea. The loyal customers are those who stick to your game even in bad times, not those who have reached a certain level.

They should stop their marketing approaches like silly videos about how to create a character or appearance at comic cons etc. A good product doesn't need marketing it lives through word of mouth.

Rather use this 10 million $ to employ some more people to fix bugs, implement in new races or other new content.

Sorry - every product needs marketing.

:mad:

As the thread title states. I have been subbed to SWTOR since pre-release and rarely complained about any of the decisions the devs had made but the free 30 days has been done wrong if you ask me.

Just because my playstyle (I have a lvl 48 and a bunch of alts) I don't get the 30 free days?

Bioware is offering 30 free days to anyone that has a lvl 50 no matter how long they've supported the game and they are also offering 6 days to the people that stopped subbing to the game, but nothing for those of us that either don't play as much or make a bunch of alts or both.

I realize that very few of you forum goers fall into this category but I think most of you will agree that in addition to those with level 50 characters, all accounts that have been subbed since release deserve the free 30 days as well.

It's ironic that this is the first thing Bioware has done that makes me want to cancel my sub and show my appreciation right back to Bioware.

So, what is the problem?

Why is it fair for her to get a discount, but not me? I eat at a certain restaurant since it opened. She only started going there a few months ago. I should be the more valuable customer.

Yes but you will eventually be 60 and qualify, if bioware had said as soon as you hit 50 you get a free month no one would be complaining.

This is a one off and that's the problem

Edited by WitchDrAsh

So, what is the problem?

Exactly

her age was requirement to receive discount despite the age 33(lvl 33) might went there more times.

Played since beta, full time student/worker.

get about maybe 16 hours a week to play, at most.

I have 3 level 50s a level 44, 5 level 30s, and a few new alts to mess with on another server.

If you don't have a 50, you are doing something wrong.

wrong in your opinion, and your way of playing. why do we all have to confomr to the view that if we dont have a level 50 by now we shouldnt be here, or we are playing wrong, or w/e. your playstyle is yours, mine is mine. im not bashing on your playstyle, im displeased with bioware telling me your playstyle is more valued than mine

i may not have a level 50, but ive done plenty in my gaming time. do you realise how much time you can waste simply by crafting? or datacron hunting. simply wandering and exploring?

then theres the actual useful stuff like jumping on the PTR before a patch is released live to help ensure its in the best possible state (yes they ignore us, yes things are still broken, but hey, we do try our hardest to get the bugs fixed and found) that can use up a lot of free time. rerolling to catch the lower stuff, using another higher character to check later stuff, not getting to 50 cause still playing on live server.

then ofc theres the staggered release. aussies got the game later, some imported. i ahve several characters on a US server, then when oceanic was announced, moved to there to continue play at an optimal latency.

so aside from all that, jobs, family, general mood at RL issues, tv, your neighbour killing their dog in the middle of the night, the eggs in the fridge being off... you know stuff. it gets in the way.

when i play a game its for entertainment and escape. so i take my time and enjoy the damn thing. dont tell me im wrong for not grinding to the end and then sitting down and crying cause there isnt anything to do

It was a gift. Having a level 50 was the requirement (this time). Could they have made different requirements? Sure, but then people would still complain. They can't give it to everyone because that would be stupid. So this is what they came up with.

Just because you didn't get it (this time), does not mean you're not valued. It just means you didn't meet the requirements (this time). Just be patient they will do it again for another reason. :)

amen 5char