Operative Concealment Tree - Energy Consumption

TalonKorr

I think anyone who's playing the class right now knows where I'm going with this. I'm cool with the increased CD on Backstab, I'm ok with all the other minor damage nerfs. I guess I can live without the chuckle for gaining a Tactical Advantage, thought I'd much prefer not. To the matter at hand, I think there's been some overboarding regarding energy consumption for Concealment. There is no endurance past about 10-15 seconds of being out of stealth in combat.

Thoughts? Concerns? Constructive Criticism?

I haven't noticed a difference at all. The lowered cost on Lacerate seemed to offset all the other energy changes, esp. since I use lacerate more than any other ability when cycling it on a poisoned target. Also remember that less backstabs means less acid blades, this is also an increase in general energy available. In general I've not noticed much of a difference if any in energy consumption.

I'm noticing an INCREASE in my energy consumption. backstab costing 5 energy offsets the lower cost in laceration.

Also, the increased cost of acid blade hurts too when backstab is used. It makes the effective cost of backstab 20 energy.

They also reduced our stim boost regen bonus by .5, I know your saying that isn't much but I am missing it severely.

I'm noticing an INCREASE in my energy consumption. backstab costing 5 energy offsets the lower cost in laceration.

Also, the increased cost of acid blade hurts too when backstab is used. It makes the effective cost of backstab 20 energy.

They also reduced our stim boost regen bonus by .5, I know your saying that isn't much but I am missing it severely.

You should be doing 2 Lacerates to 1 Backstab except during the opener when you need to roll Stimboost. That's a net savings of 5 energy. If its a PvP opener, its just a net savings of 2 energy. With the increased cooldown on backstab, it effectively reduces the cost of acid blade by 25% which should roughly put acid blade's energy consumption exactly where it used to be, leaving you with the 5 net savings on lacerate only being mitigated by the loss .5 loss to regen. I'm guessing that people are being hypersensitive about their operatives at the moment (I do it too) since the new patch changed mechanics noticeably.

Edited by Russlem

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.