The Fatman 40min Q time

Dekane

I find it funny then when everyone complained about their servers dying, the people on the full servers told us to reroll or quit.

Now we rerolled to their server, and they don't like it. So guess what? Reroll to a lesser population server or quit.

Haha, exactly this. Just go through any of the "Population dropping!" threads and everyone says to reroll to one of the 4 main servers of which Fatman is one of them. Everyone went there because they didn't know any other servers that would grow. If everyone picked another standard server then it would basically just be musical chairs, everyone changes locations, but the size stays the same.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Wrong Answer. These issues are being caused because people are re-rolling onto the busiest servers.

Why should people who have played on them since day one be forced off?

obviously going to ancorhead isnt the solution. shouldnt have to point that out but i did. read the rest of my posts. the problem isnt the fault of people re rolling. the problem is that they have to re roll at all

sorry but it is necessary to crowd the fatman until bioware realizes the severity of the server situation.

i'd feel bad for you, but i honestly just don't.

Id switch servers if they gave me what i really want a FFA server. Id like to so you refugee how to really grief people. Dont join a full server cause your server was trash

Im so pissed i cant even type right.

Edited by Dekane

Id switch servers if they gave me what i really want a FFA server. Id like to so you refugee how to really grief people. Dont join a full server cause your server was trash

sorry but i can hardly understand what you are talking about.

regards,

darth gao gao

This.

I have a bad feeling that The Fatman will be the only server that actually has people. Everyone will probably leave their servers to start over on ours.

Got the exact same problme in Europe on Tomb of Freedom Nadd.

40 minute queues on a Thursday night. Gonna be hours over the weekend.

Problem is that the system, as implemented, isn't working. Bioware need to come up with a far more creative solution to the issue, though I really don't know how they can with the technology as implemented.

I've always had the pleasure of a well populated server, but now it is over populated. I feel for those that are on low pop servers, but it would make far more sense for them all to re-roll onto a single low pop server and make a new high pop server that way, rather than hitting an already busy server and causing the queues.

Unfortnately that degree of user coordination is unlikely to happen.

I like all of the features added.. (except for this worrysome, disclaimer-ridden combat log -- A WORRY FREE COMBAT LOG IS STANDARD IN AN MMO - IT'S NOT HARD, I JUST DON'T UNDESTAND GAHH--)

Aside from my rage over their inability to make an easy to manage combat log, I truly can't comprehend how there is a 50 minute queue time on my only server.. not to mention all of the legacy perks are only available on your main's server. Not much incentive to play at all. I'm truly disappointed with how this is turning out, after waiting months for the "real release" (a game isn't finished until it has a combat log...*cough*)

Im so pissed i cant even type right.

FFA = Free For All PvP???

That would either be completely awesome or a complete nightmare, not sure which...

Started in the queue on Fatman at 600ish people in front of me.

Maybe the problem isn't too many people but the server can't handle enough at one time?

Is this normal load for servers on other Subscription-based MMORPGs?

the problem is bio is filtering the server like they did for all servers at launch. trying to make sure the population went out nice and even.

your server can likely handle double the people. but that would mean many more dead servers and they dont want that. so they "mark" you as full...when your not. so people see a 40 min Q and think...i'll jutst make a toon on this hear lighter server

the problem is bio is filtering the server like they did for all servers at launch. trying to make sure the population went out nice and even.

your server can likely handle double the people. but that would mean many more dead servers and they dont want that. so they "mark" you as full...when your not. so people see a 40 min Q and think...i'll jutst make a toon on this hear lighter server

But the problem exists for the people who only have characters on this server because that's the server they started playing on. There should be some sort of privilege system for the people who actually began on the server they're trying to log in on.

And they introduce the Legacy System which only works for your characters on one server. It's ***-backwards.

Agreed. I am number 668 in que.... They better do something soon.

Do what? Delete people's characters? Tell them to go back to dead servers? Looks like your choices are:

A: Deal with it

B: Quit

C: Cry on the forums

Those are you options. Choose wisely :D

But the problem exists for the people who only have characters on this server because that's the server they started playing on. There should be some sort of privilege system for the people who actually began on the server they're trying to log in on.

And they introduce the Legacy System which only works for your characters on one server. It's ***-backwards.

This would be really nice

Do what? Delete people's characters? Tell them to go back to dead servers? Looks like your choices are:

A: Deal with it

B: Quit

C: Cry on the forums

Those are you options. Choose wisely :D

I pick C. cry for 40min until i can get in the game.

its everyones problem. and i half agree with your legacy comment. i have 6 50's now. and only 2 of them i play with becuase 4 are on dead servers. that extra legacy would be nice. its not the peoples fault who picked a server that ended up dead. its unlucky for you and them. you dont want to wait 40 min(nor do they) and they dont want to be soling dailes because the npc's are they only ones there to play with.

I would be less annoyed about the queue times if I didn't dc within half an hour of getting in. 45 minute wait, log in, one warzone, DC. 45 minute wait, log in, half a warzone, DC in warzone. Halfway through my third queue of the day.

This is pretty much a daily occurrence, and it's incredibly frustrating. I'd happily abandoned my sent, go somewhere else, replay the sith warrior story (specifically act 1) for the fifth time... if there was another high pop server. I'd consider playing an mmo on a medium pop. Definitely not a low pop. My previous server started hemorrhaging players around level 40. Finished leveling and unsubbed for two months. Came back, this was the only high pop server, so I started leveling my level 5 Jedi I made after looking for a group for days for any 40+ FP or HM. And I was a tank.

I'm not interested in looking for a group for hours. Or sitting in a PVP queue for even longer. Definitely not these 4v8 and 6v8 games I'm hearing about. Until they implement cross server battle grounds and LFG tools, everyone is just going to keep pouring in.

The only real way to solve this immediately IMO is to offer free server transfers, but only to a handful of servers. Let the people that aren't sweating the low pops stay, and let everyone else move, for free, to another server. Maybe one PVE, one PVP, and one RP server. Three might even be too many. Long term, they need to collapse at least 50% of the servers and move everyone elsewhere.

This game would do exponentially better if Bioware would realize that 15 medium pop servers is far superior to one full server and 99 dead ones. They're at the point now where people are rerolling from Europe to play on Fatman, because it's basically the biggest in the world. To refugees, this means it'll be around longer. To the people already here, it's incredibly frustrating.

Sorry for the wall of text, just my two cents... Soon to be my $15/mo back in my pocket.