Battlemaster mods, enhancements, etc.

Frankee

Hello!

I'm not huge PVE guy, but I am valor 70 wtih full BM gear that converted over to 1.2 patch. I don't know any of the quests that give good items for BH's.

I'm wondering if anyone can point me to possibly better enhancements and mods and stuff for our gear, if there are any? Or probably don't want to use them in PvP because of loss of expertise? In that case, if we wanted to change item mods, we'd have to find them from different PvP sets? Seems kinda lame now to not have the customization due to expertise being locked into the individual slot parts.

Still, I'd like to know where relevant quests are that grant purple parts for our class stats (aim, power, crit, etc.) I can probably use them to customize PvE gear.

Previously I filled my stuff with Illum daily quest enhancements for crit (a while back) but for 2 months its been bugged for me and I can't repeat it.

Do new Corellia dailies give anything we like? I just don't want to go scour planets for days looking for things that may not be there.

Thanks

Edited by Frankee

Not really though, the daily Illum mission "poisonous strategy" gave a purple enhancement that was awesome to put into Champion gear to gain Crit/Surg, the quest gave a selection of 4 enhancements I believe. I did the quest 5 times before it was bugged for me and Customer Service will not help me.

Just wondering if there are other quests out there that drop purple 50-58 enhancements or mods we can use to customize gear. Yes, operations, but I'd rather not have to farm those for a month, I'm a PvP guy.

In 1.2 do NOT put pve enhancements into your pvp gear as you will lose a lot of the expertise bonus and the changes will therefore cancel eachother out in terms of dps, and you will lose the benefits of increased healing and dmg reduction. It also costs close to 40k to remove mods in any case.

The best thing to do is to grind your way through rated wz comms until you can buy the war hero gear which has surge on it already. Unfortunately no BM gear has surge on it anymore but as the playing field has been leveled with gear stats it is not such a big deal. With base level BM gear my 65% surge hits like my 75% pre-1.2

And poisonous strategy gives dog level 51 mods afaik which are garbage for champ or bm gear. Get yourself raiding so you can get Columi gear. Buy agent gear for the power/surge/crit enhancements if you can't get Rakata.

Edited by Diddley

In 1.2 do NOT put pve enhancements into your pvp gear as you will lose a lot of the expertise bonus and the changes will therefore cancel eachother out in terms of dps, and you will lose the benefits of increased healing and dmg reduction. It also costs close to 40k to remove mods in any case.

The best thing to do is to grind your way through rated wz comms until you can buy the war hero gear which has surge on it already. Unfortunately no BM gear has surge on it anymore but as the playing field has been leveled with gear stats it is not such a big deal.

Exactly so how do you customize now?

I guess its just kind of lame now. Not only did they say we'd get gear customization by swapping pieces to orange crit gear, then they postponed it. But now they put Expertise on all the individual slots, so you can't customize your stats anymore in PvP. So what, the PvE guys are free to play around? Thanks.

Lame!

Edited by Frankee

Exactly so how do you customize now?

You don't. You suck it up, enjoy the damage you get in 1.2 full BM gear, which is excellent btw, and grind yourself to WH sets. The eliminator boots have surge on them - get them first.

I guess its just kind of lame now. Not only did they say we'd get gear customization by swapping pieces to orange crit gear, then they postponed it. But now they put Expertise on all the individual slots, so you can't customize your stats anymore in PvP. So what, the PvE guys are free to play around? Thanks.

Lame!

You can still remove all the mods out of your BM gear and move it into crit-crafted orange gear with an augment slot. I believe this does not retain the tier bonuses though and costs over 100k to remove them. So a set including blasters will cost you around 800k with no bonuses. Basically not worth it for a small increase. Maybe just one minor piece i.e legs or head which can be hidden and both blasters though. Depends how far you are willing to go.

Edited by Diddley