WZ Medals as a Merc Healer

Sun-Tzu

Using a L50 alt with recruit gear in wz's post 1.2 and struggling to get more than 2-3 medals per wz. Achieving about 150k-200k heals on average. Anyone else finding this? Had no problems pre 1.2. Had a couple of wz's where because I get less than 3 medals, I got nothing so was a waste of time. If it stays like this, I'll just spec dps.

Had no problem as a Sorc DPS in full BM gear. I'm an above average healer (though nobetter as I'm still new to the class) and I'd expect to be doing much better. I am not doing much in the way of dps but it feels like I'm not getting any defensive or offensive medals either...or any for 10 kills...

I personally do find in all warzones but the new one. That is unless I'm just defending or the other team is really weak it's very likely I'll get 3 medals only.

Which in fact happened with the 3 I did today, netting me 0 everything.

You need to play for objectives more. Not knocking your playing but you could be just out of the area for defense medals for example. If you are just holding mid in Huttball I don't think you get the same benefits.

Most of my toons are healer hybrids for levelling, not fully healers, so I just hybrid in PVP too, heals when it is needed, interrupt, stun, knockback when that is needed and stick to the ball/door, which is always needed.

Didn't have problems before and have no problems now getting my medals on any of my classes - since I get them for defending, healing, damaging, kills etc.