Grav Round ... delay?

Jedi_Kaysha

Ok, so we had some nerfs slapped on the Commando this patch. I am not going to argue about the good or bad of them, but I did notice one thing that is annoying the heck out of me. I haven't seen anything about it in the patch notes, and I am wondering if it's just me.

Post-patch, whenever I shoot Grav Round, it takes more than a full second before the effects (damage and debuff) are actually applied to the target. Pre-patch, there was some very minor delay that I could live with, but it seems pretty long now. You might wonder why I am annoyed by just 1 second, but the reason is that High Impact Bolt and Demolition Round are both insta-cast abilities, which are affected by the amount of Grav Vortexes on the enemy. I've managed to squeeze in a fair number now before the Grav Round that I shot before it, actually punched through. This is causing a loss of DPS.

Also, with Grav Round killing an enemy delayed by 1 second, I've been shooting enemies that were already dead (with the Grav Round damage going off), wasting time that could be used peppering other enemies. I guess I could switch prematurely, only to find that the enemy actually survived the Grav Round with just a sliver of health left, forcing me to switch back again. This kind of juggling between enemies is aggravating to say the least.

Edit: Hmm, just noticed something perculiar about it; the effect I described here seems to depend on range. On enemies in melee range, the effect is instantaneous; for enemies at near max range, it's 1+ second after it was shot. Did they increase the projectile travel time considerably in this patch?

Edited by Jedi_Kaysha

Also, with Grav Round killing an enemy delayed by 1 second, I've been shooting enemies that were already dead (with the Grav Round damage going off), wasting time that could be used peppering other enemies.

That actually happens to me in pvp aswell.