The sith were right.

Sylriana

Friend asking me several times to quest with him.

He's a bit behind me, so I spend a bunch of time helping him catch up / waiting / etc.

End up missing cutoff for free game time.

Moral of the story: Be nice to people, lose $$.

There wasn't really a point to this thread.

An easy fix for this and has been used successfully in other mmos would be a mentor system so high level players can still benefit from helping low level players. NCsoft did it good with aion by giving high level players mentor quests and making it so when you group with a high level player your exp wasn't nerfed and you got all the drops. The ones doing the mentoring would get exp from mentor quest and items you could collect and turn in for nice gear.

Personally, I don't think they should have done anything for the 50's. If anything, do good for people that have dedication towards the title.

Simple things like:

- Character levels totaling some number (so you can count Alt levels)

- Subscription time from the beginning to NOW

- Total time spent playing (just because you're 50...doesn't mean you've been playing longer)

While I get it (in a way) I don't think that, just because you're level 50, you should get a free month of play time. :confused:

And no, I'm not complaining because I "don't have a 50". I do. I just don't like how their rewarding players. :rolleyes:

Friend asking me several times to quest with him.

He's a bit behind me, so I spend a bunch of time helping him catch up / waiting / etc.

End up missing cutoff for free game time.

Moral of the story: Be nice to people, lose $$.

There wasn't really a point to this thread.

Ah yes.. but the good will brought from being a good friend is far better than a few sheckels for sub..

Personally, I don't think they should have done anything for the 50's. If anything, do good for people that have dedication towards the title.

Simple things like:

- Character levels totaling some number (so you can count Alt levels)

- Subscription time from the beginning to NOW

- Total time spent playing (just because you're 50...doesn't mean you've been playing longer)

While I get it (in a way) I don't think that, just because you're level 50, you should get a free month of play time. :confused:

And no, I'm not complaining because I "don't have a 50". I do. I just don't like how their rewarding players. :rolleyes:

This is a most valid point. Yes I have my 50, have been with the game since ER, have a total (currently) of 16 characters. If I didn't have my 50, but still had 16 characters and been playing since ER I would have been overlooked, because of that one characters level.

To think of all of the people who rushed to 50, [space bar] the story and possibly skipped the story arc as well, complained that there was not enough end content , and then quit, getting a perk when they did not even support the game is horrendous.

And yes, as posted above, I am surprised as well to have gotten any free time. They really should look at their "long time" players more closely.

Edited by Esproc