The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Celebrate Game Update 1.2: Legacy

AlysonBridge

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why all the stress and rage? No, I mean that completely seriously. Will somebody explain to me what the point is in being angry at this? All of this? Anything in general, really? Where are all the optimists? Everybody's a cynic and a pessimist, or an entitled spoiled brat, or far too sensitive for his/her own good.

Somebody explain.

You have already expressed your opinion of people that are angry. So no explanation will change your tune.

Like what has been said on here many many times already, what makes me NOT a loyal customer. I don't have a level 50, but I have been playing since early access and the last two beta weekends. You take my money every month, same as a lot of other people. I pre-ordered the collectors edition. I feel that I am a loyal customer.... Why do you not see me as such? You brag about bringing story to an MMO... Now you make me feel like an *** for listening to and playing through as much of the story as I can? I'm not a pvp player, I like to socialize though. I can't get a lot of the story solo, so I am forced to group. Yet I still am not a loyal customer. There are times when I play that there is no one on the same planet as me to group with. So I have to miss some story. Yet I am not a loyal customer.

The deadbeat down the road may have just got the game a month ago, and powered through to level 50. How is he a loyal customer?

I feel I should be even more entitled to a free month of play than that guy. Why am I not? Can anyone explain this to me?

I am a person that does not care about endgame, the story is what is important. There is no story involved in getting a pet to follow you around via email. Why do your true loyal customers get the shaft?

Like what has been said on here many many times already, what makes me NOT a loyal customer. I don't have a level 50, but I have been playing since early access and the last two beta weekends. You take my money every month, same as a lot of other people. I pre-ordered the collectors edition. I feel that I am a loyal customer.... Why do you not see me as such? You brag about bringing story to an MMO... Now you make me feel like an *** for listening to and playing through as much of the story as I can? I'm not a pvp player, I like to socialize though. I can't get a lot of the story solo, so I am forced to group. Yet I still am not a loyal customer. There are times when I play that there is no one on the same planet as me to group with. So I have to miss some story. Yet I am not a loyal customer.

The deadbeat down the road may have just got the game a month ago, and powered through to level 50. How is he a loyal customer?

I feel I should be even more entitled to a free month of play than that guy. Why am I not? Can anyone explain this to me?

I am a person that does not care about endgame, the story is what is important. There is no story involved in getting a pet to follow you around via email. Why do your true loyal customers get the shaft?

See, Bioware and EA are giving everyone else something. The shaft!

So you would be happy if they came out and apologized for their wording, and then reworded their original announcement?

Or would you need the gift too?

I would be happy with them saying: Y'know, we could've worded that a bit differently. It is meant to convey to the 50s that we are sorry for the bugger-up of the ranked WZs and for their patience in waiting on level-cap content.

That would be just fine with me.

Hell, I feel SORRY for them right now between that PR error and 1.2 deployment issues. I don't for one second believe that they aren't really, really upset right now and working their proverbials off to rectify all this.

To me, what counts is what happens from here on out. I can forgive mistakes, no problem.

Nope because no where did they claim racing to end would be rewarded.

Its unreasonable stipulation unless previously announced.

2 players start on Dec 20/11

Player 1 rolls 17 characters and plays 10-12 hours a day every day but only gets a highest level character of 43. Player 1 pre pays for 6 months.

Player 2 rolls 1 character, plays 15 hours a week, gets 50, cancels for 2 months and then reups 2 days before patch 1.2 comes out

Which one of these do you reward?

Obviously player 1 for being a longer term player who plays your entire game day in and day out

YET, this promotion would give player 2 the 30 days and rebuke player 1

Sorry, bad wording or not, thats down right insulting.

If they wanted to bring players back in they should have made a promotion that if you reactivate a account thats been closed for 30+ days, you get a additional 30 days free.

People would complain about that still but nothing like whats happening here because its a sign up bonus, not a spitting existing customer bonus!

There is absolutely no justifiable way to reward a level 50 player and not reward a long time player at same time. NONE!

THIS

I am player 1 as described here, pretty much to a 'T'.

I pre-ordered the game... participated in the latter part of Beta and have played EVERY SINGLE DAY since early access, literally, for at least 2-3 hours... usually more... and have re-upped for SIX MONTHS after my initial one month sub. I have many toons on several servers, with the highest level toon being 43-44.

And yet, because I prefer to take my time with everything that I do in-game, while at the same time trying to experience as many different facets of said game all at once, and therefore level much more slowly than many other folks, I am left out of this promotion simply because I haven't got a level 50 toon?

BioWare, I think you should pull your heads out from where the sun don't shine and attempt to use whatever may be inside your skulls for a change. I don't get truly insulting like this, or use foul language on forums very often, but wake the **** up, will you?

Fade to Black...

Edited by CWBuff

how am i any less loyal than you sir>?

i have 2 50's and didnt even get an email. Then again its Bioware, they cant do anything right.

These things are usually done in batches. If you're due the reward, you'll get the mail, but it might take a day or two. Just like the Founders' title. Those went out in batches as well.

People need to relax. Its a G A M E! Go play one of the other ones you have installed... or go outside... here are directions to go outside to where civilization is:

First, stand up (yes, that means leaving the PC, gameroom, ect..)

Walk to your front door (a front door is rectangle shaped with locks and maybe a peephole and a doorhandle)

Open said door

Walk outside into the light and take deep breaths of fresh air.

Ahhhh... isnt that nice? :p

Heh, it's dark and not very warm out. And I was out earlier running errands, doing the marketing etc. so that I could play during time when I normally don't due to the other downtimes.

I had to laugh...I got more done around here than I have in ages. Thanks BW, my house is all clean and spiffy now!

Anyone know when the servers will be back online?

"We are expecting the servers to be available again at 6:00PM CDT (US: 4:00PM PDT, 7:00PM EDT. Europe: April 14th, 12:00AM BST, 1:00AM CEST. AU: 9:00AM AEST. NZ: 11:00AM NZST)."

So you didn't read why they are down, after all. :')

Heh, it's dark and not very warm out. And I was out earlier running errands, doing the marketing etc. so that I could play during time when I normally don't due to the other downtimes.

I had to laugh...I got more done around here than I have in ages. Thanks BW, my house is all clean and spiffy now!

Who let that Pseudo-Gamer on? Booooooo

:D:D

That was Funny Awsome POST

...!!!!

"We are expecting the servers to be available again at 6:00PM CDT (US: 4:00PM PDT, 7:00PM EDT. Europe: April 14th, 12:00AM BST, 1:00AM CEST. AU: 9:00AM AEST. NZ: 11:00AM NZST)."

So you didn't read why they are down, after all. :')

Unexpected Maintenance associated with update 1.2: Legacy. A problem which could of been avoided if they had started update not during peak hours.

It's crappy wording, I'll admit.

They are referring players who have actually gotten to level 50 and have been frustrated by events that have occured/lack of content/content not added to this patch.

If you do not have a character at 50 you simply don't realize whats happening at end game and the story's great.

Oh I'll admit I wouldn't fit the criteria even if they widened the margin. I've only been actively playing this game for a month at best. Two characters both in the mid 30s, but whatever. It's not about that. It's more about the perception that has been created by this whole debacle.

In a time like this, and in businesses like this, intent is irrelevant. All that matters is the perception. The perception is that people who have been here since the get go, but have been playing in the manner in which Bioware strongly suggested to be the best manner, are now less valuable or loyal than people who drove straight on to 50.

I can see where that would torque a lot of people the wrong way.

Then again, this whole affair is giving me more entertainment value than the game currently, which is offline, so I still feel I'm getting my money's worth. I'm still waiting to see what Bioware does or says in the face of this train wreck of a PR disaster.

Edited by Bluerodian

well I would counter

since the entire entitlement issue about loyalty!

What constitutes loyalty?

1) Player beta tests, pre orders DD edition, buys a 6 month sub, plays 10-14 hours a day across 3 servers and 19 characters, is set to reup at time of announcement

or

2) Player buys game at launch, space bars to 50 in 2 weeks, QQs on forums about known issues well documented before he bought game regarding lack of end game content, cancels, comes back 1 day before 1.2 and gets a free month because he has a level 50 and was sub'd before April 12 at noon.

I mean, its pretty obvious to me which is the loyal cust and which is the flaky unreliable cust.

But thats just me.

Not debating you there, just stating there's hypocrisy on both sides.

As for your points, I wasn't debating you either. If anything, those who stayed subbed without having much time to play had far less value, but still paid, and thus should be rewarded for being loyal as well. Yet, there are players who have only played all of 3 weeks but are lvl 50 who qualified as more loyal players before they did. Hardly an empirical benchmark for loyalty. I'm sure those who are lvl 50 and been around the entire time, and have received the reward would also agree that those individuals don't exactly constitute proven loyalty.

Edited by exccw