Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Tauntaun Hoth Mystery

Jenemi

could it be that the reason why they wanted us online was to see the starship crash?

I hope its more than that :p

I presume if they did add it this morning we'd of had to og downloaded another Patch, so i think it was new in 1.2.

I'm just refreshing Twitter and these pages waiting haha.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Am out there looking too. I can't remember the exact coords, but it does mention an 'infected' Trapjaw, i.e. Worldboss. Has anyone attempted to summon him? (Im dumb enough to do it fi I can remember where the skull is) to see if He's there or different?

From another thread:

"Is anybody here already got a tauntaun?I actually got mine! ^_^

You just have to bring the unusual egg in hoth and bring it on the top of the mountain where you could freeze the buff that you get from tatooine then, BOOM!!"

I'm calling BS on this...where's the nest with the egg in it then? I would think that the multitude of ppl scouring Hoth would've found a nest by now...

I'm calling BS on this...where's the nest with the egg in it then? I would think that the multitude of ppl scouring Hoth would've found a nest by now...

He was talking about the egg from Alderaan. In any case, the thread was immediately shut down and outright erased, which means it's either nonsense or it's 100% correct.

suddenly, while riding around Tattooine, I'm reminded of the "game that shan't be mentioned's" ...."zombie outbreak"....Rhakgouls...starting on Tattooine..turning into Rhakgouls ourselves or the potential...the fact they put new "vaccine" stims on just about -every- stim vendor in the galaxy but they don't seem to do crap in the two new flashpoints (that I'm aware of) involving Rhakgouls? That was also pretty well a 'timed' event where the clock rolled over at a certain time and things just 'happened'...

Hrmmmm.....

Perhaps we're wrong about the location for todays event. Problem is Tatooine is nothing more than a large sandbox and finding anything there is gosh darned impossible.

True..but the facts..are just kinda suspicious...SR hints in an interview about being in Tattooine sunday morning...when asked where to go "head left at the first sand dune and keep going" (which correlates directly at least on the public side to reach the Wreckage once you arrive in the DUNE Sea), All of the presumably new and/or datamined information listed under events that just happen to be in the area that He so eloquently pointed out? Who knows though, you could be right. We could all miss it.

Personally I'm waiting for a sign to appear in the middle of the desert that says "made you look", Love, Bioware.

Edit** I'm also banking on the "morning" he's referring too, is CST/CDT, Bioware's time.

Edited by Dephyrius

True..but the facts..are just kinda suspicious...SR hints in an interview about being in Tattooine sunday morning...when asked where to go "head left at the first sand dune and keep going" (which correlates directly at least on the public side to reach the Wreckage once you arrive in the DUNE Sea), All of the presumably new and/or datamined information listed under events that just happen to be in the area that He so eloquently pointed out? Who knows though, you could be right. We could all miss it.

Personally I'm waiting for a sign to appear in the middle of the desert that says "made you look", Love, Bioware.

I just noticed that Stephen Reid works in the states which could mean that we should look in the morning USA time->Like in hours...

People were talking about an enduring tauntaun on ilum. Also about a tiny one.

I went there to check it out. The enduring one doesn't seem like anything, but the tiny one could be something.

Ilum @ 1017, 902

http://i40.tinypic.com/wiamau.jpg

http://i43.tinypic.com/21jr7k9.jpg

http://i40.tinypic.com/2wprn01.jpg

This tauntaun is TINY, like a pebble tiny. Also, not clickable. Still, it's a lead.

In the same forum thread someone made a map out of the tiny one. I went to the spot, but I didn't find anything there either. Maybe it was the wrong spot, or because I don't have the jerky...dunno. Either way, here's the map they drew:

http://i42.tinypic.com/1gj13o.jpg

I hope this helps, I'll try at it.

Very brilliant mind friend! I really can't imagine that! OMG! you're really good at thinking. Thanks for this tip, last night I waste my time roaming around the planet hoth just to find a clue but unfortunately, I haven't find anything.. I actually discovered the whole map of hoth lol.. but thanks for this, i'll go back there and look for clues.. :D

He was talking about the egg from Alderaan. In any case, the thread was immediately shut down and outright erased, which means it's either nonsense or it's 100% correct.

Yeah... I don't believe it's true, but if anyone wants to try it for the heck of it (or knows someone who hasn't hatched their egg yet), why not?

Anyway, I'm adding coordinates to the first post that I've seen posted (if I missed one, let me know) and will be heading to Tatooine as soon as I load up the game.