DF Spec 1.2 (pvp)

Well I respeced today, 0/9/31 and well I am hitting like a truck single target with my DoTs my AoE seems to be lacking...trade off I guess. I was shocked how quickly an opponents health bar drops with Hemo shot+ Vital shot+ Shrap Bomb + Wounding and they drop like a fly, most times. Of course I soon find myself being targeted by the opposite side 2-3 at once. However end of WZ my kill count is respectable thou my dps falls into the middle it seems. It may be that my grenades are further along my hotbar now, not within easy finger reach like b4.

I have to remember my AoEs as I seem focused on single target more now then when I was SS tree. Thanks for the advice all still getting used to DF but enjoying it.

I respecced today also. I actually...don't like it. It's so different from how I played SS. I mainly just don't know what to do with myself when spamming instant cast attacks. When I moved in SS, it was with purpose and reason. But with DF, I find myself just standing still as I'm not usually focused. But then again, I'm pre50 so maybe I don't get full appreciation of the increased mobility until post50.

Care to elaborate why you think Feelin' Woozy isn't needed?

Glasnost and Perestroika? O.o

It is not that feelin' woozy isn't need, it is that at a certain point in the tree, there is a choice to be made in order to move further up the tree. A choice between these four:

1) http://www.torhead.com/ability/2H91wQl/dirty-trickster

2) http://www.torhead.com/ability/cr0RlXy/hold-your-ground

3) http://www.torhead.com/ability/1z9imM3/feelin-woozy

4) http://www.torhead.com/ability/aGroEbh/flash-powder

Each skill is 2 points. All are utility skills. Basically, pick what you enjoy the most. Personally, I sacrificed some damage from Sab (which I am beginning to re-think) and chose BOTH Dirty Trickster and Hold Your Ground.

Point for Point, you get the most mileage out of Hold Your Ground as far as the utility skills go. This is why it is considered the *must have* of the group.

What do you guys think of Cold Blooded? I'm tempted to take the three points out of that and put it into something else. A 15 percent increase to your dots when your target is below 30 percent health doesn't seem practical to me, especially with how quick damage can be pumped out and since we still have Quick Draw as a finishing, below 30 percent move.

What do you guys think of Cold Blooded? I'm tempted to take the three points out of that and put it into something else. A 15 percent increase to your dots when your target is below 30 percent health doesn't seem practical to me, especially with how quick damage can be pumped out and since we still have Quick Draw as a finishing, below 30 percent move.

Please just edit your posts instead of creating new ones....

Quickdraw deals less damage than cold blooded DOTs ;)

LOS ... out of range? No problem for DOTs!

To make this short, Cold Blooded is a must have for pure DF Slingers. I'd miss so many kills without it.

For DF try to keep both above 100%, no reason to take accuracy that much into account yet.

Please just edit your posts instead of creating new ones....

Quickdraw deals less damage than cold blooded DOTs ;)

LOS ... out of range? No problem for DOTs!

To make this short, Cold Blooded is a must have for pure DF Slingers. I'd miss so many kills without it.

For DF try to keep both above 100%, no reason to take accuracy that much into account yet.

Quickdraw has the potential to do more damage than a tick of Vital and Shrap combined while under Cold Blooded.

Edited by Junostorm

Also: Accuracy and Dirty Fighting. Do you guys think it's crucial to get your Accuracy up high ( at or over 103 percent ranged / 111 tech ) or is this a worry-about-it-after-everything-else stat?

Yeah when i get full war hero and can actually start itemizing I might aim for 98% or so weapon damage accuracy. So much of my damage in DF is tech based. 98% weapon accuracy is like 105%ish tech accuracy so I will be well above the 100% mark.

Maybe i'll sit on 100% weapon accuracy, IDK yet. Right now i have 103% from the BM itemization. All I know is that I'm dropping some accuracy.

More testing required.

Oh and in regards to my initial post here. I am liking hold your ground the best. It offers great utility and i haven't seen a huge drop in damage. I do buttloads of damage, so people on my server have been after my balls (maybe it's because I've kicked their balls so many times). Anyways I think hold your ground is helping me survive longer which is good.

Edited by sir_shenanigans

Quickdraw has the potential to do more damage than a tick of Vital and Shrap combined while under Cold Blooded.

"has the potential" ... meaning IT COULD RARELY BE. and I'm not talkin about ONE tick of those DOTs..

guys please I thought we left those brain afk discussions behind, really getting tired of it.

"has the potential" ... meaning IT COULD RARELY BE. and I'm not talkin about ONE tick of those DOTs..

guys please I thought we left those brain afk discussions behind, really getting tired of it.

It's not just quickdraw, but other damage specials from both you and teammates. Sure, if it's a one on one encounter and the guy is running away Cold Blooded helps, but IMO it doesn't happen enough to warrant spending the three points in. And please, get off your high horse. I'm sure you do fine, but there's no reason to have a snobby attitude and tell people how to post or what they want to discuss.

It's not just quickdraw, but other damage specials from both you and teammates. Sure, if it's a one on one encounter and the guy is running away Cold Blooded helps, but IMO it doesn't happen enough to warrant spending the three points in. And please, get off your high horse. I'm sure you do fine, but there's no reason to have a snobby attitude and tell people how to post or what they want to discuss.

We already discussed that.... not sure what's wrong with your memories but I won't accept you to start same topics again and again.

You could just finally start to use parsers and you will see there is no need to even think about such questions.

We already discussed that.... not sure what's wrong with your memories but I won't accept you to start same topics again and again.

You could just finally start to use parsers and you will see there is no need to even think about such questions.

In THIS topic, Cold Blooded hadn't been discussed and I still don't think it's worth the three points. Targets in this game don't stay at or under 30 percent health long enough to warrant spending the points into it unless they're flat out running away and don't have healers which is not a common situation, at least not on my server.

Parsing Cold Blooded is tricky. Reason? A target(s) can fluctuate from at to over 30 percent via healing and still not die, yet you rack up the damage numbers, which looks great on a score sheet. It's bloated damage, when really what you want is efficiency. IMO, you can get better usage with three points into something else.

Edited by Arehonn

In THIS topic, Cold Blooded hadn't been discussed and I still don't think it's worth the three points. Targets in this game don't stay at or under 30 percent health long enough to warrant spending the points into it unless they're flat out running away and don't have healers which is not a common situation, at least not on my server.

Parsing Cold Blooded is tricky. Reason? A target(s) can fluctuate from at to over 30 percent via healing and still not die, yet you rack up the damage numbers, which looks great on a score sheet. It's bloated damage, when really what you want is efficiency. IMO, you can get better usage with three points into something else.

I feel like this point warrants discussion. I've always specced into cold-blooded blindly so I can't compare TTK with or without it but I do know that if they hit that 30% mark I'm nailing quickshot and whatever top DPS skill I have up at the moment and they're gonna die regardless. Or get healed/cleansed after which I'm ****ed.

But what would you do with these extra 3 points? Woozy and dirty trickster? I'll admit, a second Escape would be amazing.

*sigh*... you know there is a live parser? So you can see the damage you deal LIVE just a sec after you shot it...

What you guys seem to forget is that you use quickdraw only once. then you have nothing else besides your regular skills.

Cold blooded provides you enough damage to finish any enemy and you still have quickdraw IN ADDITION.

To make that clear, we are not talking about lousy 16k dd's here. Those drop anyway.

What really needs attention are 22k tanks which will stay quite long beneath 30% ... and then you will wish you had that extra 30% dmg when he scores in huttball, just saying.

ALSO when talking about certain skills and its usage its ALWAYS in 1on1 situations.

Speaking about team fights here is quite non sense.