Legacy unlocks require level AND credits!

Maglen

Per Zoeller:

Georg Zoeller: The system allows you to unlock things EITHER via achieving the unlock condition (e.g. reaching chapter 2 in a specific class, reaching a specific PvP rank, etc) OR by paying credits. It is not both.

This is not implemented in game. Currently on the "other" tab, legacy unlocks require both the level and credits. . .

Read more/better. They are unlocked either by achieving the unlock condition (e.g. reaching chapter 2 in a specific class, reaching a specific PvP rank, etc) OR by paying creits. It is not both.

And then later in that same message, he says the "paying credits" option may then ALSO be gated by legacy level.

Legacy level is NEVER an "unlock condition". That's something like "reaching chapter 2" or "reaching a specific PvP" rank. Legacy level is ONLY a gate in the "pay credits" alternative.

and that was edited and changed. i know what i heard and read.

Then I suggest you upgrade your analyzing program (ie reading/hearing comprehension) and upgrade your memory or run a diagnostic tool on it because you are wrong.

Why in the world do they keep referring to these as "rewards"????

http://www.swtor.com/patchnotes/1.2.0/legacy

"Rewards" don't typically cost millions up millions of credits. We're not unlocking "rewards". We're unlocking the ability to pay tens of millions of credits for minor conveniences.

- 60,000,000 for a fully tabbed guild bank (600,000 to START)

- 600,000 for "Legacy Fleet Pass"

- 600,000 for "Legacy Quick Travel"

- 2,000,000 for "Rocket Boost" + 1,5000,000 for Level 2 + 1,500,000 for Level 3 (5,000,000 total)

- 8,000,000 for "Ship Unlocks" (Repair Droid, Mail, Training Dummies, GTN)

How are these considered "Rewards"???? How?

Can you imagine McDonald's offering hamburgers that are slightly better than the ones they currently serve for $70 as a reward for being a loyal customer?

Why in the world do they keep referring to these as "rewards"????

http://www.swtor.com/patchnotes/1.2.0/legacy

"Rewards" don't typically cost millions up millions of credits. We're not unlocking "rewards". We're unlocking the ability to pay tens of millions of credits for minor conveniences.

- 60,000,000 for a fully tabbed guild bank (600,000 to START)

- 600,000 for "Legacy Fleet Pass"

- 600,000 for "Legacy Quick Travel"

- 2,000,000 for "Rocket Boost" + 1,5000,000 for Level 2 + 1,500,000 for Level 3 (5,000,000 total)

- 8,000,000 for "Ship Unlocks" (Repair Droid, Mail, Training Dummies, GTN)

How are these considered "Rewards"???? How?

Can you imagine McDonald's offering hamburgers that are slightly better than the ones they currently serve for $70 as a reward for being a loyal customer?

well actually yes... you level your legacy far enough and you are rewarded with the ability to purchase something that people with lower legacy cannot.

how is that not a reward?

Thats like saying that loyal ferrari customers are rewarded with the ability to purchase a special vehicle called Ferrari FXX that regular custumers cant buy.

and that is exactly what it is...

Hello there,

We saw your thread and thought we would add a link the dev post made by Georg Zoeller regarding this feature. You can find the complete post here:

You're not likely to have any significant legacy levels if you just play characters in the 20 to 30 range. You only unlock legacy levels once you finish chapter 1 ( ~ level 30) with a character in the first place.

And let me make this clear, since there's some confusion about it:

The system allows you to unlock things EITHER via achieving the unlock condition (e.g. reaching chapter 2 in a specific class, reaching a specific PvP rank, etc) OR by paying credits. It is not both.

The credit option exists so players can enjoy content that they know they would never unlock in regular play (e.g. 'I'd love a pureblood Smuggler, but no way I'll level a Sith Warrior just for that').

You can also view the guild summit video regarding Legacy here!

A player had mentioned the GTN specifically. You can find that conversation

at the 18:10 mark. Hope this is helpful! Edited by Trineda