Legacy Family Tree too linear?

TarristerWelm

Legacy is a new system that doesn't exist in any other game. .

This is not true and it bothered me when BW made this claim in the pre 1.2 video that they made.

Lotro has a "legacy" system of sorts. It is called a "Family Tree". You can adopt other people or BE adopted up to I think 24 generations of family. This includes characters NOT on your account, so you can adopt, or be adopted by, your friends.

In addition you can write a "Bio" for each of your chars in which you can further detail your relationships to your "family" members. It is not as extensive or complete as it could be, but it does exist, and its a really fun feature of the game.

I cant stand it when any company, gaming or otherwise, makes claims that simply arent true. The LOTRO family system is a LOT like the legacy system here on its face (you cant share abilities and such) and does exist. So saying no game has it is blatantly ignorant.

M

Info about the LOTRO system:

http://www.thebrasse.com/lotro/family.php

Edited by hippiechick

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, I'm thinking Bioware was too obsessed with the idea of the Legacy Family Tree. being a literal family tree. This is laid out in the same way as a family tree, even though it doesn't work at all for unrelated characters.

But it dosent even do that, you cant have a husband and wife have a kid, you can only attached the kid to one of the parents.

Edited by davidpop

I think generally what's missing in the Family Tree is the ability to have your companion added onto the family tree to be treated as either your Spouse or Ally.

Let me give you an example. I have my main character and has like two children but no spouse, cause I was kinda hoping for my Jedi Knight character (main) to have like Kira there but couldn't understand why Bioware did not let us have that option.

I would like to forward this feedback to Bioware with the suggestion that perhaps any crewmates who you have established a relationship to marriage state should be given the opportunity to pair up and your other characters gain abilities from that companion too. Just a thought.

Edited by Satelerevan

all i see the family-tree is good for, is enabling you to mail every name thats listed in the tree and that is good enough for me.

that said still trying to find the legacy OR cash things after just using human as a base knowing that everyone was related that arnt just some emote, can only find legacy AND (lots) credits

This is not true and it bothered me when BW made this claim in the pre 1.2 video that they made.

Lotro has a "legacy" system of sorts. It is called a "Family Tree". You can adopt other people or BE adopted up to I think 24 generations of family. This includes characters NOT on your account, so you can adopt, or be adopted by, your friends.

In addition you can write a "Bio" for each of your chars in which you can further detail your relationships to your "family" members. It is not as extensive or complete as it could be, but it does exist, and its a really fun feature of the game.

I cant stand it when any company, gaming or otherwise, makes claims that simply arent true. The LOTRO family system is a LOT like the legacy system here on its face (you cant share abilities and such) and does exist. So saying no game has it is blatantly ignorant.

M

Info about the LOTRO system:

http://www.thebrasse.com/lotro/family.php

Only LotR:O gains more love from me than SW:TOR. And the family tree from LotR:O is nothing like the legacy system. At all. No account-based perks, no unlocks, etc. All you do is get a little RP title for you and a friend - SW:TOR's system doesn't even involve other players, so I don't see how you're trying to draw a parallel.

They're both entirely unique systems.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.