1.2 - Spec Discussion

Zag_Stratos

I've been combat all the way up, always really liked it. Not to keen on the talent changes, but rather than piss and moan about it I'll just try some other specs out.

Never really looked closely at Focus, but was thinking about trying it out. Might be fun to wtfspam Slash and Force Sweep while jumping all over the place.

Shrug, if it sucks, there is always Watchman.

I am looking for a good Focus PvP spec post 1.2. I was a Focus specced Sentinel pre 1.2 and I want to see what improvements (if any) were made to the focus spec.

If someone could post it on torhead that would be great...

This is what I was running last night after the patch. I've been focus speced since Feb.

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#5010cZhMMZhMRrdfRbfz.1

Probably moving to Watchman tonight, however. I just don't like the flow anymore. Sweep going up to 3 focus points makes everything slow down a bit. My overall DPS is probably about the same, maybe even a bit improved, but my bursts, while higher damage, are further spread out now.

Ran a 34/7/0 spec yesterday and really enjoyed it.

Had 2k comms banked, and netted another 1k or so from PvP last night. Instantly upgraded to a BM saber and chest piece (was previously in champ gear).

Planning on trying out Combat soon, as I want to take advantage of immobilizing Master Strike after a Precision Slash, with a few points in Master Focus to boost it further.

I am a long time WM. I prob will go back but trying the new trees now. I started focus, perhaps didn't give it enough time, but couldn't get used to it, without focus reduction from sweep just kept finding myself ready with the singularity and 100% crit but no focus left for sweep, and then im KB or stunned or smart players seeing me about to sweep animation and KB. Just seemed slow. Love zealous leap and force exhaustion. I could spend the time well, properly timing everything but preferred to go try Combat instead.

Combat is another totally different style... it's one that requires a lot of timing too, easily can squash your DPS output by mistiming. But I want to give it a go for a while. My current spec is:

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#501bcZrMrRRrrdGzZMz.1

I can fine tune some extra points better... going for Immulation may be a bad idea, but such as swelling winds point (for cyclone zen spam), even 1 in Crusader/less dual wield, some steadfast tho my full BM now has a lot of accuracy. Just giving a try.

Edited by ErisktheRed

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#5010cZRMMZGMRrdfMbsz.1

This is what i'm thinking for Focus. I really like Focus, just kinda looking for some additional insight.

A little comment on how i'm playing. My attack is really based around Slash. In a 1v1 PvE battle i can mostly spam Slash and suppliment with Master Strike and the Force Sweep paths of Leap -> Stasis -> Sweep or Leap -> Exhaustion -> Sweep.

I wanted to add defensive roll for the damage decrease. That is my main change post 1.2 (even though 1.2 doesn't really force me to make that change).

I just downloaded a combat file parser, and I'm going to spend the majority of the day figuring out what deals the best dps.

I'm only going to compare Watchman and Focus, because that's what I'm familiar with atm. I'll try and figure out combat (though, that weapon based damage looks pretty appealing) at a later date.

Im looking very much forward to your results! I played focus before 1.2 and find it strange that there is no dedicated focus threads, so i hope you show focus rocks ;)