Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

How come so many people get to 50 so fast and few ppl even have multiple 50s

dprijadi

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bioware really does make it hard to keep good time management skills...

I mean really, they add stuff like space battles, talking to crew mates, crafting skills, datacrons... soooooo much to get distracted with.... :)

• do you focus on 1 character from zero to 50 and then (only then) level alts ?
  • do you play multiple alts at once , no favorite class or favorite toon ?
  • do you skip planets thats too low and do only your class quest there (eg ignoring all side quest) ?
  • do you alt-tab all cut-scene and never see the dialogue conversations possibilities ?
  • do you rush to 50 ignoring the story and only concern on leveling for the sake of leveling ?
  • do you do pvp only and level using WZ pvp ?
  • do you do EVERY possible activities like doing Flashpoints then do PVP WZ and then Space combat and then PVE Missions/questing and then repeat till 50?
  • do you cheat and get friends to help you do all your class quest (up to quesh) and get all your class quest reward gears early ?

I have two fifties, and I'd say I leveled at an extremely leisurely pace, taking lots of time to RP and whatnot.

-Yes

-No.

-No.

-No.

-No.

-No.

-No.

-No.

Focus on one Toon, do quests and wz's when they pop. You'll see it doesn't take long at all.

Today i sat around 2 hours, got 3 levels from 30 to 33, now granted you don't need as much Exp in those levels, but when i was on my Main it was the same around 45+.

3 Hours i got 2-3 levels... Just do quests, and enjoy it. I never skipped Campaign dialog. All i did was quest, and do Wz's. I didn't care about going from and to fleet often or anything else, i just focused quests...

Make sure you read the important parts about your quests, so you know what to do when you are there.

If you play 1 hour each day, make sure to log out on your ship (If it's not too far away ofc) Rested exp is also very good ;)

And just... have fun, relax, do your quests. Don't bother with Heroics +2/+4 Flashpoints, etc etc.

Time sinks...

I duo with my spouse---we listen to all conversations and try not to skip any quests on the planets. We've done a few flashpoints but not too many. During my last few levels to 50, I PvPed a bit. With that all said, I think that getting to 50 is pretty darned fast and wished that I could turn off the exp bar. It seemed like by the time we left a planet, things were very green/grey for us on the next one.

With my solo character, I just got her to 50 a few weeks ago. It wasn't hard. I love quests and tried to do them on every planet. I'm not a powerleveler by any means but didn't sit around in the space station chatting either. When I play, I'm rather goal oriented and quest like crazy for the story and the money. Following the class story line is just......well addictive and I love it.

That's my story on why I have two 50's. In fact, I feel a bit slow pokey, especially when I inspect everyone's gear and they are all decked out in purples and full rakata. I'm just a baby 50 compared to them.

One edit: I never logged out in a cantina or my ship. Frankly, I didn't want more rested bonus. I would usually log out wherever my quest stopped---if that was in the middle of a planet. so be it.

Edited by Florial

If you really want to level fast, skip conversations. Do all quests you can find, but just quest, questing is fastest. The only thing besides quests you want to do are space missions. Also, find people for heroics, but don't wait around. Quest while you look!

Wait, why skip conversations? Isn't that part of what makes this game great are the voiced conversations and fantastic story?

Wait, why skip conversations? Isn't that part of what makes this game great are the voiced conversations and fantastic story?

:sul_confused: Did this guy seriously just say the story was fantastic and that the voiced conversations are great? HUH???

Edited by MahBo

:sul_confused: Did this guy seriously just say the story was fantastic and that the voiced conversations are great? HUH???

Yes I did. This is why I play this game, not to speed through like an inappreciative jerk who complains the game sucks because they never enjoyed the amount of content delivered in this game. If I didn't want conversations and wanted to bore my arse off with lame dialogue boxes, I would play WoW.

Edited by jhartel

i didnt rush either of my current 50s, i hate spacebarring through conversations

but what i did do was all the non heroic quests i could find with a few space missions sprinkled here and there, not really into pvp or anything, and just worked one character at a time till done.... now when the game came out i did have a weeks worth of vacation and I also was in prerelease for the full week, so that helped..... oh, and i play a LOT

i dont really raid or pvp at all

ive played since release ,about 4 nights a week ,3-4 hours at a time and have 2 lvl 50s.do every quest on every planet.by the time you are done with a planet ,you should have outleveled it by 2-3 levels,this makes the game very easy and fast.i dont do any space missions,but i do as many heroics as possible,which isnt many seeing as im on a dead server.

My suggestion do every bonus quest.

i have pvp'ed 2 day's in this game, found it extremely boring i have 3 level 50's 1 level 47 I'm legacy level 44. i do every quest on every planet. i skip heroics starting at Hoth ( they are pointless IMO and start getting so hard their not worth the effort). most characters i am 50 soon after reaching Corilla and I'm in the first to 2 mission area when i hit 50.

I also do daily's on 3 level 50 on every planet. once you get a pattern down you fly through the quests. i watched every cut scene my first time through. on alts i only watch the class quest cut scenes all the side quest i space bar through.

Edited by Snakeyees

I have 4 lvl 50s 3 of which above valor 60 or 70, and other 4 between lvl 25 and 30.

First 50 was done between early acces and release (dec 20th night i think) leveling with 3 other people, we skipped planets that were too low (cause we were doing all hc2 and some hc4), we spacebarred some, not even too many tbh, uninteresting "filler" quests, we didn't spacebar stories.

Leveling is fairly fast in this game, it just gets RIDICULOUSLY boring after 1 rep 1 imp playthroughs.

I'd much rather focus on my first char, and do everything i can with it, which is one of the reasons why i STRONGLY support ac switching (despite having the other ac as imp, my main is a commando and i also have a pt). Unfortunately bw doesn't seem to care about players like me and they'd rather have everyone spending sub money to level dozens of chars. Legacy was something i couldn't care less about and needless to say i'm unsubbed.

I leveled, and even geared, so many worthless alts just because there was nothing to do with my main because wz queues took too long due to no cross server and weren't worth waiting for once you were done ranking/gearing, pve was not an option because of no cross server fp/ops finder, and the daily quest content was useless after a week.

Edited by AzKnc

I currently have 2 fully geared 50s and working on my 3rd. My first took about a month purely solo and was still learning everythin. I did every quest on every planet minus the H4s and flashpoints and some space missions.

My 2nd took about two weeks. I leveled 90% of the time with a partner and did most quests up to 48, skipped Corellia and got the last 2 levels doing dailys on Ilum/Belsavis.

The 3rd I'm working on now is lvl 41 and also being done with a partner but it's on week 3 due to leveling a Republic for the first time and it's all new to me.

Alot of people were leveling by doing WZ until they were the top lvl for their current class quests planey, finishing that and repeating.

I didn't do this though because Im on the lowest population server nd you can't always get WZs all day long.

3 months seems like a long time to still be without a 50 but then again if you cant play for long periods of time every day its totally understandable. Some people do have lives... Crazy I know!

As long as you are having fun don't worry about it too much. The whole point here is having fun despite what some hardcore elitists think.

[*]do you focus on 1 character from zero to 50 and then (only then) level alts ?

-At first, yes. After I leveled up my Sage and did some of the end-game content, I created a Smugggler, BH and Warrior (still at very low levels). Right now I am alternating between them and it is a fun experience.

[*]do you play multiple alts at once , no favorite class or favorite toon ?

-I play multiple classes, by play meaning I am currently leveling them up :) But my 50 Sage is my main.

[*]do you skip planets thats too low and do only your class quest there (eg ignoring all side quest) ?

-I did not skip any planets. The only thing I skipped were Taris and Nar Shaddaa Bonus Series. At the time I had no idea Bonus Series existed.

[*]do you alt-tab all cut-scene and never see the dialogue conversations possibilities ?

-I have never done that.

[*]do you rush to 50 ignoring the story and only concern on leveling for the sake of leveling ?

-I wouldn't say "rushed", as it took me a few weeks to reach 50 with my Sage. Never skipped cutscenes on my main.

[*]do you do pvp only and level using WZ pvp ?

-I haven't tried that until now. I did pvp, but not that much to level up and never before level 50.

[*]do you do EVERY possible activities like doing Flashpoints then do PVP WZ and then Space combat and then PVE Missions/questing and then repeat till 50?

-I usually like to do everything non-Heroic on a planet before moving on. I also do every space mission after leaving a planet.

[*]do you cheat and get friends to help you do all your class quest (up to quesh) and get all your class quest reward gears early ?

-No.

Edited by cyberfreaq

do you focus on 1 character from zero to 50 and then (only then) level alts ?

Many. Many. MANY. Alts. (All of my toons are now CHISS)

do you play multiple alts at once , no favorite class or favorite toon ?

Multiple. Solo/Group

do you skip planets thats too low and do only your class quest there (eg ignoring all side quest) ?

Ever heard of a completionist? IS THAT A QUEST I SEE? A LOCATION I HAVEN'T BEEN TO!? DATACRON!? LORE!? MIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINE! - thats me.

do you alt-tab all cut-scene and never see the dialogue conversations possibilities ?

Nope. I love story. I love all the neat things that happen in the game and I ABSOLUTELY love the cross overs with class/faction. (Jedi Knight/Imperial Agent for instance)

do you rush to 50 ignoring the story and only concern on leveling for the sake of leveling ?

No. Thats boring.

do you do pvp only and level using WZ pvp ?

Heck no. I pvp for the daily and move on.

do you do EVERY possible activities like doing Flashpoints then do PVP WZ and then Space combat and then PVE Missions/questing and then repeat till 50?

Must. Do. Every. Thing. Possible.

do you cheat and get friends to help you do all your class quest (up to quesh) and get all your class quest reward gears early ?

No but I recently helped my friend do that so they could have all the buffs while leveling.

I had 3 level 50s (Guardian/Sniper/Powertech) and I decided that I was going to re-roll all of my toons. (50/50/50/47/43/36/32/20) Chiss. So what did I do? BYE OTHER TOONS! (sell everything and delete em all) All I have now is a level 50 sniper (WHICH I'LL BE DELETING FOR AN OPERATIVE).

And yes, I had Rakata and Battlemaster gear on 2 of those toons and I gladly deleted them.

Oh, and the game seems faster and easier when you have sprint and all buffs at level 1 :D

My only regret is somehow my Jedi Shadow and Sith Inquisitor appear bald with the cloaks D:

oh uh, first 50 was in january.

Edited by Larity

I was one of those that finished the first level 50 in late december due to no school or work and early release of the game. After that it took me until March to get my BH to level 50 due to playing sooo many different games. If I start another it would take me awhile, I don't even know if I finish it.

This was my first MMO and it seems pretty easy but those Op nights were killing me, and now they have a third. We would try to stack all 3 of them in one night.

My advice is if you really want another char at 50, start fresh and do it with another player(s) all the way to 50. Much more enjoyable because it will get repetitive but having a friend with you all the way through is awesome.

Playing one hour or two hours per day isn't enough (I mean the daily quests take around 1,5-2 hrs every day) if you want level 50 characters (multiple ones) then stop leveling simultaneously so many characters and try to find more playtime.

I reached lvl50 before Christmas on my JK-G and I did every quest, bonus mission, bonus series, heroic mission, flashpoint, space mission along the way to see the story (even greyed out quests) alone. For heroic missions I kept asking in general chat as I was doing the normal missions and when I finally found a group I asked them to do multiple heroics.

My second playthrough was on a Commando and I reached lvl50 at around the end of January. Getting her to lvl50 was slower because I was doing dailies, hard mode flashpoints, operations and a fair amount of pvp. She spent weeks in the cantina though (while I was leveling my JK) and earned double xp up until lvl50. This allowed me to skip most heroic missions. Also, I didn't do grey quests this time.

My third playthrough was with a Scoundrel and I only reached lvl50 in early March. With dailies, pvp and doing operations 4 times a week it was getting longer and longer to reach lvl50.

So I can only repeat what people posted here before. Play more! There were people on our server who had reached lvl50 even before the game officially came out on the 20th!

Playing only 1-2 hours a day and dividing that between 16(!) alts won't get you anywhere.

Having 1 solid lvl50 character in endgame gear capable of doing operations and pvp is much better than having 16 that can't.

In my opinion just doing Quests are a realy realy fast way to level up.

People seem to think alot that the reason you level faster is that you do something cheezy

but its realy nothing to it other than doing the quests and if you play with a friend you allways get max level long before the later chapters comes along :)

Solo/+2/+4 green quests give alot more Xp than one would think also.

I duo with my spouse---we listen to all conversations and try not to skip any quests on the planets. We've done a few flashpoints but not too many. During my last few levels to 50, I PvPed a bit. With that all said, I think that getting to 50 is pretty darned fast and wished that I could turn off the exp bar. It seemed like by the time we left a planet, things were very green/grey for us on the next one.

With my solo character, I just got her to 50 a few weeks ago. It wasn't hard. I love quests and tried to do them on every planet. I'm not a powerleveler by any means but didn't sit around in the space station chatting either. When I play, I'm rather goal oriented and quest like crazy for the story and the money. Following the class story line is just......well addictive and I love it.

That's my story on why I have two 50's. In fact, I feel a bit slow pokey, especially when I inspect everyone's gear and they are all decked out in purples and full rakata. I'm just a baby 50 compared to them.

One edit: I never logged out in a cantina or my ship. Frankly, I didn't want more rested bonus. I would usually log out wherever my quest stopped---if that was in the middle of a planet. so be it.

yes i think best way for leveling in swtor is with spouse , if you both roll a complementary classes (eg tank n heal) you both will be OP lol

true i love every quest , even side quest since every class got different response in the same quest .. smuggler got best responses so far , jedi kinda stilted do gooder..

best part of SWTOR is PVE and Alt-ing imho

Three 50's so far, I deleted one already just because I knew I'd never want to play it (a commando that I just wasn't in to, only played it cause I liked the story), aside from that my 50 jugg (my main) and a 50 operative.

I just quest non-stop, ignore all wz's and fp's, and enjoy uninterrupted game time because I work nights and have my own place.

This game is not the fastest leveling I've played. I did 1 - 85 on WoW a couple of months ago in 7 days /played*. I checked my main in TOR yesterday and I was at 46 with 7 days /played. It might be all the cut scenes and the travelling, but I like the cut scenes.

*that's actual time on server, not time in real terms, which can be found using the command /played.

How many of you got more than 1 lv50 ? got 2 a 50 Sent and a 50 Sage

how long do you get to 50 on your 1st character ? umm like a month I think, and the second one took me a month and a half.

I dont powerlevel and I dont play 24/7(though first character I played a lot at the beginning, slowed for 2 weeks, then wrecked through 40-50) first character I watched all videos and dialogue including side quests and FPs(though I didnt do a whole lot of FPs as I leveled), and second character I just skipped through side quests, as I had already done them with my first one, and then I didnt do any side quests on Voss, or Corellia and leveled my last 4 level through dailies.

What I just said is amazing btw, 49-50 in 2 hours, that is the way to level your alts.

And yes I focused on Sent first, then focused on Sage once I had Sent geared for raiding and entry into PvP.

I focus on my first character, he is my main.

After gearing him up and profs maxed, I start rolling alts.

The problem is I have a number of alts stuck around lvl 20-30. I just don't want to go past that as it feels tedious and boring.

A LFG tool would be nice for my alts, would mean I can do a FP to break the tedious questing.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.