PvP spec for 1.2?

Averji

If you need someone to to tell you what spec to play, perhaps you should reconsider the class. Play what you like even if it goes against the grain of what the bulk of players are doing. Try each spec to see what you feel comfortable with.

Annihilation - pure single target deeps

Carnage - some burst, roots, and OMG OP PREDATION (da utility spec)

Rage: Guard/Healer crusher; you got some nublet tank/heals stackers on ur server? smash da shizz outta them.

I think every rated team needs 1 carnage marauder for that 80% predation (seriously broken right now, 10 seconds of 80% move speed and 10% defense for 5 people; usable on a consistent basis is too amazing). I think Rage will become the most common spec because it will absolutely destroy tank/healer combos that are popular right now. I think annihilation will fade away--dispels counter this spec hard, it lost a lot of survivability in phantom, and it lost the godlike predation.

Edited by Anbokr

If you need someone to to tell you what spec to play, perhaps you should reconsider the class. Play what you like even if it goes against the grain of what the bulk of players are doing. Try each spec to see what you feel comfortable with.

reconsider the class? dude a patch came out today and im trying to find out the best spec lol

I can't decide between annihilation and rage, guess i'm not seeing what makes carnage so hot in 1.2 other than movement speed.

they changed carnage's stance to deal weapon damage instead of force damage not sure how big of a chance this was though

they changed carnage's stance to deal weapon damage instead of force damage not sure how big of a chance this was though

This is what makes Carnage really unattractive since our Force-related stats have always been higher than our melee-related stats. If you have a 3/3 in Malice, your Force crit rate should be at 30%+ (mine hovers 35%) and with the dual raid weapons, I had an insane amount of Force.

Even though Carnage was underutilized as a PvP-spec and was bugged as a PvE-spec due to its problems with mob colision/hit-boxes, they had to bring down the spec to the level of Anni/Rage otherwise everybody would switch to Carnage.

Essentially, these quality of life changes brought to the Marauder class enables the other trees to be a little bit more viable in PvP but IMO (Valor Rank 66 and second BM character, take it for what it is), Anni still reigns King in PvP.

PS - I could care less about PvE. I ran NM mode EV/KP in a PvP Anni build and didn't have any trouble.

Annihilation - pure single target deeps

Carnage - some burst, roots, and OMG OP PREDATION (da utility spec)

Rage: Guard/Healer crusher; you got some nublet tank/heals stackers on ur server? smash da shizz outta them.

I think every rated team needs 1 carnage marauder for that 80% predation (seriously broken right now, 10 seconds of 80% move speed and 10% defense for 5 people; usable on a consistent basis is too amazing). I think Rage will become the most common spec because it will absolutely destroy tank/healer combos that are popular right now. I think annihilation will fade away--dispels counter this spec hard, it lost a lot of survivability in phantom, and it lost the godlike predation.

yeah it will destroy bad tank healer combos. Like healers that don't know how to cleanse Crush and tanks who won't kick choke...