Sense of Accomplishment Stripped

youloveithuh

I have spent hours trying to get full champion gear and trying to reach valor 60 to start opening Battlemaster boxes. I'm a set of gloves away from full set champion and at valor 58.........what a complete and utter disappointment. Don't get me wrong, I play for the sheer competition and having a good time, but that sense of accomplishment that I was so close to getting has been stripped away.......

I have spent hours trying to get full champion gear and trying to reach valor 60 to start opening Battlemaster boxes. I'm a set of gloves away from full set champion and at valor 58.........what a complete and utter disappointment. Don't get me wrong, I play for the sheer competition and having a good time, but that sense of accomplishment that I was so close to getting has been stripped away.......

Dry your tears and get yourself together man, yesh! :sul_grin:

funny, im about to complete my champion set on my main toon that I rerolled on a diff server, and I dont feel like anything was stripped from me. :cool:

I guess I was looking forward to that feeling of accomplishment, and I was so close. Now valor apparently doesn't matter and my gear is sub-par. Not that i don't mind getting back to the grind, becasue I love playing, but I feel like I'm back at the starting line.

Sorry, bro.

Look on the brightside, it'll be much easier to get starting gear on alts. Also, a little empathy, all us rerollers on the fatman will need some gear when we hit 50.

sorry, 2nd time I have seen a ref to fatman and reroll. What's the problem there?

Champ gear is still better than the Recruit set that you can buy for credits. It is still under Battlemaster, but that has always been that way. Not sure what the problem is. You have something the fresh level 50s won't, and you can now start earning BM gear.

Champ gear is still better than the Recruit set that you can buy for credits. It is still under Battlemaster, but that has always been that way. Not sure what the problem is. You have something the fresh level 50s won't, and you can now start earning BM gear.

That makes sense.....I was under the impression that Champion would be obselete because it's similar quality to Recruit gear that can be bought with just 320k credits

I feel your pain. I'm a casual PvPer and I'm almost finished with my Champion set of gear. I've got Valor 50 on my main character from only doing WZs (I never exploited on Ilum or anything) and now it seems they are changing the whole way the PvP system works. I hope the changes are good because I do wonder about the state of my progression now. Seems like they scrapped their whole PvP progression system. Edited by MorgonKara

Those items used to be much more time consuming to obtain than they are now, so imagine how us nerds feel! We feel bad!

I have to say I'm not sure how 'Valor' no longer matters, can anyone link me were this was posted and why? Not sure how Valor is changed, I also am 2 pieces shy of full Champ at Valor 52...was trying to get to 60 b4 patch ...damn job! So sorry being nieve here but what exactly are the armour/valor changes? I know about recruit gear so besides that set...

I have to say I'm not sure how 'Valor' no longer matters, can anyone link me were this was posted and why? Not sure how Valor is changed, I also am 2 pieces shy of full Champ at Valor 52...was trying to get to 60 b4 patch ...damn job! So sorry being nieve here but what exactly are the armour/valor changes? I know about recruit gear so besides that set...

the only reason for valor now is for titles...

battlemaster - 60,

war hero - 70,

conqueror - 80

prior to 1.2, you NEEDED valor 60 to buy battlemaster gear...

after 1.2, you don't need valor to buy battlemaster gear...

i'm not going to repeat myself further so educate yourself here

http://dulfy.net/2012/03/22/pvp-gearing-in-1-2/

I personally feel more ripped off halfway through my BM gearing.

The post 1.2 merc to wz conversion is going to lose out for alot of people who have been saving. Thankfully 10 minutes prior to downtime I managed to max WZs and 750 mercs. So theoretically from what we've seen on PST that should earn me 1.5 pieces of BM as opposed to .5 with only just puchasing a token.

But on the other hand, WZ tokens will now be harder to receive apparently. But on the other foot healers get more credit now for their involvement in WZs, so either Ill profit from this or see relatively no difference.

You should feel more ripped that all my companions are full champ set though.

Edited by Banicks