1.2 Ugly Gear, What Were You Thinking?!

DaniSparks

As a Jedi I think most of the med armor is ok. However, the PvP med armor is horrible, I refuse to wear the chest armor it makes me look like I'm wearing a tuna can tweaked by Tim the Toolman. Jedi PvP armor that looks like iconic Star Wars Jedi apparel would be very nice.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Agree. The high end armour in this game is absolutely disgusting. Just look at the current Jedi Knight PvP set. What. The. Fu*k? What goes through their minds when they approve this stuff. I'd really, REALLY like to know.

So bad its almost a joke.

It has to be a joke.

I got to see this in game and it looks a lot better on players than in the low rez preview screens. Never judge armor by the way it looks in images like this.

Has nothing to do with the quality of the textures. I've seen it in-game first thing i made it to the fleet on the PTS.

It's pretty bad, yeah. I only kind of like the Bounty Hunter War Hero gear because it reminds me of the bulky Predator look (New tracer missile that has a laser lock on only makes it more cool).

More Nihilus-type masks, less... whatever we're looking at here.

THIS NOT DIRECTED AT YOU if the "shoes don't fit"! If you don't like something find a way to do it better. Go find some investors and start your own game company. I'm so tired of gamers trying to be producers. Let the people who make the game do their job.

This game is making moves in so many ways and yet people just complain. Sit back watch, listen and then make suggestions. Remember the poeple who work on this game want to do great things. So get that business plan together, grab a group of people to write some storyline, get some crazy artist, programmers, major investment and go do the do. Until then....

I really do think gamers are brilliant people but some of us just waste time.

Peace and Love and if your mom and dad are alive take a few moments from your life and tell them you love them.

:D

The design of the new sets is just a sad joke.

Why the heck didn't they design something more star-warsy and less WoW?

Example: The assassin looks like a green Naga. Why isn't there a "Darth Maul"-equipment? That would be looking sith-like!

Or the Jedi - the example with a urine bowl fits perfectly for that helmet.

Seriously, what is wrong with your design team? Are they trying to make the worst-looking-Sets-in-MMO-history?

If the answer is YES:

Design-Team, you hit the spot and finished your job perfectly.

If the answer is NO:

I hope, ist is no. My advice would be: fire the lead designer instant. Give your design team a workshop in "how to design for the customers". Right now nearly every set is a complete fail. Just watch the damn movies!

Who is responsible for the set-design? This guy clearly got his design skills through youtube videos and the advice of the neighbours kid, 'cuz he has paint on his home computer.

#plx: gief us some nice equipment!

Edited by Draxxar

I don't know if this has been said yet, but I remember reading a statement where the feedback about gear had been heard, but there are already a couple tiers of gear on the pipeline, and after those are out we'll start seeing the new gear as affected by the feedback.

As such, continuing to complain about something they are already fixing is rather pointless... just leave the horse alone, it was dead quite some time ago.

Forgive me Bioware, I love the game, but I have to get this off of my chest before I can feel right about playing tomorrow.

This looks like WoW just ran through a burning building! Specifically the Inquisitors! You don't see Darth Nihilus or Talon running around with moss growing out of their heads! What were you thinking?!

This is how STAR WARS Sith look! No one wants to look like the Swampthing got ran over!

If the gear wasn't moddable (or mods able to be removed and put in STAR WARS-looking gear than I would be done).

Half of the fun of ANY game is looking awesome, especially on an RP server. Any self-respecting Sith would finish burning those scraps!

This kind of design process should be reviewed and approved by a small panel of BOTH SW canon experts AND fashionistas. What would Dooku say if he had to wear that to be any good against others?

Please don't lose sight of what you are making and the universe there-in; also it's obsessively detail-oriented fan-base.

And the Agents look like Jeeps.

Lol at Agents looking like Jeeps.

They already said they looked at the threads we made in response from testing and are working on having their art teams look at reference images that we linked to them and that should help steer us that way in the future.

However, since we have leaks for up to 1.5, it maybe a bit of time before you see a significant shift in inspiration.